My front office sucks!!!

For you fantasy football weirdos and degenerate gamblers

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

It appears those in charge of running my draft don't understand the difference between am and pm :frustrated:

I was camping this weekend and I "knew" I could make my last 2 picks at 9 on Sunday. Woke up a bit before 7 and somehow started thinking it started at 6. We were set up on a river with high cliffs on each side of us and had zero reception. It was about a 5 mile drive to get out or I could hike/climb out to a road and had great reception. So I take off, make my picks and go back to camp.

My alarm goes on on my phone at 8:45 reminding me to make my picks. So I do the whole thing all over again and think I'm good.

Get home and get everything squared away and about 11 I look and see I don't have the guys I picked. That's when I notice its 9 pm not 9 am :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

I gotta get the long term view of my team into my head. After picking my second defense, it dawned on me Matt Corral should have been my pick and I could have stashed him on IR for the year. So well done Sith. That was my plan but it appears my reading comprehension is not so good. :? :?
IE
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:43 am It appears those in charge of running my draft don't understand the difference between am and pm :frustrated:

I was camping this weekend and I "knew" I could make my last 2 picks at 9 on Sunday. Woke up a bit before 7 and somehow started thinking it started at 6. We were set up on a river with high cliffs on each side of us and had zero reception. It was about a 5 mile drive to get out or I could hike/climb out to a road and had great reception. So I take off, make my picks and go back to camp.

My alarm goes on on my phone at 8:45 reminding me to make my picks. So I do the whole thing all over again and think I'm good.

Get home and get everything squared away and about 11 I look and see I don't have the guys I picked. That's when I notice its 9 pm not 9 am :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

I gotta get the long term view of my team into my head. After picking my second defense, it dawned on me Matt Corral should have been my pick and I could have stashed him on IR for the year. So well done Sith. That was my plan but it appears my reading comprehension is not so good. :? :?
Don't fret the bottom of your roster too much, or later round QBs you might want to take a flyer on and stash on IR. It is almost certain that every team has a key guy go to IR during the season and Corral will be waived. And there is a good chance with most teams having players on IR that he'll still be available late into the season if you think you want to keep him next year. But remember from season to season you can only keep 14 players so remember there's a good chance you'd cut him going into next season anyway - because there will be no evidence he's worth keeping.

Hope that helps. You didn't miss out on anything at all.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:20 am
Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:43 am It appears those in charge of running my draft don't understand the difference between am and pm :frustrated:

Don't fret the bottom of your roster too much, or later round QBs you might want to take a flyer on and stash on IR. It is almost certain that every team has a key guy go to IR during the season and Corral will be waived. And there is a good chance with most teams having players on IR that he'll still be available late into the season if you think you want to keep him next year. But remember from season to season you can only keep 14 players so remember there's a good chance you'd cut him going into next season anyway - because there will be no evidence he's worth keeping.

Hope that helps. You didn't miss out on anything at all.
It's more about getting "a plan" and then completely screwing up the execution of the plan.