A Pre-Camp OL Poll

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pick Our Most Likely OL Starting Lineup

LT Braxton Jones, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG Teven Jenkins, RT Larry Borom
54%
LT Braxton Jones, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG (veteran FA), RT Larry Borom
8%
LT Larry Borom, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG Sam Mustipher, RT Teven Jenkins
13%
LT Braxton Jones, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG Sam Mustipher, RT Larry Borom
13%
LT Larry Borom, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG (veteran FA), RT Teven Jenkins
13%
LT Braxton Jones, LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG Dakota Dozier, RT Larry Borom
No votes
LT (veteran FA), LG Cody Whitehair, C Lucas Patrick, RG Sam Mustipher, RT Larry Borom
No votes
LT Larry Borom, LG Cody Whitehair, C (veteran FA), RG Lucas Patrick, RT Teven Jenkins
No votes

Total votes: 24
spudbear
MVP

I picked #3 as that comes close to what I predict, with one big surprise. I can see Jones getting some PT and taking over a starting job, but for now it would be good for him to get more reps in practice and work on his pro skills.

My surprise prediction - Dieter Eiselen will be the starting RG for the Bears to open the season. If the coaches are keeping the competition open then this is the time for Dieter to shine. Just remember this prediction when all you girly-men have forgotten about him.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I love me some Eiselen. Have to repost this in support:

His biggest critique coming out was his lack of athleticism. Although I couldn't find anything on his measurables, he sure doesn't seem "unathletic" in those clips, and you'd think that him being a former rugby player would also debunk that take. Most of those guys are pretty fucking athletic.

I would love to see Eiselen's type of attitude on Sundays for the Bears.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:07 pm I love me some Eiselen. Have to repost this in support:

His biggest critique coming out was his lack of athleticism. Although I couldn't find anything on his measurables, he sure doesn't seem "unathletic" in those clips, and you'd think that him being a former rugby player would also debunk that take. Most of those guys are pretty fucking athletic.

I would love to see Eiselen's type of attitude on Sundays for the Bears.
Measurables for the 2020 draft class were often hard to come by, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot of schools simply cancelled their pro day, and subsequently a lot of players didn't have a chance to test.

Coming out of any FCS school, strength deficiency is almost always the primary concern. You have to think if the new staff didn't think he was athletic enough he'd already have been cut.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
IE
Hall of Famer

My prediction:

Starters:

Jones
Whitehair
Patrick
Thomas
Borom

Backups:

Davenport
Eislen
Kramer
Carter
Jenkins

Yeah - I think they're going to start two rookies, two seasoned vets & Borom. And run with a very young backup group. Because I believe THEY believe in their own abilities to build them up as a unit and put them in a position to succeed.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:03 am My prediction:

Starters:

Jones
Whitehair
Patrick
Thomas
Borom

Backups:

Davenport
Eislen
Kramer
Carter
Jenkins

Yeah - I think they're going to start two rookies, two seasoned vets & Borom. And run with a very young backup group. Because I believe THEY believe in their own abilities to build them up as a unit and put them in a position to succeed.
I'd be ok with this. Borom and Jenkins are pretty interchangeable to me though (assuming Jenkins has his act together).
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bearfacts wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:46 am
Mikefive wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:37 am I think the best way to have done this poll would've been to list options at each position except Whitehair at LG and let you pick multiple answers.

This is some wild guessing here. Jones could immediately start struggling once pads come on. And Jenkins could start asserting himself. RG is a real mystery, but if Jenkins is a backup OT, they'd have to try him there, you'd think. And I think we'd all like to see the other rooks tried out there as well, since Mustipher's weakest point is his athletic ability and we have multiple former college OTs sitting as backups. Borom seems like a lock to start at one of the OT spots. And if there was ever a team who could pick up a late cut OL guy, it would be this one.

Bottom line... There's just no tellin'.
I just copped those choices from a column by a Bears best writer. If someone would prefer to do their own "fill in the blanks" that won't bother me. Go for it. I thought this one covered at least the most likely options.
It's typically harder to create a good topic than it is to second guess it later. My criticism is just $0.02.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.