Some day 3 background

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dave99
Assistant Coach

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ing-draft/
After three picks on the second day in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, Chicago held three more between the 5th and 6th rounds on Day 3. Just hours before the action began, Poles gathered the team scouts at Halas Hall and gave them a simple directive. Make a list of three players they had an absolute conviction for. Guys they really wanted the Bears to land before the draft was over. Poles then enacted a crazy day of maneuvering, going from three picks at the start to eight picks by the conclusion.

Chicago started with five picks in the 2022 draft when Poles took over. By the time it ended, he’d increased that number to 11. While it’s unclear how many of them will end up any good in the NFL, he was able to let his scouts go nuts for once. If they had guys they coveted, he did what he could to land them.
As far as the OL it is worth noting that Braxton Jones was the 11th rated OT on Dane Brugler’s board, ahead of Max Mitchell and just two spots below Petit-Frere.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Braxton Jones and Zachary Thomas could be huge steals when looking at them in a zone blocking scheme.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Good stuff