Excited Delirium Over Fields

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:48 pm Hey Yogi, just rewatched the first half. Trubisky was AWFUL. Guarantee you just read a stat sheet, I challenge you to watch it for yourself. He had 3 INTs dropped by Philly, he was absolutely awful.

2nd half coming up, maybe will play better

EDIT: He was equally terrible for most of the 3rd quarter, then as Mitch tended to do he got hot for 2 series and hit some really nice plays and we took the lead. Frustrating to watch, he’s so inconsistent. We couldn’t put them away in the 4th, but that wasn’t really on Mitch - more OL IMO. I couldn’t watch the last 5 minutes, I know he had a couple big completions.

Overall, he wasn’t good and was very much a part of why we lost that game. And he got REAL lucky he didn’t have a few picks that were dropped - seemed a pretty typical Trubisky game IMO.
I already did watch it. Did you see the other two long passes that he should have completed. The one that Miller dropped, actually fumbled but nobody picked up, that should have given us a first at the four. Or the one along the sidelines that ARob AGAIN stepped out on? The FACT that you don't mention these, again shows your bias.

It's true he could have had three picks, but they would have been stellar plays by the defense. In fact, the one that was ruled out of bounds, was a stellar defensive play, yet was still out.

Fact of the matter is that Trubisky had NINE passes that were or should have been for 20 or more yards. Count them. NINE of them! If he threw the ball like that every single game, he'd be our QB today. You say that this was a typical Trubisky day because of the three possible picks? Bullshit. How typical was it for him to throw interceptions? Not very. About as rare as him throwing good deep balls. With your reply, you've only convinced me even more that you can't see Trubisky in a fair light at all. That you bring up the possible picks and not the passes that should have been, shows your bias. Even in review, you can't see it in a fair or objective light.

In fact, if those three passes had been caught that were well thrown balls and should have been caught, Trubs would have gone for well over 360 yards, and probably another score or two. Do you think a 360 yard game with 2 to 3 scores is a good performance? Because that's what he should have had had his receivers not screwed up.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:36 pm
dplank wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:48 pm Hey Yogi, just rewatched the first half. Trubisky was AWFUL. Guarantee you just read a stat sheet, I challenge you to watch it for yourself. He had 3 INTs dropped by Philly, he was absolutely awful.

2nd half coming up, maybe will play better

EDIT: He was equally terrible for most of the 3rd quarter, then as Mitch tended to do he got hot for 2 series and hit some really nice plays and we took the lead. Frustrating to watch, he’s so inconsistent. We couldn’t put them away in the 4th, but that wasn’t really on Mitch - more OL IMO. I couldn’t watch the last 5 minutes, I know he had a couple big completions.

Overall, he wasn’t good and was very much a part of why we lost that game. And he got REAL lucky he didn’t have a few picks that were dropped - seemed a pretty typical Trubisky game IMO.
I already did watch it. Did you see the other two long passes that he should have completed. The one that Miller dropped, actually fumbled but nobody picked up, that should have given us a first at the four. Or the one along the sidelines that ARob AGAIN stepped out on? The FACT that you don't mention these, again shows your bias.

It's true he could have had three picks, but they would have been stellar plays by the defense. In fact, the one that was ruled out of bounds, was a stellar defensive play, yet was still out.

Fact of the matter is that Trubisky had NINE passes that were or should have been for 20 or more yards. Count them. NINE of them! If he threw the ball like that every single game, he'd be our QB today. You say that this was a typical Trubisky day because of the three possible picks? Bullshit. How typical was it for him to throw interceptions? Not very. About as rare as him throwing good deep balls. With your reply, you've only convinced me even more that you can't see Trubisky in a fair light at all. That you bring up the possible picks and not the passes that should have been, shows your bias. Even in review, you can't see it in a fair or objective light.

In fact, if those three passes had been caught that were well thrown balls and should have been caught, Trubs would have gone for well over 360 yards, and probably another score or two. Do you think a 360 yard game with 2 to 3 scores is a good performance? Because that's what he should have had had his receivers not screwed up.
I saw them, he had a few throws that were good but didn't have good results. I didn't mention them because I didn't want to write a book about it. If you watch that first half again and tell me you think he played well, I just don't know what to tell you. It wasn't good. Most of his completions were on comebacks. I saw, and believe, your stats on the long passes but feel like I only saw a couple of them when watching - must have had some RAC going on. You think I can't see the light on Trubisky....ok....I say you can't admit it when your wrong, historically, and dig in vs back off. Blaming the receivers is a bad take dude. Blame the OL if you want, Mitch was under heavy pressure - I acknowledged that. But when I say it was a typical Mitch game, what I mean by that is that he would have periods of total stagnation, then all the sudden would just catch fire and look great - but it was never sustained. It left you wishing he could just play like that more consistently, but he just never could. On the 3 near picks, 1 of them would have been a stellar play, 1 would have been a decent play but nothing special, and 1 was a gift that was dropped IIRC. Since you say you watched the game, how did he do with the RPO's? Same Mitch there too IMO, he made the wrong read 2 of the 3 RPO's that I noticed.

To be clear, I am not saying that game is on Mitch. I've never said that. But he participated in that loss and didn't play great, or even good IMO. More "meh". Had his share of good plays and his share of bad ones. He didn't sail a bunch of wild/errant passes, I'll grant you that. The OL was not good, they were the worst unit on the field. And honestly, I didn't think the D played all that well either - not as well as I had remembered. Amos in particular had a rough day, and pressure wasn't all that big on Foles.

Question since you think I'm being biased and you aren't. You ding me for bringing up the picks and not the good passes that weren't converted. Can you point me back to when you, being the honest and forthright person that you claim to be, pointed out the 3 near picks to me? Oh....you didn't? Hmmmm. Why didn't you bring that up during your initial recap of Mitch's performance? Were YOU being dishonest? Don't throw stones dude, it's a bad look. Glass houses and all that jazz. Anyways, I watched the game and gave an honest eval like I said I would. Pretty awful in the 1st half, caught fire for a stretch and looked good, had some mental mistakes, could have been helped more by his OL - seems like a familiar tale to me. Take it or leave it but I'm not gonna keep the thread going as it clearly annoys others on the board. Can move to PM if you want.
UOK
Site Admin

Excited delirium has turned into bickering. Chill the fuck out, please.