Rookie minicamp

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

…also, regarding OL. As mentioned our depth is scary bad, so if you subscribe to the weakest link theory then we are one injury away from disaster. Which is what happened in 2020, a couple injuries happened and we rolled out Mustipher, Hambright, and Simmons against Tennessee and watched Foles nearly die
wab
Mod

This is a weird thread.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:30 am This is a weird thread.
It's almost like a roomful of people ate a handful of shrooms each and are having conversations with their hallucinations. I feel like getting stoned just to more easily follow along.

Don't want to wish the summer away, but it will be nice for this place when Bears football is being played and the debates finally change.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Bearfacts
MVP

Hema2.0 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 am
It's almost like a roomful of people ate a handful of shrooms each and are having conversations with their hallucinations. I feel like getting stoned just to more easily follow along.

Don't want to wish the summer away, but it will be nice for this place when Bears football is being played and the debates finally change.
:thumbsup: ...... :toast:
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am Bears add rookie 3 tech DT to the roster.

Michael Greene NFL Draft Scouting Report | Defensive Tackle

Positives: Explosive, undersized defensive tackle who projects to the three-technique position. Bends his knees, plays with leverage, and fluidly moves about the field. Keeps his feet moving and his hands active. Quick when asked to twist or stunt, consistently gets leverage on opponents, and is rarely off his feet. Fires off the snap with a quick first step, shoots through gaps and plays with balance.

Negatives: First-step lineman who struggles getting off blocks and gets handled at the point. Easily out-positioned from the action.

Analysis: Greene is a hard-working lineman with excellent movement skills, but he must add bulk to his frame as well as strength to his game. He’s a practice-squad player for a team that lines up four defensive linemen.
Hmm. Fairly decent athletically, I suppose, but those 30 inch arms are likely to limit him a bunch. Nothing to write home about production-wise; his most impressive season was 2020-1 when he played DE, not DT.

I dunno. I guess they needed camp bodies. Maybe he surprises and makes me eat my words.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bearfacts
MVP

thunderspirit wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:26 pm
Bearfacts wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am Bears add rookie 3 tech DT to the roster.

Michael Greene NFL Draft Scouting Report | Defensive Tackle

Positives: Explosive, undersized defensive tackle who projects to the three-technique position. Bends his knees, plays with leverage, and fluidly moves about the field. Keeps his feet moving and his hands active. Quick when asked to twist or stunt, consistently gets leverage on opponents, and is rarely off his feet. Fires off the snap with a quick first step, shoots through gaps and plays with balance.

Negatives: First-step lineman who struggles getting off blocks and gets handled at the point. Easily out-positioned from the action.

Analysis: Greene is a hard-working lineman with excellent movement skills, but he must add bulk to his frame as well as strength to his game. He’s a practice-squad player for a team that lines up four defensive linemen.
Hmm. Fairly decent athletically, I suppose, but those 30 inch arms are likely to limit him a bunch. Nothing to write home about production-wise; his most impressive season was 2020-1 when he played DE, not DT.

I dunno. I guess they needed camp bodies. Maybe he surprises and makes me eat my words.
Most of these latter additions are little more than camp bodies coming in but if they fit the profile Poles wants he'll bring 'em in for a look. We do need at least one more 3 tech DT even now so he's it I guess. This is Poles looking for diamonds in a pile of coal.

Still wondering if there's any chance Ogunjobi might return once his foot has healed.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hema2.0 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 am
:lol:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

IE
Hall of Famer

I don't think Fields often had a bad time because of the guys on the Oline. I believe Fields had a bad time because of what Nagy taught, expected and called plays for them to execute... which resulted in a very unpleasant experience for JF1. To me that is the difference between JF1 and some guys who had more success out of the gate.... a scheme and play calling that put them in better position.

No Oline is bad on every play or good on every play. Even when the right play is called and a good line can executed perfectly most of the time... the defense still has a say & can blow things up. You know what is the worst? When the defense sort of understands what you're going to do & can blow it up more often than not. It happens in the NFL including to good Olines - and it happened more often than not under Nagy. And then combine that with un-threatening weapons on offense, and that's a recipe for "meet you at the QB".

I'm so glad that's over. I trust it's over until I see otherwise.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

IE wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:41 pm I don't think Fields often had a bad time because of the guys on the Oline. I believe Fields had a bad time because of what Nagy taught, expected and called plays for them to execute... which resulted in a very unpleasant experience for JF1. To me that is the difference between JF1 and some guys who had more success out of the gate.... a scheme and play calling that put them in better position.

No Oline is bad on every play or good on every play. Even when the right play is called and a good line can executed perfectly most of the time... the defense still has a say & can blow things up. You know what is the worst? When the defense sort of understands what you're going to do & can blow it up more often than not. It happens in the NFL including to good Olines - and it happened more often than not under Nagy. And then combine that with un-threatening weapons on offense, and that's a recipe for "meet you at the QB".

I'm so glad that's over. I trust it's over until I see otherwise.
This is what I believe too. Nagy speaks Latin when communicating with his Qb's. It seems every single one of them struggled under his tutelage. I expect Getsy to simplify things and hope he runs the ball more with play action and boots.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:53 am This is what I believe too. Nagy speaks Latin when communicating with his Qb's.
Caecilius est in horto :thumbsup:

wab
Mod

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:29 pm
Hema2.0 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:53 am This is what I believe too. Nagy speaks Latin when communicating with his Qb's.
Ah.. .a fellow Cambridge Latin course enthusiast I see.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:35 pm
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Ah.. .a fellow Cambridge Latin course enthusiast I see.
Indeed :lol: