Cubs are getting pretty fun to watch

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

My stepson living with us for the last year due to Covid (moving back to LA in July, finally... lol) purchased MLB network and I'm watching games more than I have in years. I really like MLB network & app!

The Cubs are effing fun to watch these days. Unexpectedly effective bullpen. Really love Nico Hoerner (hope his hammy isn't too bad) and some of the other young guys. And Bryant is making a case to never ever let him go.

Baez might be one of my favorite Cubs of all time - and that's saying something. He just helped make the most amazing play vs the Pirates this afternoon. What a show!

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... ever-seen/
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Javy was awesome on that play, but man how damn dumb was the pirates first baseman on that play. I was laughing my rear end off on that one.

If it wasn't for that albatross of a contract for heyward I think Bryant/Rizzo would both be signed.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wow ... Pirates first baseman gets the head-in-the-ass award

all he had to do was go tag first, inning over ... credit Baez for just trying anything but that was serious vapor lock by the Pirates
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I love watching Javy play. He always seems to be having fun out there.

Heyward's deal doesn't preclude signing either of Rizzo or Bryant to anyone but Don Rickles, er, Tom Ricketts. Unfortunately, he's the one who makes that decision, so.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
IE
Hall of Famer

Yeah everyone is saying "all he had to do was tag the base" ... but Javy totally mind-f*cked the guy by luring him into thinking he was "this close" to tagging him all the way down the line. I'll make my second Obi Wan reference of the week!

I didn't realize that the run wouldn't have scored if Javy didn't make it back to first. That makes it all the more amazing. And then the overthrow letting him get to 2nd! ROFL!
IE
Hall of Famer

I take that back... the Cubs are very NOT fun to watch. There's a ton of talent but something wrong with the chemistry. And the pitching that was so surprisingly good for a while definitely did mean reversion (and then some). I think they may have to blow it up, if they don't have a win streak here pretty quickly.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

IE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:50 pm I take that back... the Cubs are very NOT fun to watch. There's a ton of talent but something wrong with the chemistry. And the pitching that was so surprisingly good for a while definitely did mean reversion (and then some). I think they may have to blow it up, if they don't have a win streak here pretty quickly.
They'll trade off everything that's not nailed down. *Maybe* signing one of their impending FA guys not named Kris Bryant to be the team-to-fans "ambassador" while dumping every eight-figure salary they can.

It's the new Ricketts way.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

The Cubs are the complete opposite of fun to watch. Dead-ass roster that needs to be scrubbed.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

They will be fun again, in 2-3 years when the prospects they get from the fire sale make it to the bigs.