N’Keal Harry has surgery - out 8 weeks

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ll-be-out/

Says they have to waive him and if he clears waivers then resign him and move him to IR. I think that’s the dumbest rule the NFL has. If a guy is hurt in camp the team should be able to move him over to IR without jumping through all those hoops.

But I think if they want to keep him they won’t waive him and then sign him back. They will just keep him. If they waive him and then try to sign him back, they would still have to waive someone to free up a spot for him and after he is moved to IR sign back the guy they waived to clear a spot.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Looking to the timeline if it’s eight weeks he would miss the first 4 and be back in time for the Minnesota game (assuming 8 weeks is when he could play not just start back to practice).
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Ugh! I really wanted to see what this guy could do with a chip on his shoulder. I hope he comes back strong and ready to play in week 5.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 am https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ll-be-out/

Says they have to waive him and if he clears waivers then resign him and move him to IR. I think that’s the dumbest rule the NFL has. If a guy is hurt in camp the team should be able to move him over to IR without jumping through all those hoops.

But I think if they want to keep him they won’t waive him and then sign him back. They will just keep him. If they waive him and then try to sign him back, they would still have to waive someone to free up a spot for him and after he is moved to IR sign back the guy they waived to clear a spot.
I think thats to help protect against trying to hide guys on IR
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

RichH55 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:25 am
Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 am https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ll-be-out/

I think thats to help protect against trying to hide guys on IR
I get 5hats the point just think it’s a poor solution. I’d be fine if a guy had to fail a physical from an “NFL doctor” or something. Just seems like taking a sledgehammer to a flea
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:03 am
For those like me who hadn't heard of 'tightrope' surgery before it apparently involves implanting an artificial ligament-type structure that allows his ligaments to heal.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Bummer!

Get well Soon N’Keal :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Shadow
Assistant Coach

Sorry to hear this. I was and am looking forward to see what he could bring to the WR room.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

He's also suffering from Pringle and Velvet's injuries.

If they're both full go for Opening Day, Neal seems probable to also make the roster and be transferred to IR.
But if those guys are still unavailable, Bears are likely to need roster spots for some WRs and have to try injury waiving him.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Jones was back at practice today.