Pete Prisco's Mock

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

I am very much out on Mond

Why the dislike on Trask Wulfy? I was warming up to him - usually we are more in line
IE
Hall of Famer

To be clear, wab - I do disagree with JT on Fields and would love to see the Bears snag him. Doubt it tho.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wulfy
MVP

I really don't like Trask's anticipation on throws and his lateral movement in the pocket. I also think he has a below average NFL arm that will be exposed in the winter weather, especially in Chicago and Green Bay. I've watched three of his games (Texas A&M, Alabama and Oklahoma)
.... Alabama was a pretty good game for him, but you see how GREAT his surrounding cast was
.... Texas A&M was a good game for him, but exposed his lack of mobility - especially when compared to Mond who was moving the pocket all over the place
... if you want to like Trask, DO NOT watch the Oklahoma game because he didn't have that same cast in the game - he was horrible and they pulled him in the second half. He's very Mason Rudolph-y to me.

Mond on the other hand, has a legitimate NFL arm (top 3 arm in this draft class). I keep hearing about his accuracy being a problem - but if you look at his numbers, he very steadily progressed from starting as a freshman to being a senior. He works off-platform really well. I watched his games against Florida (fantastic, really really good), Arkansas (very good) and LSU (ooof, a debacle). I would look at Jimbo Fisher's offense as much more pro-style as well - they ran the ball as evidenced by Mond's 297 attempts this past year vs 437 for Trask. My comp is more on style, not what I expect him to become necessarily: Dak Prescott

In short, I think Mond's arm strength, mobility and depth of experience (in the SEC) gives me a much stronger feel for what you are getting vs Trask.