Rd 6. 186 Zachary Thomas, OL - San Diego State

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Bearfacts wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:33 pm I think we have to accept the fact that we'll be starting either more marginal vets or rookies and 2nd year guys all year long and by virtue of that Poles and Flus will know whose worth keeping and who has to be replaced next spring. In essence the entire season is kinda one big regular season try out for a whole lot of guys on 1 year deals and current vets.
Agreed. This season is about seeing what we have, who "buys in", and who fits the scheme.

With Fields, they want to see if he can run/execute this offense with the players he has been afforded. If they see on tape that bigger plays were there to be had but the receiver didn't have the talent to make it happen, they'll upgrade.

On the other hand, if he is putrid and can't produce from even the most basic of concepts, they may consider moving on from him (highly doubt it, but it can't be ruled out entirely).

I think the defense may surprise us, and secretly I hope we sign Larry Ogunjobi on a one year "prove it" deal and he hits.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"