Moderator: wab

Xee
Site Admin

UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Discuss.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

I can dig it.
UOK
Site Admin

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

It's fine. If we were taking a DB I'd rather have had Brisker. I think there are a lot of good corners that will be available later. I hope tried to trade down but couldn't make it happen
Xee
Site Admin

dave99
Assistant Coach

Scroll to about 20:45
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I think Booth is a better prospect but Gordon fits our system better.

I like it.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

I like it. Would’ve like Booth too.

I loved Forte announcing pick…..Though I want Ed “Hill Strret Booze” Marinaro announcing every pick for the rest of the draft
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Xee
Site Admin

Bearfacts
MVP

Good pick. BPA at a position of need who went right about where he was ranked. It's gonna make some people very unhappy though.

We've done well before with 2nd round DBs so here's another to look to for better coverage in 2022.
BreadNCircuses
Assistant Coach

Mr.Irrelevant wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:54 pm It's fine. If we were taking a DB I'd rather have had Brisker. I think there are a lot of good corners that will be available later. I hope tried to trade down but couldn't make it happen
Well, I guess we got both
2023 Preseason Downside prediction:
5-6 wins, never really healthy all season, a constant shuffling.
We're potentially in a position to draft in the Top 5 again, depending on the Carolina team, and probably have a low-teens (or better) pick ourselves.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

BreadNCircuses wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Mr.Irrelevant wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:54 pm It's fine. If we were taking a DB I'd rather have had Brisker. I think there are a lot of good corners that will be available later. I hope tried to trade down but couldn't make it happen
Well, I guess we got both
Yeah - that's a surprise. Makes me wish we'd traded down even more
IE
Hall of Famer

We don't know that they didn't try to trade down - but I like the 2 DBs. Flus is bringing defensive pride back to Chicago, and he needed those guys if he's going to be playing nickel as much as he says (85%!).

I think the Bears might roll the dice on Pickens if he's still there in the 3rd. It is getting pretty close to everyone who needed/wanted a WR has gotten one.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

31 inch arms and just ridiculous agility scores (6.67 3-cone and 3.96 short shuttle). Plus three productive years in the Pac 12.

I like it.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm a fan, tough-nosed kid, will come up and stick you and is solid in coverage.

Big boost to our secondary and will start across from Jaylon Johnson.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Middleguard
MVP

I have to admit that after the first round was in, this was my guy if they didn't trade down. That's actually never happened before, so I'm going to feel responsible if he's a bust.
Xee
Site Admin

@TheWorldBreaker posted this guy's analysis of Brisker and I loved his energy so here's his of Gordon:

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Scouting reports:
SI.com
Bleacher Report
The Draft Network

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21186

UOK EDIT: no bypassing paywalled content
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Poles had a lot of options on how to build the team back with the draft and guys left over in FA. His plan is coming into focus a bit more. You can almost picture the conversation Getsy, Eberflus, and poles had while sitting down and discussing their philosophy on building a team and how they ranked certain priorities.

The defense has some potential stars on it and could rise above the same of its parts. The offense will get some plug and play FAs to help evaluate Fields and they can seriously start building the whole thing next offseason.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I’m a fan. I thought he was making a case last season to be a top 15 pick.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I was immediately put off by his mirror posing and cheesy demeanor in the quick interview. Seemed like a massive doucher. But that’s utterly meaningless and if he’s a hard nosed player then that’s all that matters. Fills a big need. He and JJ make a nice young tandem.
IE
Hall of Famer

Just read the kid was a competitive dancer when he was younger, and also is a Judo enthusiast. Sort of a unique guy. Speaks to his athleticism, which is great.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Xee
Site Admin

dplank wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:01 pm I was immediately put off by his mirror posing and cheesy demeanor in the quick interview. Seemed like a massive doucher. But that’s utterly meaningless and if he’s a hard nosed player then that’s all that matters. Fills a big need. He and JJ make a nice young tandem.
I think you have to keep in mind these are guys who probably have never had a job yet and thus don't know anything about being "professional" and to be honest, I don't expect them to.

I mean, when Poles called Velus and Velus answered with, "How we doing my guy" I cringed too. I couldn't imagine being a new hire, getting a call from the CEO of the company immediately after being told I was being hired, and answering the call with that.

Then again, football is not exactly accounting and it was a very emotional moment so he was probably completely overwhelmed and just acted like he as talking to a close friend.
karhu
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:01 pm I was immediately put off by his mirror posing and cheesy demeanor in the quick interview. Seemed like a massive doucher. But that’s utterly meaningless and if he’s a hard nosed player then that’s all that matters. Fills a big need. He and JJ make a nice young tandem.
For what it's worth, his reputation around here (greater Seattle, where he grew up and played) is absolutely golden. He's definitely his own guy, but in a good way, like Prince. From Charlie Murphy's story on Chapelle's Show.

Okay, that's a stretch, but it gets at something. I think we're going to like the guy a lot.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

He will be a good corner in the league. While we all thought Poles was going offense, that doesnt take away Gordon is a quality player at a position of need.
Bearfacts
MVP

Xee wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:33 pm
I think you have to keep in mind these are guys who probably have never had a job yet and thus don't know anything about being "professional" and to be honest, I don't expect them to.

I mean, when Poles called Velus and Velus answered with, "How we doing my guy" I cringed too. I couldn't imagine being a new hire, getting a call from the CEO of the company immediately after being told I was being hired, and answering the call with that.

Then again, football is not exactly accounting and it was a very emotional moment so he was probably completely overwhelmed and just acted like he as talking to a close friend.
LOL.....and then there was Jimmy Mac who strolled out of the limo sent to pick him up with a beer in hand and five more on the back seat. He did like his "beverages". Then in the meeting with GSH who always loved to talk down rookies during a contract negotiation where after GSH told Mac all that was wrong with him Mac asked; "Then why'd you draft me old man".

How we doin' my guy seem fairly tame in comparison.
dplank
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:16 pm
For what it's worth, his reputation around here (greater Seattle, where he grew up and played) is absolutely golden. He's definitely his own guy, but in a good way, like Prince. From Charlie Murphy's story on Chapelle's Show.

Okay, that's a stretch, but it gets at something. I think we're going to like the guy a lot.
Hey thx for that tidbit - I was being unfair. Happy to hear this, he’s an important player for us as our secondary just became a strength.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If he covers receivers like he dances we're going to be just fine.