Coby White will be traded

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

...the question is for who?

Anyone who saw the Bulls dismantle the Nets, without Derozan, White, and Caruso knows what I am talking about. Dosunmu is looking to be the steal of the 2nd round, and is Coby White with more confidence and better defense. He fits the scheme better. The Bulls have a very legitimate shot of making a deep run in the playoffs. Due to the Patrick Williams injury, Chicago is badly in need of a PF that can hammer the glass all night, and take on the likes of The Greek Freak and Embid. Right now there are three candidates being tossed around on the rumor mill;

- Myles Turner - Indiana made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that it is now rebuilding and everyone is available. Myles Turner would give the Bulls a big man next to Vuc, and could take on the likes of the other big 4's in the league. The 6'11" PF was a defensive standout in 2021, and could give the Bulls the edge that they need.

- Cam Reddish - The Hawks would like to move on from Reddish. Although he's not the big body that Turner is, he's a lot more athletic, and can score. He could wear PF's out with his athleticism. The problem is that the Bulls don't need another scorer. They need a rebounder, and someone that could take on the Eastern Conference big men. I don't think Cam fits that bill.

- Marvin Bagley - The Kings have soured on Bagley, and have no plans for him in the future rebuild. Bagley is a 6'11" PF with A LOT of upside. He's been a head case in Sacramento, but there's also a reason that ownership fired Luck Walton so early in the season. Get that kid a change of scenery and see what happens. His salary is very affordable, and he could prove to be the missing piece.

Whoever the do trade Coby for, has to fit into the chemistry that has been developed on the floor with this new squad. They are selfless, supportive, and are all about winning damn the personal stats. If the Bulls can land one of the top PF's on the block, I think they can make a run all the way to the finals.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm going to miss Coby White because he started getting me back into the Bulls. The whole old school afro thing coupled with the scoring.

You're right he has to be traded.

It should be for a big man. This team doesn't have a dominant or even semi-dominant big man. Vuc is really good, but he's not that.

My wet dream for the Bulls is to land Porzingas because it'll take more than White to do that.

I like the idea of Bagley. I think in a winning, positive environment he's a guy with a ton of upside like you said. Ultimately it should be somebody like Bagley.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:26 am I'm going to miss Coby White because he started getting me back into the Bulls. The whole old school afro thing coupled with the scoring.

It should be for a big man. This team doesn't have a dominant or even semi-dominant big man. Vuc is really good, but he's not that.

My wet dream for the Bulls is to land Porzingas because it'll take more than White to do that.

I like the idea of Bagley. I think in a winning, positive environment he's a guy with a ton of upside like you said. Ultimately it should be somebody like Bagley.
Bagley would be a gamble. You would be hoping that a change of scenery reignites a fire in him. If the Bulls were able to pull off a trade for Myles Turner, they would immediately become the favorites in the East. Like instantly.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:26 am I'm going to miss Coby White because he started getting me back into the Bulls. The whole old school afro thing coupled with the scoring.

Bagley would be a gamble. You would be hoping that a change of scenery reignites a fire in him. If the Bulls were able to pull off a trade for Myles Turner, they would immediately become the favorites in the East. Like instantly.
The Bulls are for real. With what we're seeing right now it wouldn't surprise me if they made the Finals with the team they have as-is. They can take the Bucks.

AK isn't playing around. Something is going to happen.

The thing with Bagley is could you get him cheap?

No doubt with Turner. The Pacers should be dealing. Bleacher Report just had an article about it. You'd have Vuc and Turner in the same starting frontcourt. Shit. Lonzo would go crazy with that.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:43 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

The Bulls are for real. With what we're seeing right now it wouldn't surprise me if they made the Finals with the team they have as-is. They can take the Bucks.

No doubt with Turner. The Pacers should be dealing. Bleacher Report just had an article about it. You'd have Vuc and Turner in the same starting frontcourt. Shit. Lonzo would go crazy with that.
True on Bagley. He would be cheap, and he's showing signs of life now that the interim coach has him back in the rotation. If all he needs is a change of scenery, the Bulls would be perfect. With veterans stars like Lavine, Derozan, and Vuc, as well as HC Billy Donovan. They would make sure he conformed to the locker room, and busted his ass.

If the Bulls ran PG - Ball, SG - Lavine, SF - Derozan, PF - Turner, C - Vuc; they would be the favorites in the East. If they traded for Bagley instead, they would still be really close. The Bulls ARE for real, and you're right, AK isn't fucking around.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Fooling around on the ESPN NBA Trade Machine. This proposed trade needs to happen yesterday;

Indiana gets: Patrick Williams, Coby White, Troy Brown Jr.
Chicago gets: Myles Turner

It's almost an even swap in salary, and Indiana gets three young high ceiling players to build around. I hate to send them to a division rival, but this needs to happen.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:00 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:43 pm

True on Bagley. He would be cheap, and he's showing signs of life now that the interim coach has him back in the rotation. If all he needs is a change of scenery, the Bulls would be perfect. With veterans stars like Lavine, Derozan, and Vuc, as well as HC Billy Donovan. They would make sure he conformed to the locker room, and busted his ass.

If the Bulls ran PG - Ball, SG - Lavine, SF - Derozan, PF - Turner, C - Vuc; they would be the favorites in the East. If they traded for Bagley instead, they would still be really close. The Bulls ARE for real, and you're right, AK isn't fucking around.
The only trade the Bulls could realistically make is for a big man. They're set in the backcourt and SF.

If they're gonna do it and it has to be surgical to not detonate that core, then that trade you outlined is the only way to go. I'd hate to lose Patrick Williams, but whatever. The trick is to keep Turner after next season to retain the value of the deal.

But yeah they've got to do it. A trip to the Finals puts this team on the map for even bigger FAs.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I have a man crush on Dosunmu and DeRozan. The latter is my favorite Bull in a long while. That being said, the Bulls do need a rebounder and using White to obtain one would help the team, although they've been playing great small ball.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Coby White went off against the Hawks.

Get that trade value up!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, noting yet anyway. They need a big guy who will make peeps think twice about driving the lane. No shot blockers on the Bulls.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I think Coby was able to make himself indispensable with all of the injuries for the Bulls. He has been a solid force off of the bench, and the Bulls decided he was worth more as an insurance policy than he was as a trade chip. Still disappointed that the Bulls didn't do anything at the deadline, and I think it was subtraction by inaction, but AK has done a great job the last two years and I have to defer to him.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Supposedly he’s being shopped pre-draft.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:07 pm Supposedly he’s being shopped pre-draft.
If resigning LaVine is accurate, they should shop him. Someone's going to want an InstaPot scorer off the bench who can fill in as a secondary ballhandler.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
reggieg87
Rookie

never understood why people though he was good in college. so unorthodox knew he would not translate to the nba.