Senior Bowl 2021 Thoughts

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

I'll do more positional breakdowns too (to the extent my notes make any semblance of sense)

QB group was basically Mac Jones and.....

TE, HB groups were Quality (though almost all the HB talent was on the one team)

WR Group is great again - I think this is officially not an outlier or even Mini-Trend - So many offenses in College Football are so pass heavy - and the athletes are graviating toward the position too. Every year there are 10 NFL WR at the Senior Bowl alone (and that's with the top guys sitting out most years)

OL group was Fine - some quality and guys you will really love - though not much in the way of Tackles

DL group I'd say was decently deep - though below average by recent Senior Bowl vintages- No real "Stand Out" either

DB Group - Safeties showed up strong actually - two guys that really stood out for me - but CB is tough to find

I think elite CBs are only going to get more and more expensive - I also think Defenses that help corners out are going to be more and more in vogue

The days of leaving CBs on an island to sell out for Pass Rush - I think it's just too hard. Especially with how good and deep WR are league wide

Kickers - I did not watch