Byron Pringle Arrested for Reckless Driving

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bearfacts
MVP

RustinFields wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:32 am The inclusion of the car being a hellcat in every account is pretty funny. "Oh no that's so much car, it surely was about to careen out of control and kill a bunch of people at a farmers market!" Wish he had been caught doing donuts in a ford festiva.
Except if you asked a Ford Festiva to do donuts it would roll over and play dead.

This just isn't a big deal. People get busted for stuff like this all the time. If Pringle wasn't an NFL player we'd never even have heard about it. Driving under suspension is a much bigger deal especially if his license was suspended for previous moving violations but do we know whether or not that's the case?

I've had my license suspended multiple times due to an administrative issue not due to too many points. Each time as soon as I could show why the automatic suspension had happened the case was dismissed. So I say let he who has never "burned rubber" or "spun donuts" in his entire life cast the first Michelin..
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 pm There you go, he was basically just arguing that they shouldn’t be arresting him. His suspended license happened in February I bet he had no idea. If so this would be a total surprise to anyone, and arguing they shouldn’t be arresting him and a little back talk seems kinda normal given that circumstance. He wasn’t aggressive and didn’t resist. Can we move on now?
I mean, it's great that he wasn't really confrontational. Now hopefully he gets cleared on the reckless driving charge, and he's left with just the suspended license issue only. That would be great. But AFAIK there was never any formal charge in regards to resisting or whatever so that part of the video isn't surprising to me, either based on the facts we had.

That said, that background did look like the one photo from the TMZ story. So
1. The burnoit picture is from the scene and the cops report is embelished
2. The burnout picture is real but somehow doesn't show the full extent of the car actions (multiple donut spots?)

But hey, maybe we're closer to a real nothing burger, but the charges still lingers until it doesn't. Fingers crossed for everyone's sake.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I guess it bears mentioning that we also cut donuts on a football field once.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Cooler King wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:39 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:12 pm
He was most likely arrested because he was driving on a suspended license. He may have had a hardship license exception which I do not know if that's true or not.

He's had his license suspended before allegedly. Each time was financial related based on the article link.

Pringle is not a threat to society. He isn't a threat to anybody. If he was drunk or on drugs, that info would've gotten out already.

He went for a joyride with his son and his friend. That's all he did.

So what if it's an ongoing issue for the Bears? That's what happens when you deal with people. Professional athletes do all kinds of crazy shit. That's part of doing business. I'm sure when the phone rings for any GM in this league, they'd love to hear about a player getting arrested for what Pringle did compared to other phone calls they've gotten.

Further, we have a criminal justice system in this country that is total bullshit. You know where I'm going with this so there's no need to expound. Pringle doesn't deserve to have his reputation or livelihood permanently damaged over this.

https://www.attorney-fisher.com/blog/20 ... 0in%20jail.

https://www.wfla.com/news/pasco-county/ ... s-driving/
He was arrrested for the combination of the reckless driving and the suspended license. Possible either gets him in cuffs, though more likely the reckless driving alone could do it than just a suspended license.

At some point someone's joyride or donuts can turn into a threat to someone else's safety. Context matters to a large extent although donuts certainly exist on a narrower spectrum than say speeding does. If the report was arrested for speeding and charged with reckless driving, wouldn't that raise eye rows too? Same idea. At a certain point even something in which you don't have intent for harm can create a situation where disregard for harm is problematic. The charges are the issue, but your focused only on donuts. This isn't speculation based on a report of donuts. It's in direct result to a situation which led to an arrest and pending charges.

Regarding the suspended license. I mean, it really does make me question a guys mindset when he's making 6 figures the past 4 years and can't pay minor financial citatations. That's an issue. You don't want your guy in the news, like Poles said. If all this could have been avoided by him paying some small fines all the more reason to be frustrated as a fan that he let something so small become an issue. Take care of your biz off the field so nothing becomes a distraction. I'm sure that's the standard Poles is going to try to push.

I know this forum doesn't want political issues so I know there isn't a debate about criminal justice that probably doesn't lead to breaking board rules. Suffice to say though something can be dumb and also subject to an unjust system. Not exactly mutually exclusive.

Lastly in regards to consequences, you've mostly whipped up these severe sounding consequences. Most are frustrated at the player, rightfully, not calling for immediate release or idicting him as some general societal menace.
You continuously throw crap like this out here but then never answer any questions.

Xee didn't either.

A few posts back I made a list of minor behaviors that people do.

Have you done any of them?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

pus wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 pm Oh come on - donuts are fun, Plank, get that bunch out of yer panites! You must have lived a very sheltered life, old man.

I used to love doing donuts until I didn't get to drive my old man's car anymore because I got dropped from his insurance for too many speeding tickets. (Somehow I never got a donut ticket.)

But it wasn't too bad - friends always need a co-pilot for donuts, so I got to ride shotgun al lot and that was fun - f course it was more fun when they let me drive.

Then I got my own car and wrecked it.

But the funnest donut car I ever had was a VW beetle - snow donuts, mud donuts, gravel, sand, that little bug could do it all. The only time it got stuck my girlfriend just stood on the rear bumper and balanced against the car and it lugged right out.

Nothing more fun than snow donuts with a full moon out on a deserted rural landing strip - turn your lights off even.

When the VW got wrecked I was racing a buddy to school. He would have killed me if I would have been driving a little bit faster but I got out of it ok The lap belt did save me from being throwed out, by the way.

So I paid 250 bucks for a Honda 150 or some such used bike but it got vandalized and beat all to shit during a summer dance. Thankfully, I was able to sell it for 50 bucks to some young idiot kid who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Later on I learned that he welded it and got it running and then rode around the neighborhood with his foxy girlfriend like a smart-ass.

Then I enlisted.
Pretty much every time it snowed.

Big Brother or Dad: Hey Little Marshall you wanna hop in the car, we're going to go do some donuts on the street or in the church parking lot?

Little Marshall: Heck yeah! Can I sit on your lap while you drive? Can I turn the wheel?

No seat belt. Nothing. And the Earth kept orbiting the Sun just fine.

Pringle didn't do anything wrong. The suspended license isn't even a big deal. That dashcam video is also a Nothing Burger.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

He’s been silly.
He’ll get a ticking off, no more.
Thank goodness no-one was injured.

It’s the draft tonight, time to move on :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:43 am
It. Doesnt. Matter.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:27 am He’s been silly.

Eh Bears don't pick tonight, I'm sure we can keep it up another day lol
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:54 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:27 am He’s been silly.

Eh Bears don't pick tonight, I'm sure we can keep it up another day lol
:lol: :cop:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

thunderspirit
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:53 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:43 am
It. Doesnt. Matter.
Have I done any of them? Sure.
At 28? Nope.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

Gonna lock this for a couple days to let people disseminate to other threads.