2022 MOTM League - Parallel Money League!

For you fantasy football weirdos and degenerate gamblers

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

Hey all,

As a reminder (and please pass this on to whoever may be in the league but not on BFO, or too often):

I am running a parallel "money league" to the long-running league. It is optional and won't impact the league at all. It is small dollar but it WILL add another dimension to have fun, brag/bust chops - and also to win!

Key points:
- Entry fee is ONLY $25 for the season
- Entry fees must be submitted prior to kickoff of the first game of the season
- Since the money league is optional & extra, it will only pertain to the people who enter. So it is conceivable or even likely that the winner of the regular league and the money league could be two different people.
- I'll hold the funds until the playoffs are over, and then pay out as soon as the league winner is determined.

Payout:
- First place will go to the person who makes the playoffs and goes the farthest of the pool of people in the money league... the highest of first, second or third place in the regular league. IF nobody in the money league even makes the playoff top 3 finishes then the winner will be the person who is highest on the "final standings" list after the season
- IF we get 7 players or more, I'll modify the winnings to be: $100 or more (add $25 for each incremental entrant) for 1st place, a 2nd place finish prize of $50 and then the $25 entry fee going back to the 3rd place entrant
- For 6 or fewer players, we'll only have two winners. All the entry fees will go to the winner, less the entry fee of $25 to the 2nd place finisher.
- If we don't get at least 3 players, I'll refund fees and we'll call it a day.

To Pay:
- Send $25 to my Venmo ( @Eric-JKasza ) or my personal email via Chase Pay ( ejkasza@gmail.com ) or Paypal ( Eric Kasza )
- By kickoff of the first game of the season ( 8:20 EST for the Bills/Rams on 9/8).

I'll keep a running list of joiners and pay dates here so everyone can keep track. Paid & In:
- Me (Eric) 8-18-22
- Pigskin Playas (dabearsfan) 8-18-22
- Eskimo Bros (BearsFanInMN) 8-18-22
- Palm Beach Planks (Plank) 8-19-22
- Justice 4 All (Ark Bear) 9-8-22

Any questions or suggestions, please comment.
Last edited by IE on Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

IE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:05 pm Hey all,

As a reminder (and please pass this on to whoever may be in the league but not on BFO, or too often):

I am running a parallel "money league" to the long-running league. It is optional and won't impact the league at all. It is small dollar but it WILL add another dimension to have fun, brag/bust chops - and also to win!

Key points:
- Since the money league is optional & extra, it will only pertain to the people who enter. So it is conceivable or even likely that the winner of the regular league and the money league could be two different people.
- I'll hold the funds until the playoffs are over, and then pay out as soon as the league winner is determined.

Payout:
- First place will go to the person who makes the playoffs and goes the farthest of the pool of people in the money league... the highest of first, second or third place in the regular league. IF nobody in the money league even makes the playoff top 3 finishes then the winner will be the person who is highest on the "final standings" list after the season
- IF we get 7 players or more, I'll modify the winnings to be: $100 or more (add $25 for each incremental entrant) for 1st place, a 2nd place finish prize of $50 and then the $25 entry fee going back to the 3rd place entrant
- For 6 or fewer players, we'll only have two winners. All the entry fees will go to the winner, less the entry fee of $25 to the 2nd place finisher.

To Pay:
- Send $25 to my Venmo ( @Eric-JKasza ) or my personal email via Chase Pay ( ejkasza@gmail.com ) or Paypal ( Eric Kasza )
- By kickoff of the first game of the season ( 8:20 EST for the Bills/Rams on 9/8).

I'll keep a running list of joiners and pay dates here so everyone can keep track:
- Me (Eric) 8-18-22

So when you say highest on the "final standings" are you talking regular season? I know this assumes no one or at least not more than 3 make the playoffs, but there's the consolation rounds that I don't think any non-playoff team pays attention to. Does that factor into the "final standings"? Asking as guy who finished regular season worse than you but beat you in consolation rounds.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
IE
Hall of Famer

BearsFanInMN wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 pm

Key points:

Payout:

To Pay:

I'll keep a running list of joiners and pay dates here so everyone can keep track:
- Me (Eric) 8-18-22

So when you say highest on the "final standings" are you talking regular season? I know this assumes no one or at least not more than 3 make the playoffs, but there's the consolation rounds that I don't think any non-playoff team pays attention to. Does that factor into the "final standings"? Asking as guy who finished regular season worse than you but beat you in consolation rounds.
I think after the top 3 "trophy" positions we just go by the final standings list right next to it on the home page.
dabearsfan
Practice Squad

Sent a venmo, thanks for running this
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

IE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm I think after the top 3 "trophy" positions we just go by the final standings list right next to it on the home page.
Cool. Potentially some skin in the game for the consolation bracket. I like it.
Umbali
MVP

quick question:

for the most part the people who have expressed that are clearly in rebuilding mode, most likely put money on this would they?
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Cutler08
Rookie

I’d be interested in joining.
IE
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:01 pm quick question:

for the most part the people who have expressed that are clearly in rebuilding mode, most likely put money on this would they?
Things happen. Injuries happen and players come out of nowhere and start dominating. Hope is always there.

Plus it's only $25 so it's a super cheap way to care just a little more. No big deal either way.
IE
Hall of Famer

Cutler08 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:23 pm I’d be interested in joining.
Chip in the tiny entry fee & we're good to go!
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Sent
IE
Hall of Famer

Awesome - we have at least a small league! We have 3 paid and two more who have said they're in. If we could get 2-3 more It would be great to have 3 winners in the money league. Of course more is better! It isn't big bucks - but will add some fun!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Venmo is asking for the last 4 of your phone #
IE
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:33 am Venmo is asking for the last 4 of your phone #
I think you have the option to skip that prompt but to confirm it is me, it is 6217
dplank
Hall of Famer

Weird I just went to send and it didn’t ask me this time. You should have it now
Cutler08
Rookie

IE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 pm
Cutler08 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:23 pm I’d be interested in joining.
Cool, I’m in. I’ll chip in maybe tomorrow. I’m in though.
IE
Hall of Famer

Cutler08 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm

FYI - it is last call for the money league. Needs to be in by kickoff tomorrow night!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Just saw this. If it’s not late I’ll send you the money this morning.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Fine here IE I say let the judge in!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:15 pm Fine here IE I say let the judge in!
I’m sending the money and you if I get voted down (which I likely will since you are ALL scared of what my team will be bringing) you can just send it back.
IE
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:29 pm
dplank wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:15 pm Fine here IE I say let the judge in!
I’m sending the money and you if I get voted down (which I likely will since you are ALL scared of what my team will be bringing) you can just send it back.
Its fine I think you don't even have any Rams or Bills.

Actually anyone else who wants to join before 1 PM tomorrow we'll allow it. Nobody is going to join or not because of Allen or Kupp or whoever.
IE
Hall of Famer

Cutler08 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Cutler you didn't get the money in but we'll still give you until tomorrow at 1:00 PM.
IE
Hall of Famer

Key points:

Payout:

To Pay:

I'll keep a running list of joiners and pay dates here so everyone can keep track. Paid & In:
- Me (Eric) 8-18-22

OK folks, so the money league winner has been decided, with Pigskin Playas catching me at my most vulnerable point of the season (grr) in the semifinals. By virtue of his ascension into the finals, dabearsfan is the "money league winner" for 2022!

Congrats! I'll be sending the $100 winning prize to you via the same channel you sent to me (either venmo or paypal - can't remember).

Playing a team out of the money league for 3rd (or 4th place) means my team at least pulled out the runner-up prize of "getting your money back".

I plan to run the same parallel league again next year - hope you all will join in again! And also recruit more people so we can have more than five!

I believe some people probably chose not to play this year because they didn't project themselves to be finishing in the money. I'd suggest people look at both my team (Daisycutter) and Ark's team (Justice 4 All) and consider we were both projected to be some of the worst teams in the league even after the draft and going into the season. That's how much things can change year over year. Tell people to get in the game!

- IE
dplank
Hall of Famer

It was $20, I figured I was throwing it away and was. Grocery store sushi costs $15 so I’ve thrown it away on worse things.
dabearsfan
Practice Squad

IE wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Key points:

Payout:

To Pay:

- Me (Eric) 8-18-22

OK folks, so the money league winner has been decided, with Pigskin Playas catching me at my most vulnerable point of the season (grr) in the semifinals. By virtue of his ascension into the finals, dabearsfan is the "money league winner" for 2022!

Congrats! I'll be sending the $100 winning prize to you via the same channel you sent to me (either venmo or paypal - can't remember).

Playing a team out of the money league for 3rd (or 4th place) means my team at least pulled out the runner-up prize of "getting your money back".

I plan to run the same parallel league again next year - hope you all will join in again! And also recruit more people so we can have more than five!

I believe some people probably chose not to play this year because they didn't project themselves to be finishing in the money. I'd suggest people look at both my team (Daisycutter) and Ark's team (Justice 4 All) and consider we were both projected to be some of the worst teams in the league even after the draft and going into the season. That's how much things can change year over year. Tell people to get in the game!

- IE
Just a heads up as this post was from a few weeks ago, I never did get a Venmo on this. No rush, just reminding. Great season all, looking forward to next year
IE
Hall of Famer

dabearsfan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:04 pm

- IE
Just a heads up as this post was from a few weeks ago, I never did get a Venmo on this. No rush, just reminding. Great season all, looking forward to next year
Hey sorry man - I looked on Venmo and didn't see it. I also looked at Paypal. PM your venmo to me and I'll send it right away.
dabearsfan
Practice Squad

IE wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:20 pm
dabearsfan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:04 pm

Hey sorry man - I looked on Venmo and didn't see it. I also looked at Paypal. PM your venmo to me and I'll send it right away.
No worries at all, sent a Venmo request
IE
Hall of Famer

dabearsfan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:25 pm
IE wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:20 pm

No worries at all, sent a Venmo request
Sorry - Tom... I did have you in there. By process of elimination, I should have figured it out!

We're definitely doing it again next year. Hoping to get more participants!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Key points:

Payout:

To Pay:

- Me (Eric) 8-18-22

- IE
My real team showed up in the playoffs. :angry:
IE
Hall of Famer

Hey all. I'm assuming the MOTM league will be back again this year. I strongly considered starting a new money league because I really prefer them - at least low dollar to keep people interested. But I really don't have the time to do it, so instead I'm going to run the parallel money league again because it is easy.

I'll start a new thread for it after the draft.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Thought I'd throw it out here but dynasty league that a former MOTM got me into has openings. It's 96 teams so you have 8 copies of a player (so 8 teams would have Fields, etc). There's always some empty teams so they still draft for them and then put the future picks and players in the yearly dispersal draft. Superflex, TE premium, ppr. Start a QB, RB, WR, TE and 6 flex (no K or DST). Different divisions (relegation and promotion) and $30. Anyone interested let me know.