Injury Tracker/Updates

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears activate WR Byron Pringle

The Bears activated Byron Pringle from injured reserve Saturday, setting up his return in Sunday’s game against the Lions at Soldier Field.

He had been on injured reserve since hurting his calf in late September. The Bears returned him to practice two weeks ago, opening up a 21-day window for him to play in games.

His return likely doesn’t bode well for rookie Velus Jones, who was a healthy scratch Sunday and could be again.

The Bears also promoted defensive lineman Gerri Green and cornerback Harrison Hand from the practice squad to the active roster. Green should give the Bears coverage with Al-Quadin Muhammad doubtful to play Sunday.

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/12 ... t-eberflus
docc
Head Coach

Well..we could use an extra Hand..
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:31 pm
Bears activate WR Byron Pringle

The Bears activated Byron Pringle from injured reserve Saturday, setting up his return in Sunday’s game against the Lions at Soldier Field.

He had been on injured reserve since hurting his calf in late September. The Bears returned him to practice two weeks ago, opening up a 21-day window for him to play in games.

His return likely doesn’t bode well for rookie Velus Jones, who was a healthy scratch Sunday and could be again.

The Bears also promoted defensive lineman Gerri Green and cornerback Harrison Hand from the practice squad to the active roster. Green should give the Bears coverage with Al-Quadin Muhammad doubtful to play Sunday.

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/12 ... t-eberflus
Pringle's on a one year contract. If he doesn't show a lot the rest of the year, he'll be gone after the season.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:58 am
HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:31 pm
Pringle's on a one year contract. If he doesn't show a lot the rest of the year, he'll be gone after the season.
Given that he was a guy Poles targeted and gave the most money to play WR, he might get another bite at the apple depending on who all is out there in FA. They could say it was the injury that threw everything off.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:46 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:58 am

Given that he was a guy Poles targeted and gave the most money to play WR, he might get another bite at the apple depending on who all is out there in FA. They could say it was the injury that threw everything off.
Could be on the other thread about our last 7 games, but I would like to see Pringle play to know if he's worth bringing back next year.
Z Bear
MVP

Khalil Herbert to IR...well that sucks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ert-on-ir/
spudbear
MVP

Khalil Herbert placed on IR with hip injury: https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/ ... y-week-11/
The Chicago Bears are placing running back Khalil Herbert on injured reserve, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

Herbert suffered a hip injury in Sunday’s loss to the Detroit Lions. With Herbert landing on IR, he’ll have to miss the next four games. He’s eligible to return in Week 16 against the Buffalo Bills.
The Bears also waived defensive end Kingsley Jonathan and claimed defensive back Justin Layne off waivers.
Don't recall seeing Herbert getting hurt on a particular play, but healthy hips are important for a running back.
Picking up Layne as more insurance for Vildor being out, and perhaps JJ not being up to game shape.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:10 pm Khalil Herbert placed on IR with hip injury: https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/ ... y-week-11/
The Chicago Bears are placing running back Khalil Herbert on injured reserve, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

Herbert suffered a hip injury in Sunday’s loss to the Detroit Lions. With Herbert landing on IR, he’ll have to miss the next four games. He’s eligible to return in Week 16 against the Buffalo Bills.
The Bears also waived defensive end Kingsley Jonathan and claimed defensive back Justin Layne off waivers.
Don't recall seeing Herbert getting hurt on a particular play, but healthy hips are important for a running back.
Picking up Layne as more insurance for Vildor being out, and perhaps JJ not being up to game shape.
It was a wierd thing as I remeber it. He was making a turn left. Not a cut but more of a turn. He started to go dow as a player was about to hit him it looked like it could be a non contact injury. Or perhaps as he was going down a contact.

My buddy tore a his hip flexor it looked kind of similar. That took time and he generally returned to normal. It took a long time though. Hip injuries can be a big deal depending on what it is. They have been pretty hush hush on the injury. Hopefully it's not to bad.
wab
Mod

I would assume they activate Evans? Or are they just going with Monty and Ebner?

Maybe VJJ gets some backfield looks.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:46 am I would assume they activate Evans? Or are they just going with Monty and Ebner?

Maybe VJJ gets some backfield looks.
I think I'd prefer to see VJJ more than Ebner.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Cole Kmet, David Montgomery among Bears missing from practice

Three offensive starters missed Bears practice Wednesday.

Tight end Cole Kmet, who was kneed in the thigh by Lions cornerback Jeff Okudah late in Sunday’s loss, did not practice because of a thigh injury. Kmet said after the game that he did not consider the injury serious. He’s been one of the Bears’ biggest contributors, totaling five touchdowns over the past three games.

Running back David Montgomery sat out for a personal reason. His involvement in the league’s best rushing attack is critical this week after the Bears put Khalil Herbert on injured reserve Tuesday.

Guard Teven Jenkins, who missed Sunday’s game with a hip injury, sat out for the same reason. Defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad (knee) and cornerback Kindle Vildor (ankle) remain out after sitting during the Lions game.

Rookie cornerback Kyler Gordon was limited because of a knee injury and safety Dane Cruikshank was limited because of a hamstring issue.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... m-practice
docc
Head Coach

The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Save him. Age doesn't really matter to a RB. Wear and tear gets them first. Unless their metahuman.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Key players return

The Bears are dealing with a lengthy injury report this week, but things got a little better Thursday with tight end Cole Kmet (hip), running back David Montgomery (personal) and cornerback Kindle Vildor (ankle) returning to practice. Kmet and Vildor were limited.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... m-benching
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Good to see Kmet back. That shot to his thigh had to hurt. I bet he has a huge bruise in a place that makes running difficult and painful. Vildor being back is good too, I guess. He is what he is, the best of the rest. Not a great CB but servicable. His replacement Jones is not better so I guess this is a win.
Jenkins is worrying me the most. His career so far has him missing more games than he has played. Is his injury linked to his playing style? I missed the play where he got injured.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
wab
Mod

Shadow wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:52 am Good to see Kmet back. That shot to his thigh had to hurt. I bet he has a huge bruise in a place that makes running difficult and painful. Vildor being back is good too, I guess. He is what he is, the best of the rest. Not a great CB but servicable. His replacement Jones is not better so I guess this is a win.
Jenkins is worrying me the most. His career so far has him missing more games than he has played. Is his injury linked to his playing style? I missed the play where he got injured.
He originally hurt his hip in the Dallas game during the Parsons TD return. He was down for a LONG time, through the entire commercial break.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

wab wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:08 am
Shadow wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:52 am Good to see Kmet back. That shot to his thigh had to hurt. I bet he has a huge bruise in a place that makes running difficult and painful. Vildor being back is good too, I guess. He is what he is, the best of the rest. Not a great CB but servicable. His replacement Jones is not better so I guess this is a win.
He originally hurt his hip in the Dallas game during the Parsons TD return. He was down for a LONG time, through the entire commercial break.
I had forgotten about that as he was running so well, right before the knee to thigh incident. Thanks for the reminder.

Shadow
Assistant Coach

We now have only Cruikshanks and N'Keal Harry designated as out. Everyone else had a full practice on Friday. Jenkins and Vildor are listed as Questionable, but as they were full participants on Friday, they should play Sunday.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Teven Jenkins hoping to return vs. Falcons

Teven Jenkins was establishing a home at right guard when a hip injury he had been managing all season flared up after the Dolphins game Nov. 6.

It was all too typical of Jenkins’ star-crossed career that in the same week he was being hailed as one of the best guards in the NFL — the sixth-highest-graded guard in the league for the season and third-best for the previous month, according to Pro Football Focus — he had to miss the game against the Lions.

“Very frustrating,” Jenkins said. “I don’t like missing any time. I don’t like seeing my teammates and my brothers out there doing that without me. I love being there with them. It was hard on me.”

Jenkins, who did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, had full participation in practice Friday and hopes to play Sunday against the Falcons. He is listed as questionable.

“It’s still a little sore right now,’’ Jenkins said. ‘‘I’m getting back to it. But I think it’ll be good.’’

As the line shuffled because of injuries, Jenkins became the most consistent performer and solidified the right-guard position. He said he expects to have to manage the hip injury until the Bears’ bye week after the Dec. 4 game against the Packers.

“I’d say it’s a win for me because this is my first time being at that position,” Jenkins said. “I wouldn’t want to jinx it now, but I’m playing really good, and hopefully I can keep it up for the rest of the season.’’

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/202 ... vs-falcons
Hopefully he'll be OK. A lot of the time offensive line play goes unnoticed during a game, but watching tape of him driving opponents back and pancaking guys is second only to Justin Fields making big plays for the most fun provided by the Bears offense this season.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:08 am
Do we think this could be a reason the new GM seemed kind of down on Jenkins generally?

I.E. He thinks the medical will be a big long term issue
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Kyler Gordon knocked out of the Falcons game with a concussion.
Xee
Site Admin

Just copying this from a post by @HisRoyalSweetness in another topic since I think it's relevant in this one as well:

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

If it's a collar bone break that's his season.
docc
Head Coach

I hate to see any player especially Fields on the cart
otis
Pro Bowler

if fields is broken then we don't win another game this season. blessing in disguise? top five pick. play even more rookies? i'm surprised fields has made it this long without an injury. i think we have enough tape on fields to call him our qb of the future. give him a rest and go for the top pick in the draft. and start playin the rookie olinemen!
Heinz D.
MVP

otis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:26 pm if fields is broken then we don't win another game this season. blessing in disguise? top five pick. play even more rookies? i'm surprised fields has made it this long without an injury. i think we have enough tape on fields to call him our qb of the future. give him a rest and go for the top pick in the draft. and start playin the rookie olinemen!
I think that, even if Fields can bounce back, (and I think he probably can), they need to shelve him to protect him from Getsy's stupidity.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

otis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:26 pm if fields is broken then we don't win another game this season. blessing in disguise? top five pick. play even more rookies? i'm surprised fields has made it this long without an injury. i think we have enough tape on fields to call him our qb of the future. give him a rest and go for the top pick in the draft. and start playin the rookie olinemen!
:gravel: We have to beat the Pack, I want them
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm Just copying this from a post by @HisRoyalSweetness in another topic since I think it's relevant in this one as well:

Cheers Xee. I was a bit surprised nobody seemed to react to it in the Week 11 // Bears (3-7) @ Falcons (4-6) thread.

Here's a little more information:
Bears evaluating QB Justin Fields’ injured left shoulder

ATLANTA — Bears quarterback Justin Fields hurt his left, non-throwing shoulder late in the 27-24 loss to the Falcons, and the injury was evaluated by medical staff immediately after the game.

Bears coach Matt Eberflus, who has given as little injury information as possible this season, said he would give an update on Fields on Wednesday ahead of the upcoming game at the Jets.

Falcons cornerback Dee Alford hit Fields at the end of a one-yard designed run as he went out of bounds with 1:42 left, and Fields landed on his left shoulder.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... t-shoulder
Fields was noticeably learning to one side during his post-game presser, which didn't last as long as normal. I did hear rumours that it could be his AC joint, but that could just be people speculating.

Fields said his hamstring issues were due to cramping, not any sort of strain so that's a positive. He put it down to sweating more playing indoors and said he needs to make sure he keeps himself hydrated. He had an IV after the game.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I'm almost hoping for something like a break, because if it's not something that puts him inarguably out, I don't trust this franchise not to let him play and really fuck it up.

Jim Miller may have reached a settlement that involves not talking about it, but I haven't forgotten how they ended his career.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:58 pm I'm almost hoping for something like a break, because if it's not something that puts him inarguably out, I don't trust this franchise not to let him play and really fuck it up.

Jim Miller may have reached a settlement that involves not talking about it, but I haven't forgotten how they ended his career.
Based on how he looks in the booth - was it a tragic pain related addiction to Pumpkin Pie?