The "Gardner Minshew" Memorial Thread of Whatever

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 30190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 2168 times

So this is why they didn’t trade for the first pick…
User avatar
IE
Hall of Famer
Posts: 12531
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Plymouth, MI
Has thanked: 529 times
Been thanked: 707 times
Contact:

IE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:55 am I think he'd be really good at Indy too - but I hope they feel bitten enough by the vet signing of Matty Ice that they have their focus set on getting a top QB in the draft.
Cool, well Indy is still probably going to pick a QB, but our boy has his chance to win this job for real this year.

TMP - keep the faith... we're getting there.
Troll-free since '23
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:17 pm Look at what showed up on Instagram!

He's back and better than ever!

How long before TMP's hero starts rocking a pair of these? :lol:
‘Daisy Dudes,’ skimpy shorts for men, divide Twitter: ‘My junk would come out’

Image

https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/daisy-dud ... e-twitter/
User avatar
BreadNCircuses
Assistant Coach
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 88 times

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:04 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:17 pm Look at what showed up on Instagram!

He's back and better than ever!

How long before TMP's hero starts rocking a pair of these? :lol:
‘Daisy Dudes,’ skimpy shorts for men, divide Twitter: ‘My junk would come out’

Image

https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/daisy-dud ... e-twitter/
Whatever else can be said about him,, he has a sense of humor. He's like the budget baker mayfield of the commercials
2023 Preseason Downside prediction:
5-6 wins, never really healthy all season, a constant shuffling.
We're potentially in a position to draft in the Top 5 again, depending on the Carolina team, and probably have a low-teens (or better) pick ourselves.
User avatar
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 pm
Has thanked: 731 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
Wins? No. Our defense is putrid.

Better play? Heck yeah. Without question.
Image
User avatar
Moriarty
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:22 pm
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 824 times

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm
Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
Oh, absolutely.

Not that many.
And it wouldn't help any.
And it wouldn't make any sense to be starting someone like that in this situation.

But of course he would have won more.
Tampa Bay 1 week ago, just for starters.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
I would say yes, but I have a bit of a minshew bias.
RichH55
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 655 times

mmmc_35 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:56 pm
Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
I would say yes, but I have a bit of a minshew bias.
Absolutely they would. The bar is set incredibly low.
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

TMP, you may want to sit down...

Colts QB Anthony Richardson is to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery and therefore Gardner Minshew will be the starter the rest of the season.

Image
otis
Pro Bowler
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:22 am
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 56 times

sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

otis wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:40 pm sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
Shh, don't tell TMP but yes he only signed a one year deal and is a free agent next year.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach
Posts: 2485
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 am
Has thanked: 2501 times
Been thanked: 492 times

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:23 pm
otis wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:40 pm sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
Shh, don't tell TMP but yes he only signed a one year deal and is a free agent next year.
Like he doesn't already have a calender with the start of FA circled and a picture of Minshew in jorts next to it
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
Image
RichH55
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 655 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
I kind of like this.

He's. - at worst - a good Bridge QB candidate. Shouldn't cost the 18 million Glennon contract

And even some upside to boot
HurricaneBear
Head Coach
Posts: 2485
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 am
Has thanked: 2501 times
Been thanked: 492 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
The reaction you will have if the Bears sign him this off-season will almost be worth all the losses we have had to endure.

He actually does make a ton of sense for this team next season in pretty much any scenario.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:52 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
The reaction you will have if the Bears sign him this off-season will almost be worth all the losses we have had to endure.

He actually does make a ton of sense for this team next season in pretty much any scenario.
It really will make the last two years worth it.

Even if we suck again just the sheer swagger and personality of the whole thing.

This mullet wearing hillbilly pulls up in an RV. Sleeps in the parking lot during TC and game weeks.

He really is a good QB, but I can’t imagine his contract being overbearing from a cap perspective.

It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

#1 overall traded down to 3 firsts and 2 seconds with Gardner Minshew

Or

Caleb Williams
Image
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 30190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 2168 times

Even if they sign Minshew, there's nothing stopping them from drafting Williams at 1 and sitting him for a year.
User avatar
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 720 times
Been thanked: 940 times

wab wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:05 pm Even if they sign Minshew, there's nothing stopping them from drafting Williams at 1 and sitting him for a year.
Well except Williams wish to join the Bears and sit for a year…..
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Image
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
I can certainly imagine your reaction if that day ever happens... and rather wish I couldn't!

Image
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

#1 overall traded down to 3 firsts and 2 seconds with Gardner Minshew

Or

Caleb Williams
Um...
NFL QB Index, Week 7
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer


Rank 31: Gardner Minshew
Down 8

We had to know Minshew’s run of doing just enough might eventually end. I just didn’t expect it to conclude in such spectacularly ugly fashion. Minshew was downright atrocious in Jacksonville on Sunday, throwing passes into traffic and watching three of them result in interceptions (the total could have been as high as five). He also was strip-sacked by Josh Allen, robbing the Colts of a chance to keep pace with the Jaguars. With Indianapolis buried in a deep deficit and lacking much of a running game to speak of, he had no choice but to air it out. That’s where he found a bit of a groove, connecting with Alec Pierce, Michael Pittman Jr. and Josh Downs (the latter scored on a 2-yard touchdown pass), but it came far too late. Minshew is going to need to be better or Indianapolis’ encouraging start will be forgotten by Thanksgiving.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-w ... nfl-season
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:30 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

#1 overall traded down to 3 firsts and 2 seconds with Gardner Minshew

Or

Caleb Williams
Um...
NFL QB Index, Week 7
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer


Rank 31: Gardner Minshew
Down 8

We had to know Minshew’s run of doing just enough might eventually end. I just didn’t expect it to conclude in such spectacularly ugly fashion. Minshew was downright atrocious in Jacksonville on Sunday, throwing passes into traffic and watching three of them result in interceptions (the total could have been as high as five). He also was strip-sacked by Josh Allen, robbing the Colts of a chance to keep pace with the Jaguars. With Indianapolis buried in a deep deficit and lacking much of a running game to speak of, he had no choice but to air it out. That’s where he found a bit of a groove, connecting with Alec Pierce, Michael Pittman Jr. and Josh Downs (the latter scored on a 2-yard touchdown pass), but it came far too late. Minshew is going to need to be better or Indianapolis’ encouraging start will be forgotten by Thanksgiving.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-w ... nfl-season
Ranked 31st my ass. Obviously a moron made those rankings.

GOAT Minshew is top 15 minimum.

You’ll see when he’s our QB next year.
Image
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

@HisRoyalSweetness

Did you know that the Minshew surname has its roots in the UK and Scotland?

You should get on the bandwagon now. He could be the biggest thing for that place since the Beatles.
Image
User avatar
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5294
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:41 am
Has thanked: 539 times
Been thanked: 816 times

We should rename this thread "Having a bad day, click here it will make you smile."
User avatar
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 720 times
Been thanked: 940 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:56 am @HisRoyalSweetness

Did you know that the Minshew surname has its roots in the UK and Scotland?

You should get on the bandwagon now. He could be the biggest thing for that place since the Beatles.
Scotland is still in the UK :lol:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Image
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6764
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 2250 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:56 am @HisRoyalSweetness

Did you know that the Minshew surname has its roots in the UK and Scotland?

You should get on the bandwagon now. He could be the biggest thing for that place since the Beatles.
I did not know that TMP so just looked it up. It has it's origins in Cheshire. No wonder the Minshews upped sticks to the States, surrounded by the Scousers in Liverpool and the Mancs in Manchester to the north, the Welsh to the west and the Brummies in Birmingham not too far south!

Wrexham's just over the border in Wales. Maybe Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney would be eager to by the team from the McCaskeys if Minshew is signed. They've brought a sense of fun to Wrexham AFC and they're a team on the rise!

As DD's already pointed out , Scotland is part of the UK. Our nation's full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with Great Britain comprising England, Scotland and Wales.

Oh, and by the way Williams is also a surname that has its roots in the UK... ;)
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8170
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Armpit of IL.
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 360 times

The Minshew dropping a dime in on the bomb in OT against the Titans.
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8170
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Armpit of IL.
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Minshew getting the dub in OT.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9017
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 1089 times
Been thanked: 1500 times

Gardner The GOAT drove the Colts down the field in OT against the Titans like the Red Army into Berlin.

My boy is an FA this offseason. If this JF1 mumbo jumbo doesn't work out it's time to break out the big gun!

Image
Image
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Posts: 20823
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: Football Hell
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 882 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:38 pm Gardner The GOAT drove the Colts down the field in OT against the Titans like the Red Army into Berlin.

My boy is an FA this offseason. If this JF1 mumbo jumbo doesn't work out it's time to break out the big gun!

Image
Image
Image

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Image
Post Reply