Broncos Sold to Walton Family

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Denver Broncos have passed from the 40 year ownership of the Bowlen family to join the Walmart family. The team and the Walton-Penner family have reached an agreement for the team to be sold for a record $4.65 Billion dollars, a record amount for a U.S. sports team:

Most of us are familiar with the websites featuring "weird" people shopping at Walmart. Will we now be treated to sites with "weird" Broncos fans also:

https://tooathletic.com/20-laugh-out-lo ... cos-memes/
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Xee
Site Admin

Did anyone tell them the players are in a union?

j/k, low-hanging fruit.

Seriously though, I imagine this makes them the wealthiest owners of a team so it'll be interesting to see what those deep pockets can do. I just looked up Rob Walton though and he's 77; might want to lock down the line of succession.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm Did anyone tell them the players are in a union?

j/k, low-hanging fruit.

Seriously though, I imagine this makes them the wealthiest owners of a team so it'll be interesting to see what those deep pockets can do. I just looked up Rob Walton though and he's 77; might want to lock down the line of succession.
Low hanging fruit but I'm a lowbrow guy.

Walton by far becomes the wealthiest NFL owner. His daughter and son-in-law are also part of the ownership group, I imagine they'll assume most of the power.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
docc
Head Coach

....Image
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm Did anyone tell them the players are in a union?

j/k, low-hanging fruit.

I think it also means that of the 5 potential registers at the concession counter only 1 will be open during game time and then there'll be one more self checkout kiosk that doesn't work half the time.

Going forward, if you're hungry at a Broncos game I would suggest arriving 2 hours early and getting in line before the game starts and then load up.

And yeah they'll be the richest ownership group by a long mile, but in this case I don't see it as a good thing. Now if Elon or Bezos bought a team, then hell yeah. That's who I'm hoping buys the Bears if / when they go up for sale as part of the Arlington Heights move.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

It. Is. Good. That. Fewer. And. Fewer. Own. Everything.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:18 am It. Is. Good. That. Fewer. And. Fewer. Own. Everything.