TMP Mock Draft: Meatball Edition

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Time for another mock draft. This time using PFF.

I deliberately went after a player that I myself would draft but there's no chance in hell we will take him therefore I'm labeling this The Meatball Edition.

I also didn't add the grades that PFF gave me because I'm not really sure how sensical those are given I'm drafting for what I think our needs / wants are.

Pick #39

Jaquan Brisker: Safety - Penn State

This is my hedge against Eddie Jackson or if EJax wakes up then we could have the best safety tandem in football. On Day One for us he would start opposite EJax.

Brisker is a day one starter. Great tackler. Knows how to get at the QB when he blitzes. Really good coverage ability in zone.

Trade:

#48 and #148 to Pittsburgh for #52 and #84.

Kenneth Walker III: RB - Michigan State

This is my Meatball pick. I LOVE this kid. I also like Monty. I'm not trying to shit on Monty or force him out in any way with this pick. Quite the contrary. I want Walker and Monty as a tandem. The problem with Monty, and I know the OL has plenty of blame here, is that he doesn't hit home runs. All Walker does is hit home runs. This is the kind of tandem that sets the tone for an offense and helps out an emerging QB like Fields.

The RB position is not anywhere as valued as it used to be. That's why I think at this spot in the draft if you can get a back with this guy's ability you do it.

Kellen Diesch: T - Arizona State

6'7" and 301 pounds. He needs to gain some weight, but this would be the swing tackle or the RT.

Cole Strange: G - Tennessee-Chattanooga

6'5" and 307 pounds. This guy is our center. Really good technique. Tough player. Needs to put on size which the trainer can handle. Great blocking hands.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:22 am

Kenneth Walker III: RB - Michigan State

This is my Meatball pick. I LOVE this kid. I also like Monty. I'm not trying to shit on Monty or force him out in any way with this pick.

Walker would likely be a significant upgrade and significantly cheaper in 23-25.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.