Auto Mock

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Did a sim on PFF, Lawerance went to Bengals at #3. Smh. Yeah, that site is legitimate.
AC 46Blitz
UOK
Site Admin

The mock simulators are so frustrating but fun. I google tons of the prospects listed when it's my turn to pick, and then I find that a guy I'm looking at in round 4 is apparently projected to go top 5? What the hell? The big boards provided wouldn't be that off...right?

---------

Did a mock on FanSpeak (https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-moc ... /draft.php) set to Difficult and here are my results (note - there are no trades unless you're on the upgraded version):

R1 P13: Trey Lance, QB - ND State

I was torn about taking a QB here, but Lance in other years would go top 10. Wilson was taken a pick before this and I would've taken him had he been available, but Lance is a baller and infinitely more interesting a prospect than anyone on the Bears roster or elsewhere in this draft.

---------

R2 P45: Jackson Carman, OT - Clemson

Carman is arguably one of the better OL prospects, so who knows if he'd be here, but the man is a beast. Instant starting tackle.

---------

R3 P77: Tyler Linderbaum, C/G - Iowa

He'd likely be a true center, but depending on how the Bears feel about him, he'd maybe be a nice option to compete at the starting RG position as well. He's in great need of development but the upside is off the charts.

---------

R5 P154: Reed Blankenship, S - Middle Tennessee

His highlights intrigued me. Deceptively heavy hitter, plays the ball well. Routinely in the mix and graceful on the field. Would be a nice safety prospect.

---------

R6 P191: Brant Kuithe, TE - Utah

Jimmy Graham will be gone, and the Bears will need better depth at the TE position after the still cooking Kmet. Kuithe is basically a large WR with insane athleticism. I encourage you to watch his highlights. Intruiging stuff.

---------

R6 P237: Cole Van Lanen, OT - Wisconsin

Tempted by Brennan Eagles, but the Bears need to have better resources at tackle, even if none of them pan out right away. Van Lanen has a great foundation and could use some grooming, but in the right hands? Maybe something more. Either way, this cupboard cannot risk being empty.

---------

R6 P220: Camryn Bynum, CB - Cal

He's a high-intensity, pesky nuisance who has great timing on playing the ball in midair and seems to energize his teammates.

---------

R6 P230: Palaie Gaoteote, LB - USC

The main reason I took this guy is because he beats the absolute fuck out of people. He hits so - fucking - hard. He sometimes injures himself in the process, but the sheer impact is almost cringe inducing. This guy is a missile. Sign me up.
Z Bear
MVP

UOK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:21 am

Carman is arguably one of the better OL prospects, so who knows if he'd be here, but the man is a beast. Instant starting tackle.

Cosmi or Darrisaw in the first, then this guy in the 2nd and the line should be set! At 6'8" 350 Carman is the ideal RT in the NFL.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Z Bear wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:30 am
UOK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:21 am

Cosmi or Darrisaw in the first, then this guy in the 2nd and the line should be set! At 6'8" 350 Carman is the ideal RT in the NFL.
As much as a QB sounds nice, I would like that outcome. If the bears end up with say the 8-10 range I actually would like to see a trade back a little and gain another 2nd. Would rather see a dart throw at one of the later QBs. It’s possible for the team to compete with Foles if he is protected. If not you get another early pick with a young line that’s got a year in the books. Maybe grab a kid like Crum late and maybe you get lucky in the process.
AC 46Blitz
wab
Mod

DevilsProspect wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 pm
Z Bear wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:30 am

As much as a QB sounds nice, I would like that outcome. If the bears end up with say the 8-10 range I actually would like to see a trade back a little and gain another 2nd. Would rather see a dart throw at one of the later QBs. It’s possible for the team to compete with Foles if he is protected. If not you get another early pick with a young line that’s got a year in the books. Maybe grab a kid like Crum late and maybe you get lucky in the process.
6'8?

He's listed at 6'5. Although I do agree with not taking a QB in R1 if they have to pick between Trask/Jones.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

wab wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm
DevilsProspect wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 pm

6'8?

He's listed at 6'5. Although I do agree with not taking a QB in R1 if they have to pick between Trask/Jones.
I just hope they don’t take Lance or Trask because they feel they need to. I would be on the fringe on Wilson, wouldn’t be upset. Just rather build the line for now and the future. They could even double down with Newman and Crum later in draft. Have the guys battle it out for backup to Foles to begin and put the loser on PS. Hell, maybe one of them beats out Foles.
AC 46Blitz
Z Bear
MVP

wab wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm

6'8?

Typo, my bad.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:21 am The mock simulators are so frustrating but fun. I google tons of the prospects listed when it's my turn to pick, and then I find that a guy I'm looking at in round 4 is apparently projected to go top 5? What the hell? The big boards provided wouldn't be that off...right?
Boards vary heavily in quality at this time.
Especially because some have been updated recently, some haven't for months.
But also for other reasons, too.

You have to study a lot of boards to know what's what.
And when you do the sims at this time of year (if you want a realistic draft, which I do) you have to either skip some opportunities that are crazy generous or draft that person way before what the board says.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

They are fun, but I don’t think they are terribly realistic at this moment, especially at this moment in 2020. I did one this morning where Lawrence went 8th.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

This would be my dream draft. Not so much as the particular players, just the format and the positions taken.

I mostly would like to trade back a few spots and possibly gain a 2nd or 3rd. Even if the bears gained an additional pick next year or so. So I did one of the sims and the browns offered...

Browns
24th pick
56th pick
2nd rd pick in 2022

For bears
13th pick
78th pick

Trying to fill what I feel are the biggest needs for now and the future, I went against my “wants” in the first round and went with a QB. Since that was out of the way, I triple downed on OL. Even if nobody including Trask doesn’t start in the beginning of the year, it would greatly build a solid future core. Also double downed on QB who could add good development depth, likely a practice squad guy depending on what happens. Picked a backup RB as well. So here is what I got.

24th pick - QB Kyle Trask, I am not sold on the guy. But Wilson will most likely be gone by the time it gets to the Bears. Quite frankly, I am more interested in OL with the first pick. But with a good deal on the table, I couldn’t help to change my plan. Being flexible enough to possibly have the option to double down on OT in 2nd round while getting a chance at solid QB prospect I couldn’t pass it up. Trask should be the next in line as far as prospects and has been solid. (If Trask was gone, it would be BPA regardless of position).

48th pick - OT Alex Leatherhead, Though there are about 4-5 OTs I would consider, it’s tough to say who will be here. Like I said, it’s more about framework of the plan more than the specific players. Both Leatherhead and Mayfield should be able to lock both positions down for years to come. There would be no excuse for any QB after a revamped OL.

49th pick - OT Jalen Mayfield, see pick 48

140th pick - OG/C Trey Hill, Though OTs needs to be addressed, interior line needs attention as well. With Whitehair, Daniels and Hill you will have plenty of flexibility. 3 players that are almost interchangeable between 3 positions. It will provide great depth on the entire line.

175th pick - QB Dustin Crum, I have a thing for this guy late in the draft. Being that the bears have had such bad QBs over their entire existence, it can’t hurt to take a good look at multiple players. The kid has looked good from what I’ve seen and has potential. Even if he starts out on the practice squad, I would like to see him a bear.

199th pick - Elijah Mitchell, He looks to be a solid guy to mix up with Montgomery. I’m over the Cohen thing taking handoffs. Cohen has a role, but he is too small to pick up the slack if Montgomery goes down.

Obviously every draft will mean other movements on the roster will happen. First and foremost, I would try and unload Foles to the Eagles if they traded Wentz. I would like to see Trubisky sign a 2yr 6-7m incentive laden deal. If he wins the QB competition then you have a cheap starting QB, if he doesn’t, you have a solid backup. It’s a win win. But with a new line and (assumed better play calling) Trubisky would have one final shot to see what he can or cannot do. This draft will allow the team to fill holes on the rest of the team in FA without worrying as much with the cap. It’s possible to resign Robinson if he would choose to come back. It’s possible to keep either Leno or Massie for a year for depth but one would have to go. I’m fine with that.
AC 46Blitz
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Kyle Trask
QB Florida
Whether he starts in 2021, starts in 2022, or eventually gets traded Garoppolo-style, you can't leave the pipeline empty any more. Too good an opportunity at too important a position.

Jalen Mayfield
OT Michigan
Ideally, RT in 2021, then LT in 2022. But if he's only right, that's ok.

Anthony Schwartz
WR Auburn
Incredible speed, medium size, a bit raw

Jake Ferguson
TE Wisconsin
Quality pass-catcher

R6
Nate Landman
ILB Colorado
Desperately needed depth with possible starter upside

R6
Max Duffy
P Kentucky
Stellar avg and some savings over O'Donnell

R6
Cade Mays
G/T Tennessee
Desperately needed interior depth

R6
Keith Taylor
CB Washington
Backup with size

R7
T.J. Vasher
WR Texas Tech
Has issues, but great size and some good tools

R7
Cory Durden
E Florida State
4 FAs on the line won't all be back

Z Bear
MVP

I have started doing these under the assumption we will resign Trubisky and let Allen Robinson walk due to cap space. This was the DraftTek board, which has not been updated in a while. It is hard to get too serious about these until the first few weeks of the new league year, but I would be pretty stoked with this class!

20: R1 P20 WR DeVonta Smith - Alabama
52: R2 P20 OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame
83: R3 P19 DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
161: R5 P20 LB Kuony Deng - Cal
198: R6 P19 WR Marquez Stevenson - Houston
216: R6 P37 CB Rachad Wildgoose - Wisconsin
220: R6 P41 S James Wiggins - Cincinnati
226: R7 P4 QB Kellen Mond - Texas A&M
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/

Traded down from 20 to move up in R3, pick up a 4, plus some minor trades to approximate all the late comp picks we'll have

Assuming Robinson goes, Fuller stays, probably Hicks stays
Assuming the best QBs are gone by 20 and/or the Bears put the position on hold for a new 2021 coach

Round: 2
Terrace Marshall Jr. WR | LSU LSU
Replaces Arob

Walker Little OT | Stanford Stanford
Replaces Massie, could move to LT eventually

Round: 3
Josh Myers C/G | Ohio State Ohio State
Mustipher is a nice find and good depth, but less than you want as a starter, and the frame size & athleticsm can't be fixed

Round: 4
Kellen Mond QB | Texas A&M Texas A&M
They have to have something in the pipeline and something to distract fans with. Foles and a bum vet won't suffice.

Round: 5
Marco Wilson CB | Florida Florida
Depth is hurting even if Fuller stays. Johnson has a second offseason of shoulder surgery. Skrine was possibly gone even before a 5-6 week concussion

Round: 6
Austin Watkins Jr. WR | UAB UAB
WR is really bare. Mooney and Ridely are the only 2 who definitely should be back.

Payton Turner E | Houston Houston
Lots of FAs at DL, won't all be back

Tariq Thompson SS | San Diego State San Diego State
Every S is a FA except Eddie

Grant Stuard ILB | Houston Houston
Terrible depth. Sleeper with probable coverage/3down speed.

Josh Pederson TE | Louisiana-Monroe Louisiana-Monroe
Lightweight backup pass catcher

Round: 7
T.J. Vasher WR | Texas Tech Texas Tech

Naquan Jones DL | Michigan Michigan

IE
Hall of Famer

Nate Vasher's nephew. That would be cool. I always liked Nate a lot.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Z Bear
MVP

Back to Mitch walking, has to be a QB in the first now.

20: R1 P20 QB Mac Jones - Alabama
52: R2 P20 DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
83: R3 P19 OT Jackson Carman - Clemson
161: R5 P20 WR Marquez Stevenson - Houston
198: R6 P19 CB Robert Rochell - Central Arkansas
216: R6 P37 TE Matt Bushman - BYU
220: R6 P41 LB Tony Fields II - West Virginia
226: R7 P4 S Reed Blankenship - Middle Tennessee
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

pff.com/mock

I really want to attack the things that went most wrong in 2020 and get a QB, C, and T. The only way to really do that is to trade down in R1 and up in R3. I don't want a R3 QB or OT and the 3Cs aren't likely to last far into it.
Haven't looked at value charts, but I feel like the trade favors the other guys. Best I could get, though.
R4 and maybe 5,6 feels like it's going to be good value spots for WR. Granted, we are short on high-end talent, but there aren't enough picks. Let the kids play in 2021 and get a 2022 vet to fill whatever role they don't seem to have taken care of.

Trade
Gave
Received

R1:37
Kyle Trask QB • Florida
R2:52
Samuel Cosmi T • Texas
R3:69
Creed Humphrey C • Oklahoma
R4:110
Anthony Schwartz WR • Auburn
R5:165
Tony Poljan TE • Virginia
R6:206
Trevon Grimes WR • Florida
C6:221
Tony Fields ILB • West Virginia
R7:231
Tuf Borland ILB • Ohio State

CB, DL, SS are all places I would have liked depth, but the options weren't there. This seems like just an awful class for 5T.

I like the PFF engine a lot, but their ranking list needs work.
Some players way too low, so I just skipped them.
Some who didn't declare and not enough names available for the late rounds.

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

DevilsProspect wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:08 am
The Cooler King wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 pm I was reading about that Schwartz guy. Fast might be an understatement, at least in testing terms. Sounds like he could break all time combine numbers.

Now whether he's football fast or not....
Is your Schwartz as big as mine?
Obviously not. Didn't you see the size of that guy? Can you say "diminutive?" lol
karhu
Head Coach

Checked in with Fanspeak, and it gave me Quinn Meinertz in the 7th. Which kinda put a damper on my sense of triumph.

So I took a look at PFN's, and while the mobile interface is a bit much, I liked it well enough. Rankings seemed solid, at least as far as my strategy allowed me to see them, and trades felt realistic. Here's what I got.

Trades:

#20 for #27 and a 2022 second-rounder
Some other trades. Just working from a screenshot, so I can't recall them all.

27. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas. Strikes me as having an excellent college game across the board, with a terrific chance of translating much of that game to the NFL. Pencil him in as your 2022 starting LT.

52. Dillon Radunz, OT, NDSU. I'm not as high on Mac Jones as some, and in any case I want any drafted QB to sit for a year while getting some serious coaching and putting in some serious work. So I'm sanguine about developing a later-round pick. Radunz, though, looks like he can step in right away to the dearly departed Bobbie Massie's role. Or maybe Cosmi does. In any case, these two are nicely complementary tackles with the right kinds of similarities. And our line is now young (ish, in Whitehair's case, I guess), talented, and ready to grow as a unit. An oblique contribution to our QBs' development, but a significant one, I think.

99. Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville. I'm less concerned about loading up with midgets than I am about adding talent. And Atwell could be an absolute monster. Not just fast, meaningfully fast. Oh, and I have no interest in signing Allen Robinson, so there's that.

127. Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia(ish). My favorite mid-round QB; I'm a bit surprised to land him here. He needs some time, and the Bears need to make sure he benefits from it. But if he fine-tunes his mechanics and works like hell on his accuracy and ball placement, he could be the real thing. Frankly, I think that he's what optimistic-but-open-eyed Bucs fans thought Jameis Winston was. Just with his head screwed on straight.

151. Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee. I was a huge Kevin Byard fan back in 20whatever, and yeah, I remembered Blankenship when I saw that he went to the same school. But the guy's genuinely impressive on his own merits. I also like Divine Deablo, and not just because he'd have the best name in professional sports. Deablo's a prototypical strong safety, which we need if Eddie Jackson's going to have as much of the field in front of him as possible. But I suspect that Sean Desai is thinking a move or two ahead, in which case it makes sense to look at a guy like Blankenship, who is solid and opportunistic in coverage, but who also has a ton of successful experience dropping into the box.

178. Thomas Graham, CB, Oregon. Honestly? He's a CB. I live in Puget Sound. People around here say great things about him, and he had a good Senior Bowl by all accounts. That's enough for me.

182. Ellerson Smith, OLB, Northern Iowa. I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to get rid of Robert Quinn, but someone made sure that we're stuck with the guy for two more seasons (one more if we want to pay for the privilege). In the meantime, it can't hurt to build depth (and stock up on promising special-teamers).

198. Riley Cole, ILB, South Alabama. Speaking of old guys we're stuck with (why are my ears burning?), we've got at least two years of Danny Trevathan's farewell tour to look forward to. Like Quinn, he's gone in 2023, because that's the only time when cutting him won't kill us. In the meantime, as much as I've liked Iggy, he'd save us nearly a million against the cap in 2021. Cole's a downhill complement to Smith's everywhere-on-the-field game.

I wish I'd had room for an heir apparent to Hicks, and might should be kicking myself for trading Baltimore the pick they used on Christian Barmore. I dunno...maybe Rashaad Coward can jump across the line again (no pun intended)? I like the idea of extending Hicks, though, and I'd like him back.

As it stands, I like that this draft makes a strength out of one of our chronic weaknesses, economically and lastingly. And that it lets us get a jump on some of the housecleaning that's to come. We might not win a ton of games by investing in a couple of tackles early, but by next year's draft we might not mind that at all. Whoever we start at QB in 2022 will sure benefit from this sort of thing.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Z Bear
MVP

PFN added comp picks yesterday and updated their board. I think their rankings are better than anything on Fanspeak at the moment.

Was able to trade down with Pittsburgh, picking up their 3rd.

24. Mac Jones QB Alabama

52. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

83. Tylan Wallace WR Oklahoma State

87. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

165. Darius Stills DT West Virginia

205. Paris Ford S Pitt

219. Cary Angeline TE NC State

224. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State

230. Jonathan Adams Jr. WR Arkansas State
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Z Bear wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 am PFN added comp picks yesterday and updated their board. I think their rankings are better than anything on Fanspeak at the moment.

Was able to trade down with Pittsburgh, picking up their 3rd.

24. Mac Jones QB Alabama

52. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

83. Tylan Wallace WR Oklahoma State

87. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

165. Darius Stills DT West Virginia

205. Paris Ford S Pitt

219. Cary Angeline TE NC State

224. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State

230. Jonathan Adams Jr. WR Arkansas State
Oh, looks like I have company aboard the Adams Jr train. :D
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Z Bear
MVP

thunderspirit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:39 am Oh, looks like I have company aboard the Adams Jr train. :D
For sure! This dude reminds me a lot of Alshon, not overly fast but has a ridiculous catch radius and hands. He is one of those guys that ate always open not matter how close the DB is.
Last edited by Z Bear on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z Bear
MVP

double
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Trade
Received

Trade
Received

Samuel CosmiT • Texas
Mac already gone, Trask went very next pick

Creed HumphreyC • Oklahoma

Chazz SurrattILB • North Carolina
WR was so deep, it feel unecessary to force it in R2-3

Jamie NewmanQB • Georgia
Mond went very early (R3 even tho he was rated as R5 - which is the kind of thing that can happen with QBs. It was pretty much this or nothing.

Nico CollinsWR • Michigan

Tony PoljanTE • Virginia

DJ DanielCB • Georgia

Matt BushmanTE • BYU

thunderspirit
Head Coach

I'm not particularly high on Surratt or Collins, but the rest is very solid.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Took a try, surprised that I liked Stokes as much compared to who was left on the board in the first. But he has decent size and way too much speed to ignore after watching our D look slow last year.

20: R1 P20 CB Eric Stokes - Georgia
52: R2 P20 QB Kyle Trask - Florida Not surprised that Trask is there in the 2nd, hard to pass on him.
83: R3 P19 OT Spencer Brown - Northern Iowa Seems like a good fit if we move on from Massie
165: R5 P20 C Trey Hill - Georgia Hard to pass him up this late. Like his tenacity while worried about him staying healthy
205: R6 P19 WR Shi Smith - South Carolina Took him for his return ability more than anything, but should contribute from the slot too
219: R6 P33 TE Tony Poljan - Virginia Pace always seems to grab a TE, love his size and the fact that he could throw the ball on a trick play if needed
224: R6 P38 DL Tedarrell Slaton - Florida Huge space eater. Maybe kick Goldman out to DE in the 3-4 look on running downs
230: R7 P4 EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo - Vanderbilt Like the idea of using a late pick on an injured guy. Bring him in and rehab to take a chance on him
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I liked this mock draft, filled a lot of holes without sacrificing much future draft capital:

https://dawindycity.com/2021/02/20/chic ... dium=email
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Was bored so played around and got this (totally not gonna happen but I'd be thrilled)

32 Jalen Mayfield OT Mich
63 Dillon Radunz OT ND St.
65 Amari Rodgers WR Clemson
83 Chazz Surratt LB N. Car.
103 D'Wayne Eskridge WR West Mich
136 Jamie Newman QB Wake/GA
205 Joshua Kaindoh Edge Fl. St.
224 Chris Rumph II Edge Duke
230 Chris Evans RB Mich
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/
Draft Mode: Realistic
Mode: Strict
Draft Order: Pre-Draft

Traded
Received

Traded
Received

I'm almost never impressed (this year) with the value of what's around at 83. Always like the value of R4 + R5 better.

Kyle Trask QB | Florida Florida

Dillon Radunz OT | North Dakota State North Dakota State
Just barely got the last one left of my 8 OTs

Round: 3
Josh Myers C/G | Ohio State Ohio State
Without tradedowns, he may be a luxury. But with them, I can't possibly resist.

Talanoa Hufanga SS | USC USC
4 FAs at S

Anthony Schwartz WR | Auburn Auburn

Pete Werner ILB | Ohio State Ohio State

Round: 5
Dyami Brown WR | North Carolina North Carolina

D.J. Daniel CB | Georgia Georgia

Round: C6
Tony Poljan TE | Virginia Virginia

Round: C6
K.J. Britt ILB | Auburn Auburn

Matt BushmanTE | BYU BYU

A lot of cluster bombing certain weaknesses:
2 OL
2 WR
2 TE
2 DB
2 ILB

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

pff.com/mock

Trade
Received

Trade
Received
etc

Traded down to 32, primarily for 64. Retraded 64 for a slew of day 3 picks.
Both trades were almost exactly balanced by a good Trade Chart and accepted by the PFF system.

Continues my prefered trend of cluster bombing a few positions.

TE has only 2 who are more than JAGs and 1/2 is overpriced
ILB has only 1 who would ideally be on the roster (and he may cost way too much soon)
WR is mediocre and only has 4 worth keeping (3 if ARob goes)
OL is mediocre when healthy, has weak depth and overpriced Ts

Samuel Cosmi T • Texas
Trask nearly always goes to NO at 28 in this sim

Jalen Mayfield T • Michigan
Double dipping T wasn't planned, but easily the best at a need position here. Can definitely afford to let Leno walk for a comp pick in a year with these 2.

Brevin Jordan TE • Miami (FL)
Very different from Graham, but well suited to a Nagy offense

Josh Myers C/G • Ohio State
Seems low, but I thought Biadasz would go higher last year, too, so I'll allow it. Interior and exterior fully stocked with starters and depth now.

Cameron McGrone ILB • Michigan
Should be ready to start even before Trevathan's Contract From Hell expires

Anthony Schwartz WR • Auburn

Tamorrion Terry WR • Florida State

Austin Watkins WR • UAB
As I've said R4-5 is where the real WR value spot seems to be now. A boost to receiver spots 4-6, with some potential to maybe be 2-3 guys eventually.

Keith Taylor CB • Washington
Backup outside corner w size

Javian Hawkins HB • Louisville
A new toy for Nagy, with Patterson likely gone. Can do a lot of what Cohen does, if his leg is shot.

Fast backup

Feleipe Franks QB • Arkansas
Not particularly a fan, but missed out on QBs 6-9, had a lot of late picks, and this is what was there.

Matt Bushman TE • BYU
I take him in every draft. Even if he has to redshirt 2021, with as many TE holes as the Bears have, you'd be crazy not to spend a 6/7 on it.

Cary Angeline TE • North Carolina State
Missed another favorite pick in Poljan, so here's some size for that redzone TEing

Trey Dean III S • Florida
Depth with 4 FAs

Tedarrell Slaton DL • Florida
Spare beef with 3-4 FAs and Goldman not 100% certain

Z Bear
MVP

Now that ARob is tagged, WR drops down the priority list. Really you could go into next season with ARob, Mooney, and Miller if nothing works out in the draft. Here is today's Fanspeak using the Draft Diamonds board.

20: R1 P20 QB Mac Jones - Alabama
52: R2 P20 G Wyatt Davis - Ohio State (really wanted a tackle but all the good ones were gone)
83: R3 P19 OT D'Ante Smith - East Carolina
165: R5 P20 CB Robert Rochell - Central Arkansas
205: R6 P19 TE Tre McKitty - Georgia
219: R6 P33 WR Jaelon Darden - North Texas
224: R6 P38 DL Malik Herring - Georgia
230: R7 P4 LB Riley Cole - South Alabama