Injury Tracker/Updates

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Shadow
Assistant Coach

I am a bit sad with Borom. He was my "Pet Cat" on the last forum I was on. I was and am High on his potential. Small School guy getting his chance and I am all for him succeeding. He has a lot of nasty in him, like Tevin.
He was bounced around a lot last year and this. He could still be a a diamond in the rough.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
wab
Mod

Borom hasn't been bounced around this season. He's been at RT since training camp.

Last year he was only bounced around because he was a backup who had to fill in at both OT spots due to injuries and poor play.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

wab wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 pm Borom hasn't been bounced around this season. He's been at RT since training camp.

Last year he was only bounced around because he was a backup who had to fill in at both OT spots due to injuries and poor play.
I beg to differ. He was used at both LT and RT in the off-season and camp.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Borom still not cleared.

Will Reiff rake in the big money?
Or will they shuffle the line some more?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:10 pm Borom still not cleared.

I vote shuffle
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Eberflus on Whitehair:

“He’s in a good spot mentally. He’s been working his tail off with the guys in the rehab. His strength numbers are good. His jump numbers are good. . . . We think he is going to be good.”
dplank
Hall of Famer

Given every move we’ve made recently that’s all about the future and not about this season, there’s no way we should pay that big money. Shuffle it up.
Z Bear
MVP

So with Whitehair coming back and Borom out....do you switch Teven back to RT???????? Jones - Whitehair - Eiselin - Schofield - Jenkins
wab
Mod

I don't know why people keep trying to wish Eiselen into the lineup.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:33 am I don't know why people keep trying to wish Eiselen into the lineup.
It’s a kind of “anyone but Sam” wish :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Z Bear
MVP

I mean they did already pull Mustipher once and they did throw Eiselin out the last drive with the rest of the starting line.

wab
Mod

Z Bear wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 am I mean they did already pull Mustipher once and they did throw Eiselin out the last drive with the rest of the starting line.

They pulled Mustipher because the guy that they signed to play center was ready to, you know, do that.

I dislike Sam Mustipher the football player so so so so very much. But the coaching staff does not.

And him out there for 3 plays in garbage time means literally nothing.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:56 am I mean they did already pull Mustipher once and they did throw Eiselin out the last drive with the rest of the starting line.

The rise of future All-Pro C Dieter Eiselen has begun. We are all witness.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:08 am

Given every move we’ve made recently that’s all about the future and not about this season, there’s no way we should pay that big money. Shuffle it up.
Agreed
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears ... good-to-go
The Bears were beneficiaries of a few surprise Friday injury developments. Right tackle Larry Borom cleared the NFL's concussion protocol and, after missing the first two practices this week, was able to do a full practice. As a result, Borom has been removed all together from the report and can play. Also, guard Cody Whitehair was activated to the 53-man roster after a month away on injured reserve with a knee injury.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

A little more on Whitehair:
Bears get starting OL Cody Whitehair, Larry Borom back for Dolphins game

Momentum continued to build for the Bears’ offense Friday with the expectation that two starting offensive linemen will be back Sunday against the Dolphins.

The Bears activated left guard Cody Whitehair from injured reserve, and right tackle Larry Borom cleared the concussion protocol and practiced in full for the first time Friday.

Whitehair started 99 of a possible 101 games before spraining his right knee in Week 4 against the Giants and missing four games. He has been back at practice for a week, and his performance was convincing as the Bears debated whether he should return.

“His movement’s good; his jumps were good,” coach Matt Eberflus said. “The strength staff did a nice job of getting him ready to go, and he’s looked good in practice.”

Whitehair began his career as a center and made the Pro Bowl there in 2018, but has mostly played left guard the last four seasons. The Bears likely will keep Sam Mustipher at center and play Whitehair in his natural spot.

Whitehair is the Bears’ longest-tenured player, but missing significant time during a season was new to him. Nonetheless, he felt fully confident about jumping back in after the layoff.

“It will take a little bit of time to adjust, but I’ve played enough ball,” he said. “It will be like riding a bike.”

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... tin-fields
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:37 pm https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears ... good-to-go
The Bears were beneficiaries of a few surprise Friday injury developments. Right tackle Larry Borom cleared the NFL's concussion protocol and, after missing the first two practices this week, was able to do a full practice. As a result, Borom has been removed all together from the report and can play. Also, guard Cody Whitehair was activated to the 53-man roster after a month away on injured reserve with a knee injury.
I'd still start Eiselen over Mustipher to see what I had in him.
spudbear
MVP

This game would be as good as any for Dieter to start. With Whitehair back he'd have a vet next to him to help with the center responsibilities. He may not help with hiking the ball in the shotgun though <eyeroll> . The Dolphins do not have a strong pass defense or pass rush, where they only have two more sacks than the meager total 13 for the Bears.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Might as well throw Dieter out there, can't hurt to see if he has NFL level potential, or is just a cool story. Pace really liked a cool story. He tried to write one for every draft pick he made. Back to the subject at hand. Bears are not going anywhere this year. The final 9 games are all an extended Pre-Season to use as qualifier games. For guys they want to keep, moving forward.

Let Dieter play and Hallmark can start filming his story! Ben Affleck can star as Ryan Pace, giving a moving speech about his convictions.

dplank
Hall of Famer

We can hope but I think it takes an injury to remove Mustipher - or an injury return from Patrick.

What’s the expected return date for Patrick??
thunderspirit
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:35 am We can hope but I think it takes an injury to remove Mustipher - or an injury return from Patrick.
The coaches have made this much clear several times.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:33 am I don't know why people keep trying to wish Eiselen into the lineup.
OK. Here's my rationale. Most people on this forum know that I'm a big fan of Eiselen.

1. He has great size for a C. 6'4" 310 on a broad frame, so he carries it well. Unlike Mustipher.
2. He's new to football, and loves it. He's addicted to film, and obsessed with the football IQ side of the game.
3. He's got A LOT of nasty in him. Much like Jenkins, he looks to bury his opponent. He's a really hard worker.
4. He graduated from Yale with an Economics degree. He's extremely intelligent.

He has the make-up and want-to of an elite C/G. He just needs the opportunity.
spudbear
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:26 am
OK. Here's my rationale. Most people on this forum know that I'm a big fan of Eiselen.

1. He has great size for a C. 6'4" 310 on a broad frame, so he carries it well. Unlike Mustipher.
2. He's new to football, and loves it. He's addicted to film, and obsessed with the football IQ side of the game.
3. He's got A LOT of nasty in him. Much like Jenkins, he looks to bury his opponent. He's a really hard worker.
4. He graduated from Yale with an Economics degree. He's extremely intelligent.

He has the make-up and want-to of an elite C/G. He just needs the opportunity.
Very much in agreement. Rather than give a thumbs up, I'll point to the other pertinent thread that has been ongoing most of the season, Our Weekly Reminder that Sam Mustipher is Bad at Football. Up to 5 pages and over 120 responses before it petered out from futility. Surely the coaches can see what the fans see during the game. I'm at the point where my best guess is that Fields asks for Mustipher at C. Maybe a death wish :?

I'm tired or seeing:
- Mustipher getting pushed back.
- the pocket collapsing.
- blitzers not being picked up.
- the OG's having to spend more time helping Mustipher rather than helping the OT's.

Other than that yeah sure, keep him in. There's only an occasional bad snap. And Olin likes him.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Watch this video from TTNL. I usually hate this guy, but he provides some good film on Dieter Eiselen. Specifically, go to the 4:00 min point, and tell me that's not our future C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurcwBI9vuc&t=276s
Xee
Site Admin

Latest injury report:

Curious if Armstead will play. According to what I've read, when he plays he still does a good job but he's missed 2 games this season already and this one looks like it can go either way.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, who played 77 percent of the Bears’ defensive downs Sunday, was one of three Bears not to practice Wednesday. He has a knee injury.

Cornerback Kindle Vildor missed practice with the ankle injury he suffered on his second snap Sunday.

Safety Dane Cruikshank sat out with an illness, while cornerback Josh Blackwell was limited because of a knee injury.

Linebacker Matthew Adams, a core special teams player, returned to practice after being put on injured reserve last month with a calf problem. Adams can practice for up to 21 days before the Bears must decide whether he returns to game action.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... nterim-nfl
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Injury report

Cornerback Jaylon Johnson (oblique), right guard Teven Jenkins (hip), defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad (knee) and cornerback Kindle Vildor (ankle) were limited in practice Thursday.

Johnson wasn’t too concerned his injury would impact his status for Sunday’s game against the Lions.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/10 ... e-belonged
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://ontapsportsnet.com/bears/chicag ... ges-waived
On Wednesday, the team designated linebacker Matt Adams to return from IR. Then on Thursday, the Bears waived tight end Jake Tonges.

They really don't need to carry 6 LBs.
But then, they really didn't need 4 FBs and/or TEs who do nothing but block, either.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Week 10 injury report

OUT: DB Kindle Vildor (ankle)
DOUBTFUL: DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (knee)
QUESTIONABLE: OL Teven Jenkins (hip), DB Jaylon Johnson (oblique)

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-10-injury ... nfl-season
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

PU

As much as Muhammad is nothing special - it's a big dropoff to have Kingsley and Green active, who don't have 100 career snaps between them.