For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

hey guys poles sux lol

cheap, bears are cheap

bears sucks

this is a good high effort post

nice draft dumbass where are the o-linemen?

.lol just joking jeez @wab
Burl
Crafty Veteran

Haha, love it.

If Fields' release was half as fast as UOK's "lock thread" trigger finger, we'd be unstoppable.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

We'll see. I'm not a GM but I don't see the logic in bringing in a bunch of WRs who total career stats equal what about a good WR catches in a year. An oline will be found during camp, hopefully it will jell and give Fields life for another year.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 pm We'll see. I'm not a GM but I don't see the logic in bringing in a bunch of WRs who total career stats equal what about a good WR catches in a year. An oline will be found during camp, hopefully it will jell and give Fields life for another year.
Well, when you find a GM that can magically increase resources (cap room, draft picks, available free agents) out of thin air while dumping all the crap from the previous GM we need to hire that guy.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 pm
Grizzled wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 pm We'll see. I'm not a GM but I don't see the logic in bringing in a bunch of WRs who total career stats equal what about a good WR catches in a year. An oline will be found during camp, hopefully it will jell and give Fields life for another year.
Well, when you find a GM that can magically increase resources (cap room, draft picks, available free agents) out of thin air while dumping all the crap from the previous GM we need to hire that guy.
I'll also point out that some (not all) of the same people lamenting the Bears waiving Jesper Horsted with the opinion that he's not gotten a chance to show what he can do are lamenting the fact that the Bears signed a bunch of receivers who have (with some exception) not gotten a chance to show what they can do. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:34 pm hey guys poles sux lol

cheap, bears are cheap

bears sucks

.lol just joking jeez @wab
Now do you see what happens when there isn't a Minshew thread to rally around or no Mitch to yell about?
dplank
Hall of Famer

You're finally getting it UOK, must be a blast at parties
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Burl wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:47 pm Haha, love it.

If Fields' release was half as fast as UOK's "lock thread" trigger finger, we'd be unstoppable.
I honestly have debated in testing his reaction time quoting this comment. It would be hilarious to have him lock his own thread he created, making fun of other threads.
docc
Head Coach

So...can Minshew play TE..
Heinz D.
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 pm We'll see. I'm not a GM but I don't see the logic in bringing in a bunch of WRs who total career stats equal what about a good WR catches in a year.
Sounds like you think Mooney is garbage. Pretty clear you feel Pringle is the same.

Seems like you're exactly the type of poster @UOK was targeting with this thread.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:46 pm
southdakbearfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 pm

I'll also point out that some (not all) of the same people lamenting the Bears waiving Jesper Horsted with the opinion that he's not gotten a chance to show what he can do are lamenting the fact that the Bears signed a bunch of receivers who have (with some exception) not gotten a chance to show what they can do. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
That's a fair point but, you know, I don't think these guys are going to be relied on to be the main men in the WR room.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Heinz D. wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:24 pm
Grizzled wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 pm We'll see. I'm not a GM but I don't see the logic in bringing in a bunch of WRs who total career stats equal what about a good WR catches in a year.
Sounds like you think Mooney is garbage. Pretty clear you feel Pringle is the same.

Seems like you're exactly the type of poster @UOK was targeting with this thread.
Been very interested in Mooney's career. Many good WRs have been drafted at rounds other than #1 and Mooney is doing his darnest to enter this conversation. I'm very pleased with his advancing skills. Is he a true #1? I don't know but any guy putting up over 1000 yards per year receiving is welcome on the Bears. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Getsy moves him around and uses him. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Pringle can do. He was underutilized at KC, seems to have talent, he could have a very good year. I wanted the Bears to look at bringing in Landry in the slot but he's still demanding an exorbitant salary and is older than Pringle. It was a smart move. I'm not on board with bringing in OL who have doubled as turnstyles and WRs who, in careers spanning several years, have really not contributed anything appreciable to their teams. Except that the Bears do need camp bodies.
dplank
Hall of Famer

What I find disappointing is that some of us can have negative takes or poke fun at some of these moves, and to some people it’s such heresy that we are vilified as ridiculous haters who, by proxy, hate everything. There’s some weird ass purity test around here - Twitter also. People really just need to lighten up, it’s the depths of off season boredom. News flash, all these things can be true at once:

I like Poles
I don’t like every move he’s made
I understand the rebuild direction he’s taking and agree with it generally
I can poke fun at low end roster moves but not actually give a damn about them because I understand they are depth pieces and many won’t even make the team
I can rip on a move without being hysterical or actually caring about it AT ALL - because off season

Do you all realize how stale this place would be if everyone posted exactly like you want them to?
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 am What I find disappointing is that some of us can have negative takes or poke fun at some of these moves, and to some people it’s such heresy that we are vilified as ridiculous haters who, by proxy, hate everything. There’s some weird ass purity test around here - Twitter also. People really just need to lighten up, it’s the depths of off season boredom. News flash, all these things can be true at once:

I like Poles
I can poke fun at low end roster moves but not actually give a damn about them because I understand they are depth pieces and many won’t even make the team
I can rip on a move without being hysterical or actually caring about it AT ALL - because off season

Do you all realize how stale this place would be if everyone posted exactly like you want them to?
Your posts don't come across at all how you think they do. Especially when earlier in the off-season or during previous seasons you were losing your mind over things. We can't tell what are jokes or what is you legitimately losing your mind.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 am What I find disappointing is that some of us can have negative takes or poke fun at some of these moves, and to some people it’s such heresy that we are vilified as ridiculous haters who, by proxy, hate everything. There’s some weird ass purity test around here - Twitter also. People really just need to lighten up, it’s the depths of off season boredom. News flash, all these things can be true at once:

I like Poles

Good way of putting it. Poles was given very limited draft capitol and a tight cap (which he's been working on nicely) and is using this year to assess existing talent and an entirely new coaching staff. He has a QB who wasn't used correctly in his first year and it's critical to know if he's going to be a good to great player. He needs to decide on offering new contracts to Roquan and Monty. Lots of pieces on the chessboard, all fans are not going to like all of his moves but he's moving in the right direction.
G08
Hall of Famer

What the fuck did I miss, lordy :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

dplank
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:58 am

I like Poles

Your posts don't come across at all how you think they do. Especially when earlier in the off-season or during previous seasons you were losing your mind over things. We can't tell what are jokes or what is you legitimately losing your mind.
Well, here's a simple method you can use to tell: I'm never losing my mind unless there's a live game going on, that's it. You can apply that rule every single time on every single post. You all take any negativity, or any protracted back and forth disagreement with another member, as "losing ones mind" and you are completely wrong. I'm not sitting here typing away angrily about the Bears - EVER. I have takes, some good some bad, about one of my favorite hobbies, but that's all it is to me is a hobby that frankly I spend way too much time on. But I'm never upset per se. The only time I admit I lose my temper is when it gets personal - personal attacks/insults/lies start to fly around - and that has nothing to do with the Bears and everything to do with whoever it is that I'm talking with at the time.

This is what you guys don't really seem to understand. I can have a 4 page long argument with CoolerKing or Yogi or whoever, and even if we aren't agreeing I find the discussion itself interesting. But for whatever reason you see the long winded back and forth as somehow being angry or whatever. This is literally a discussion board, so I find that read on things very odd. If you go back through and look (I don't expect you to, but you can just trust me here), the only time things get heated are when insults / trolls start flying around. I've had a 4 page argument with CoolerKing without a single heated word being exchanged. I've had the same with many others here. I admit Rich's style in particular grates on me obviously, so I try to avoid it (although he's been really great lately so don't mean to beat a dead horse, and he's super smart so I do actually learn from his takes).

Just my opinion, but people have really lost their ability to have earnest debate anymore - instead of being viewed positively as an exchange of ideas and a learning opportunity, people instead think that the debaters are "hyper" or "angry" or "hysterical". It's just not like that at all. I hope this clarifies for you.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:29 pm

I honestly have debated in testing his reaction time quoting this comment. It would be hilarious to have him lock his own thread he created, making fun of other threads.
I'll lock every thread EXCEPT this one lol
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:14 am

I'll lock every thread EXCEPT this one lol
That sounds like a challenge...
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That is SO tempting.

Should we all just start yelling at each other in here??

I’ll start. I think the new Star Wars trilogy is the worst cinematic event in history.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Who would argue with that?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:41 am Who would argue with that?
What about we all start posting pics of our favorite hot chicks?
Z Bear
MVP

Like this?

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 am
Yogi da Bear wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:41 am Who would argue with that?
What about we all start posting pics of our favorite hot chicks?
As long as Wanne isn't here. He's not here is he? :o
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:34 am

That is SO tempting.

Should we all just start yelling at each other in here??

I’ll start. I think the new Star Wars trilogy is the worst cinematic event in history.
Hardly debateable but maybe, possibly, it actually has fans?
dplank
Hall of Famer

I hate all Marvel movies other than the first Iron Man.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:00 pm I hate all Marvel movies other than the first Iron Man.
Really even The Avengers ones including Infinity War and End Game?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am Like this?

Let’s dance….

TheWorldBreaker
MVP

UOK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:34 pm hey guys poles sux lol

cheap, bears are cheap

bears sucks

.lol just joking jeez
Did you know Ryan Poles likes to shop at the dollar store?

Did you guys hear? I said: Ryan Poles likes to shop at the dollar store!

Man, I kill me that’s such a good joke I need to make a thread about it just in case anyone missed my hilarious comment that Ryan Poles shops at the dollar store.
dplank
Hall of Famer

👆👆

Case in point Hurricane. Who is the angry, spiteful one personally attacking others here?

Folks are so thin skinned they lose their shit at the slightest things.