Quality.
:thumbsup:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
docc
Head Coach

Yeah his old boyfriend has pictures of Erin "loving" himself.. Soon on U Tubes ?
Heinz D.
MVP

thunderspirit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:33 pm
RustinFields wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:14 pm
Quality.
:thumbsup:
I saw that nonsense, too. Rodgers just gets nuttier and nuttier. DMT is a SUPER heavy drug.

And, the league does nothing about this? All that talk doesn't violate the Code of Conduct in any way?
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

This new age hallucinogen therapy is interesting but I think vastly over stated. I'm not discouraging the benefits anecdotal or even the scientific studies. When you listen to the constant podcasts about it I get the feeling the benefits are being a touch over sold.
dplank
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:14 am This new age hallucinogen therapy is interesting but I think vastly over stated. I'm not discouraging the benefits anecdotal or even the scientific studies. When you listen to the constant podcasts about it I get the feeling the benefits are being a touch over sold.
No doubt true. But pales in comparison to the all out government backed smear campaign that has set the negativity around it all to begin with. Fascinating stuff if you’re into history, started with Nixon as a reaction to a generation that didn’t want to fight and die in meaningless wars anymore. Drugs were vilified and a lot of what had been legal forever suddenly became so illegal we started a new war at home instead.

My whole thing, as it usually is, is about fairness. You can’t ruin Josh Gordon’s career and completely ignore this IMO. I’m not saying Rodgers should be banned or anything crazy, but some punishment should be levied per the standard applied to all players. I suggest a two week suspension 😬😬
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Ayahuasca is banned as a Class I drug in the U.S. but legal in Peru, where Erin partook. Goodell still could suspend him under personal conduct rules. It's possible, though, that Erin might claim he used it for religous reasons, as wacky as that sounds.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:00 am Ayahuasca is banned as a Class I drug in the U.S. but legal in Peru, where Erin partook. Goodell still could suspend him under personal conduct rules. It's possible, though, that Erin might claim he used it for religous reasons, as wacky as that sounds.
Does where he took it matter in relation to the NFL's list of banned substances? I don't think it does. Can a player claim a religious exemption for Steroids?

I know nothing will happen here, because Packers. But every player who has been suspended for a banned substance should be furious about it IMO.
wab
Mod

dplank wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:19 am
Grizzled wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:00 am Ayahuasca is banned as a Class I drug in the U.S. but legal in Peru, where Erin partook. Goodell still could suspend him under personal conduct rules. It's possible, though, that Erin might claim he used it for religous reasons, as wacky as that sounds.
Does where he took it matter in relation to the NFL's list of banned substances? I don't think it does. Can a player claim a religious exemption for Steroids?

I know nothing will happen here, because Packers. But every player who has been suspended for a banned substance should be furious about it IMO.
Yeah, I don't think it matters. Weed is legal in IL but it's still prohibited by the NFL.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Yeah, if the NFL is holding all players to the same standards, Aaron should have been pissing in a cup for a "random" test 5 minutes after these comments went live.
UOK
Site Admin

Consistently throwing NFL touchdowns essentially makes you above the law.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

It's that stupid celebrity mentality by Erin. Who besides the few fans of GB really gives a rat's ass what he does personally. If he had just kept his mouth shut, this wouldn't be a potential issue.
Last edited by Grizzled on Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 am Consistently throwing NFL touchdowns essentially makes you above the law.
On and off the field
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:37 am
mmmc_35 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:14 am This new age hallucinogen therapy is interesting but I think vastly over stated. I'm not discouraging the benefits anecdotal or even the scientific studies. When you listen to the constant podcasts about it I get the feeling the benefits are being a touch over sold.
No doubt true. But pales in comparison to the all out government backed smear campaign that has set the negativity around it all to begin with. Fascinating stuff if you’re into history, started with Nixon as a reaction to a generation that didn’t want to fight and die in meaningless wars anymore. Drugs were vilified and a lot of what had been legal forever suddenly became so illegal we started a new war at home instead.

My whole thing, as it usually is, is about fairness. You can’t ruin Josh Gordon’s career and completely ignore this IMO. I’m not saying Rodgers should be banned or anything crazy, but some punishment should be levied per the standard applied to all players. I suggest a two week suspension 😬😬
I personally think all drugs should be legal, and all crimes with victims or a behavior that could result a victim (ie impaired driving) should be harsher.

The Josh Gordon thing was preposterous, by both the NFL and Gordon. I dont know without a positive test, for a substance they likely dont test for, and is out of your system quickly, how much they could do. Admission certainly could be enough, but I bet he would retract statements in an investigation.
dplank
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:53 am
dplank wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:37 am

I personally think all drugs should be legal, and all crimes with victims or a behavior that could result a victim (ie impaired driving) should be harsher.
1000% agree.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

They propped him up with the phony calls for all these years and now he's feeding the league a big shit salad to top off his career.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Not arguing, I think it’s a difficult discussion.

But what’s your stance on underage alcohol use?
Legal? Ban it?
Same for “drugs”?

There has to be some attempt at safeguarding minors from harmful toxins.
Whether you like toxins or not as an adult, they are ultimately harmful to health.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dplank
Hall of Famer

18 for everything - assumption for all this is adults, not children. But at this point we are probably flying too close to non football talk, so back to Rodgers - fuck him
Heinz D.
MVP

I suppose psychologists, and those in that field, have to research everything, but I sincerely doubt there will ever be a therapeutic use for DMT approved by anybody.
Rodgers should be immediately suspended for a violation of the personal conduct rules. And it should be for a substantial period of time.

This is not me railing against Rodgers and his drug use, by the way. This is about applying discipline and penalties in a reasonable (by league guidelines) and consistent way. Aaron Rodgers should miss like four games because of this.

But he won't, because he's Aaron Rodgers.
wab wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 am Yeah, I don't think it matters. Weed is legal in IL but it's still prohibited by the NFL.
The last CBA kept weed in, as a prohibited substance? Wow. I thought that was one of the big bugaboos?
dplank wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:41 pm 18 for everything - assumption for all this is adults, not children. But at this point we are probably flying too close to non football talk, so back to Rodgers - fuck him
I will "like" every post that says, "fuck Aaron Rodgers"--until the end of time. :D
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Not arguing, I think it’s a difficult discussion.

But what’s your stance on underage alcohol use?
Legal? Ban it?
Same for “drugs”?

There has to be some attempt at safeguarding minors from harmful toxins.
Whether you like toxins or not as an adult, they are ultimately harmful to health.
personally I dont like alcohol at 21 I think it should be 18. Unless we change adulthood to 21 which I'm not opposed to. That actually saddens me that I think that's become reasonable. I think unless accompanied by a parent all "toxins" should be prohibited by minors.

The question of regulating morality is an interesting one. I'd like Erin's take on this.
dplank
Hall of Famer

The league just said there will be no discipline because that drug wouldn’t have triggered a negative test result. Huh? No surprise.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

I think Blu has Aaron pegged.....as her kind of guy!
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Soulmates?
docc
Head Coach

Erin has a soul ?
UOK
Site Admin

Drop the legal aspect of the discussion please. This is not the site for that.
karhu
Head Coach

I really want to hate Rodgers for this. But I have some experience, also in the Andes, with a psychoactive similar to the active ingredients in ayahuasca. Circumstances were different--I hadn't gone in search of it, for one thing, and had to learn what it was on the fly--but it was life-changing. Rodgers makes it sound like the Peak Hipster adventure it almost certainly was, but if my experience counts for anything here, it's got some serious value, too.

All of which is to say that I wish I had some right now.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

karhu wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:41 am I really want to hate Rodgers for this. But I have some experience, also in the Andes, with a psychoactive similar to the active ingredients in ayahuasca. Circumstances were different--I hadn't gone in search of it, for one thing, and had to learn what it was on the fly--but it was life-changing. Rodgers makes it sound like the Peak Hipster adventure it almost certainly was, but if my experience counts for anything here, it's got some serious value, too.

All of which is to say that I wish I had some right now.
I wonder if it would go well with the blue chick..
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

:(

Blu is history

And no pics yet, either

https://www.aol.com/lifestyle/aaron-rod ... 53070.html
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.