The official "My Guy" Thread

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

If we are adding our 2022 my guys to this thread.

Leo Chenal lb Wisconsin. I really think this kid will be a playmaker in any system. Having watched the Badgers a lot I think he is being overlooked drastically. Hes a thumper with the athletic ability to do almost anything. The "reports" say he doesnt move laterally well. I think that's an exaggerated complaint. Hes a better Kwiatkowski I think he could be really good.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:27 pm Jalen Pitre out of Baylor is my guy.
Good choice :clap:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:10 am If we are adding our 2022 my guys to this thread.

Leo Chenal lb Wisconsin. I really think this kid will be a playmaker in any system. Having watched the Badgers a lot I think he is being overlooked drastically. Hes a thumper with the athletic ability to do almost anything. The "reports" say he doesnt move laterally well. I think that's an exaggerated complaint. Hes a better Kwiatkowski I think he could be really good.
I like Leo. He's a missile when he zeros in.
He'd have to last to the 3rd round on my priority list. I still have CB, S, WR and O line as higher priorities.
But there are still enough guys in FA to plug and play if we do take him.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I like Zach Tom at OT/C. Tested off the charts. Experienced in zone blocking but pretty light and lacking in power.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:01 am I like Zach Tom at OT/C. Tested off the charts. Experienced in zone blocking but pretty light and lacking in power.
Tom is certainly athletic and smart. JMSO, he's not a tackle, except maybe in a pinch.

He didn't show much of the attitude Poles is seeking at Wake Forest, but it flashed a little at the Senior Bowl.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm going to say George Pickens if he's healthy and gets his head screwed on straight.

Kid is oozing potential and, to me, has all the traits of a #1 WR.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Khalil Shakir is the type of playmaker we need in the mid rounds. I started thinking he was a good value, then I watched some cutups and he became My Guy.
xyt in the discord chats
thunderspirit
Head Coach

My guys remain Chad Muma, Tyquan Thornton, and Juanyeh Thomas.

I'm going to add Dylan Parham in place of Dohnovan West and call Rasheed Walker my choice at offensive tackle.
KFFL refugee.

Bearfacts
MVP

Two; Khalil Shakir/WR BSU and Cole Strange/OG Tenn-Chattanooga. Both look to be 3rd round ranked talent.
G08
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:32 pm I'm going to say George Pickens if he's healthy and gets his head screwed on straight.

😉

wab
Mod

G08 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am
G08 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:32 pm I'm going to say George Pickens if he's healthy and gets his head screwed on straight.

😉
I'm starting to get the vibe that Pickens is going to go in the top 20
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:36 am

😉
I could see the fucking Packers drafting him...

thunderspirit
Head Coach

😉
Pickens and Watson are both going on Day 1, I believe.
KFFL refugee.

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:00 am

Pickens and Watson are both going on Day 1, I believe.
Watson’s star has started to fall. He’s being labelled a Droppy McDropface.
I don’t think he’s going on day 1.
Pickens has issues with his personality, he could also fall.

dplank
Hall of Famer

Dumb take alert here: I never consider "drops" when thinking about WR's, for a very specific and dumb reason. Even as a little kid, I was able to catch anything thrown to me - the proverbial "If you can touch it you can catch it" always made sense to me, it was as easy as taking a piss. And so when I watch these amazing athletes play, I assume they can all catch the ball without any difficulty and my assumption is there's some other reason for any drops that shouldn't be forecasted into their future prospects. Couple that with the limited stat issue (the # of drops is typically really small and a extra couple of drops can show up as a huge variance % wise when comparing a list of WRs) and I just ignore it completely.

I worry way more about personality issues. Every player that makes it to the NFL is driven and impressive - every damn one of them. In order to stand out amongst peers at that level, your obsession with your craft needs to be off the charts IMO.

So give me the Droppy McDropface if he.....wait for it......drops to us at 39.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:56 pm Dumb take alert here: I never consider "drops" when thinking about WR's, for a very specific and dumb reason. Even as a little kid, I was able to catch anything thrown to me - the proverbial "If you can touch it you can catch it" always made sense to me, it was as easy as taking a piss. And so when I watch these amazing athletes play, I assume they can all catch the ball without any difficulty and my assumption is there's some other reason for any drops that shouldn't be forecasted into their future prospects. Couple that with the limited stat issue (the # of drops is typically really small and a extra couple of drops can show up as a huge variance % wise when comparing a list of WRs) and I just ignore it completely.

I worry way more about personality issues. Every player that makes it to the NFL is driven and impressive - every damn one of them. In order to stand out amongst peers at that level, your obsession with your craft needs to be off the charts IMO.

So give me the Droppy McDropface if he.....wait for it......drops to us at 39.
:D

Hard to disagree with that, plus I’ll have a post which will either elevate me to legendary status or will haunt my every interaction :thumbsup:

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Skyy Moore. He's not the big X they can use but he's a playmaker with the ball in his hands. Jalen Tolbert - also a playmaker, great downfield, might be an X.
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:01 am I like Zach Tom at OT/C. Tested off the charts. Experienced in zone blocking but pretty light and lacking in power.
I'm with you. And I wonder if concerns about his size are overblown. He's nearly the spitting image of Rashawn Slater entering the draft. Half an inch shorter than Tristan Wirfs, with arms half an inch shorter, and he benched just as much at 15 pounds lighter. He didn't have a signature game, and he didn't drive a lot of guys off the field. That's more like Robert Gallery, Lachavious Simmons, and Teven Jenkins. Tom's just a boring ol' excellent lineman, and that works for me.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
karhu
Head Coach

Early: George Pickens, Zach Tom
Mid: Dominique Robinson, JT Woods
Late: Jequez Ezzard, Dontario Drummond
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
wab
Mod

karhu wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:20 pm Early: George Pickens, Zach Tom
I like Robinson a lot. I also like Logan Hall if they decide to go that route in R2 or 3.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:38 pm
karhu wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:20 pm Early: George Pickens, Zach Tom
I like Robinson a lot. I also like Logan Hall if they decide to go that route in R2 or 3.
They're still keeping an eye on Ogun but I doubt there's resolution before the draft. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they took a DT for 3-tech at 39: Hall, Perrion Winfrey, Travis Jones, DeMarvin Leal.
IE
Hall of Famer

My guy is Kenneth Walker, who if he slips I think they should take. He's a perfect lead back and explosive runner with Juice as his partner. I'm expecting Monty is tradeable for a 3rd or 4th to a team that needs a guaranteed floor at RB who can catch the ball. I'm thinking a team like KC, because I think CEH sucks & they didn't re-up Jet McKinnon which I think is crazy. Monty isn't as explosive as KC would like. But they need to be able to run the ball when they need to run the ball. Monty is the perfect solution for them. The Bears need explosive players who can score.

The guy I REALLY like because he's a winner but the Bears aren't in the market is Desmond Ridder. Guy is an NFL starter IMO.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:54 pm My guy is Kenneth Walker, who if he slips I think they should take. He's a perfect lead back and explosive runner with Juice as his partner. I'm expecting Monty is tradeable for a 3rd or 4th to a team that needs a guaranteed floor at RB who can catch the ball. I'm thinking a team like KC, because I think CEH sucks & they didn't re-up Jet McKinnon which I think is crazy. Monty isn't as explosive as KC would like. But they need to be able to run the ball when they need to run the ball. Monty is the perfect solution for them. The Bears need explosive players who can score.
1/2 with you, 1/2 not

I love Walker and Hall and even though HB isn't high on the radar or list of needs, I'd strongly consider either, if they last too long.

Monty, OTOH, I think is vastly overrated by Bear fans and wouldn't net better than a 5 or 6.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
G08
Hall of Famer

Georgia's George Pickens is a true outside X receiver who could rise into the late first round. He could also go deep into Day 2, due in part to off-the-field concerns. Pickens told me that he believes his range is Nos. 25 to 45, and the Packers, Chiefs and Cardinals are among teams that have done lots of homework on him.

Pickens told me he believes he's the draft's best wideout because "as a big target that can run 4.4 [40], I can do what [other receivers] can along with having size. ... When you can do all of those things [at 6-foot-3], it's a no-brainer."

Pickens says he takes pride in blocking, comes from a pro-style system at Georgia and has closely studied the greats, such as Davante Adams and Cooper Kupp.

Several NFL execs believe Pickens, on talent alone, would be talked about among the top five receivers, but teams have some concerns. Pickens was suspended for a half-game at Georgia and had a well-publicized fight with a Georgia Tech player in the end zone. He also tore his ACL in March 2021 and caught only five passes this past season.

Pickens believes he has matured since that fight. "The internet can portray you in different ways, but seeing me in a different light, I believe teams were pleasantly surprised," Pickens said. "A lot of teams wanted to get to know me personally, so I took a few business trips and believe they saw that side of me." -- Fowler