Riley Reiff Signed

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Blasingame and Juszczyk are roughly the same size/speed. Barely being 200lbs, I can't see Ebner filling that role. Plus I think he and VJJ were drafted to be Debo type guys.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 pm Blasingame and Juszczyk are roughly the same size/speed. Barely being 200lbs, I can't see Ebner filling that role. Plus I think he and VJJ were drafted to be Debo type guys.
I would watch 49'ers games just to see what Kittle and Juszczyk were going to do. For a FB, he's electric with the ball in his hands.
IE
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 pm Blasingame and Juszczyk are roughly the same size/speed. Barely being 200lbs, I can't see Ebner filling that role. Plus I think he and VJJ were drafted to be Debo type guys.
For some reason I was thinking Ebner was a bit bigger. Yeah - you're right he isn't quite big enough for that role and couldn't line up as an in line TE. But there won't be a lot of classice FB lead blocking, and with JF1 probably a lot more shotgun. As the other guy in a two back set in shotgun I wonder how he can block, and whether he is an option there vs Blas. Not that I have anything against Blas but I think Ebner could be a bigger receiving threat out of the backfield.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!