Draft: TE Position

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

I know TE isn’t really in anyone’s wheelhouse for picking in this draft and it seems to be a down year for the TE class, but there seems to be quite a few good blocking TE with some receiving skills also in the mid to late rounds. I think we could really use a good blocking TE, who can catch a bit, and play ST on this team. Here are the one’s I think would be a pretty good fit with our 5th or one of our many 6th round picks.

Matt Bushman, BYU- Would have been a 3rd round pick if healthy, maybe higher if he was younger. Like many BYU players he did his mission early so he’s 25 now and coming off an Achilles injury. He participated in drills at his pro-day and did well from all indications. Kid can block and has great hands. Would snag him for sure in the 5th/6th area.

Luke Ferrell, Ohio State- have seen him play many times and was always pretty impressed with the kid. He is an above average blocker and when they threw to him, he didn’t miss many at all that I can remember. He’s a pretty decent athlete, which he showed at his pro day, and I think he has some upside left for the NFL.

John Bates, Boise St- great size, athletic, very good blocker, and improved hands. Can be used as a blocker first with the occasional pass to him. I think he has a lot of upside to his game. Good 6th round guy.

Dylan Soehner, Iowa St- Really love this kid and actually all the Iowa State TE’s. Watch a lot of ISU games because of their coach and man those TE’s are tough. Soehner was more of the blocking TE but has really good hands too when used in the passing game. Great size and attitude.

Carey Angeline, NC St- another big body guy that has really nice hands. Excellent blocker who isn’t over athletic but smart and persistent on offense. Seems to have really sound technique as well.

Miller Forristall, Bama- wasn’t used much at all in the passing game but looks to have really nice hands when he is used. Not the biggest but a really good blocker. Had a really nice pro-day and showed his athleticism. I think he will be a better pro than college guy.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

The problem is that Nagy seems to think that all TEs are receiving TEs. Look at how he treated Demetrius Harris. Hell, he had 14 targets through the first seven games (twice as many as Kmet had). It's like he says, "I know, we'll go to our blocking TE, nobody will expect it." Problem is, after a few times, everybody expects it. When Nagy wants a blocking TE, he just puts in an offensive lineman. Even then, he'll sometimes target that lineman.
wulfy
MVP

I like both Bushman and Farrell .... would be willing to spend a 6th on either.

Luke Farrell reminds me of Josh Hill in New Orleans.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

TE is very definitely on my radar.

Graham has got to be done after this year.
That leaves Kmet + crap at a position where they keep 4-5 people.
In my mind, they could ideally use 2 easily, of all types.

Yeboah, Davidson, Eubanks, Poljan, and Moore all interest me late, too.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.