Tony Siragusa - The Goose - has passed away

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

This one hurts. I've met him dozens of times over the years, had dinner with him twice - he even came over to a cookout at my brothers house once for crabs and beer. Goddamnit. Couldn't be a nicer dude, funny as hell, just a great person.
Stormtrooper
Practice Squad

Hate to read this, always seemed like such a genuine dude. RIP.
If my cat pisses on me one more damn time...
dplank
Hall of Famer

I have to share a story here...gutted by this.

It was the Super Bowl in Tampa the year the Ravens beat the Giants. I got to go under the auspice of helping my brother setup a traveling network in their hotel. We're staying in the hotel with the staff and players and after the game there's an after party for players families in this big tent setup in the courtyard area of the hotel. I was hammered. I went up to my room to check in with the wife, and on my way back down to the party the elevator stops and in walks an absolutely shitfaced Goose. I was the only guy in the elevator. He looks at me, then gets a smirk, and looks over at the writing on the elevator where it says Max Capacity / Max Weight. He elbows me, points at the sign and says, Hey Man, think we're gonna die? There's no way those fuckers built this thing for guys like us. At the time, I was 6'5 and maybe 340. He was...well...larger lol - not taller but bigger. So we were pushing 700 pounds with just us. So down we go and he's sort of chuckling to himself about his joke, and the elevator stops again and a small group of people are going to step in and he stands in the doorway and says to them "No way, this thing can't handle any more weight, we're all gonna die! And starts laughing hysterically. The family chooses not to get on the elevator lol. We get to the bottom and he's like, Hey your Nicks brother right (Nick is my brother lol) - you must be, couple ugly mother fuckers look just like each other. I'm buying shots lets go." Later in the evening, some fans are allowed through and ask him to sign a football. He signs it for them and hands it to me with the pen to sign lmao. So my signature is out there somewhere on some Ravens fans collectable football.

It was a night I'll never forget. RIP big man
otis
Pro Bowler

Good story plank. That sucks about goose. I enjoyed his sideline broadcasts probably the most of all.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

That's a great story, man.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm I have to share a story here...gutted by this.

It was the Super Bowl in Tampa the year the Ravens beat the Giants. I got to go under the auspice of helping my brother setup a traveling network in their hotel. We're staying in the hotel with the staff and players and after the game there's an after party for players families in this big tent setup in the courtyard area of the hotel. I was hammered. I went up to my room to check in with the wife, and on my way back down to the party the elevator stops and in walks an absolutely shitfaced Goose. I was the only guy in the elevator. He looks at me, then gets a smirk, and looks over at the writing on the elevator where it says Max Capacity / Max Weight. He elbows me, points at the sign and says, Hey Man, think we're gonna die? There's no way those fuckers built this thing for guys like us. At the time, I was 6'5 and maybe 340. He was...well...larger lol - not taller but bigger. So we were pushing 700 pounds with just us. So down we go and he's sort of chuckling to himself about his joke, and the elevator stops again and a small group of people are going to step in and he stands in the doorway and says to them "No way, this thing can't handle any more weight, we're all gonna die! And starts laughing hysterically. The family chooses not to get on the elevator lol. We get to the bottom and he's like, Hey your Nicks brother right (Nick is my brother lol) - you must be, couple ugly mother fuckers look just like each other. I'm buying shots lets go." Later in the evening, some fans are allowed through and ask him to sign a football. He signs it for them and hands it to me with the pen to sign lmao. So my signature is out there somewhere on some Ravens fans collectable football.

It was a night I'll never forget. RIP big man
Great story, DP, much better than any platitudes from me (who obviously never met him) over what a great personality he was. Now, though, I have a goal, track down and buy that Ravens World Championship football with your sig on it.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I always appreciated Goose for his willingness to do the dirty DL work and let others shine in the spotlight.
He was also a great fit for the sideline reporter gig he had.
RIP Goose!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
G08
Hall of Famer

Great story, @dplank!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
docc
Head Coach

RIP Goose.. Met him once at Airport he was approachable and talked with me for awhile.. Seemed like a "real" person..

Sorry to see the big man gone