Week 6 // Bears (2-3) vs Commanders (1-4)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

LacertineForest
MVP

Seems like a fitting end to that shit show. That ball was on the money.
IotaNet
MVP

We simply don’t have the talent. We are trotting out second-string level players. You can’t win in this league that way.
Last edited by IotaNet on Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
UOK
Site Admin

I may not watch another game this season. The Bears are a disgrace to the sport and making me hate football.
karhu
Head Coach

artbest01 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:08 pm Two gutless drops to end the game
Oh, come on. We only had the one angle on Mooney, and it sure looked like he had someone's helmet to contend with. Wish he'd come down with the ball, but he's just about the only one on the team who's earned the benefit of the doubt.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
wab
Mod

RustinFields wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:56 pm Getsy was calling a great game in the first half.

Also I've been complaining about this in chat, but Leno's been stealing Quinn's lunch all game.
I disagree. I thought Getsy called a terrible game overall.
docc
Head Coach

..we..the Bears..are young..untalented and raped of draft picks from the Nagus ..get us some REAL players.not 4th round hopes
karhu
Head Coach

LacertineForest wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:08 pm Seems like a fitting end to that shit show. That ball was on the money.
Even more fitting: Fields bypassed a guy who was two steps open in the end zone to throw that thing to Mooney. Most fitting of all: the guy who was open was Smith-Marsette.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
wab
Mod

Postgame show just tearing Fields and the coaches apart.
Xee
Site Admin

I know Fields did not have a great game but I'm not that mad at him. Braxton Jones was getting beat like a drum seemingly on every play and our WRs were horrendous. To me, it looks like Fields and the RBs produced most of our yards on their feet.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Post game guys are on the money. Fields is more Cam Newton than anything else. He can't read the field (at the moment). You may as well dink and dunk and let him run. He is afraid to throw in a tight window. He has to make those throws. He has no confidence in his passing, hence he holds the ball forever. It doesn't help when there is no talent to help him out and a coach whose play calling is questionable at best.
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:20 pm Post game guys are on the money. Fields is more Cam Newton than anything else. He can't read the field (at the moment). You may as well dink and dunk and let him run. He is afraid to throw in a tight window. He has to make those throws. He has no confidence in his passing, hence he holds the ball forever. It doesn't help when there is no talent to help him out and a coach whose play calling is questionable at best.
He’s an excellent deep ball thrower and an elite runner. You’d think someone could design an offense around that.
malagabears
Journeyman

Xee wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:18 pm I know Fields did not have a great game but I'm not that mad at him. Braxton Jones was getting beat like a drum seemingly on every play and our WRs were horrendous. To me, it looks like Fields and the RBs produced most of our yards on their feet.
We're just so devoid of talent. Couldn't score on 3 1st & goal opportunities from the 6 or closer. UnF'ing believable. The entire left side of the line from Mustipher to Jones were horrendous tonight. And VJones bonehead gift wrapped TO gave the game away too.
At least the D played well.
malagabears
Journeyman

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:20 pm Post game guys are on the money. Fields is more Cam Newton than anything else. He can't read the field (at the moment). You may as well dink and dunk and let him run. He is afraid to throw in a tight window. He has to make those throws. He has no confidence in his passing, hence he holds the ball forever. It doesn't help when there is no talent to help him out and a coach whose play calling is questionable at best.
Luke Getsy channeled his inner Nagy on a lot of plays.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:48 pm Fields is gun shy. He has taken a beating tonight. Now not seeing play clock…..
I dont think that one is on JF. He appears to have been calling for the ball. Mustipher didn't snap it.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

I’ve been watching football since 1975. This is the closest to an absolute trash shit puke fuck ass shit roster and coaching staff I’ve seen. The former we’d already suspected, the latter keeps showing its colors.

I wanted Daboll bad. Getsy is an abomination for doing what he’s doing, even with the little he’s got. It’s like the blind leading the blind.

Purgatory, here we come.
malagabears
Journeyman

TheWorldBreaker
MVP

wab wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:26 pm
He’s an excellent deep ball thrower and an elite runner. You’d think someone could design an offense around that.
The problem is you need time to let the receivers get down field for deep ball passes and this offensive line is clearly not very good at pass protection.
spudbear
MVP

Did anybody notice if the Commandos tried to blow up Mustipher up the middle? Seemed like he was not getting embarrassed like before.
And I'll defend Pettis on the "drop" in the end zone, as the CB had pulled his arm away. How can that not be PI?
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Is Fields gonna make it thru the entire season without missing some time, getting maimed, killed?
dplank
Hall of Famer

Fields sucked (multiple missed plays and missed a layup TD). The OL sucked (gave up huge pressure all game long). The WR's sucked (so, so many drops - including the game winner). ST's sucked (VJJ, I mean, what can be said. He's cost us 2 games in a row. But the coaches keep benching Jenkins for some odd reason, why is he the only one held to a performance standard?). Refs sucked (clear interfernce on the 3rd down play - clear as day, no call. But we got two very weak PI's on their scoring drive. Typical)
bbaker
Journeyman

artbest01 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:53 pm Terrible night for fields, Braxton Jones, Velus Jones, marsette (ridiculous drop on 4th down) and Getsy. Horrendous
I couldn’t disagree with you more, @Artbest. Fields absolutely gutted his way through this game with horrible protection and a fucking JOKE of a WR corps. I’m going to bring up the thread I got roasted for during the draft where I said Fields should demand a trade. I understand Poles couldn’t build an entire roster in one off-season, but he could have definitely done more to build a decent O-line to protect Fields. If I was Pablo Fields, I would have been literally kicking Ryan Poles’ ass for putting his son in this situation.

Also… how in the hell was that not PI against Pettis on 3rd down??

If the fucking refs are going to call PI on those iffy back-to-back calls that extended Washington’s TD drive, there’s no way in hell you can tell me that wasn’t even more egregious.

I hate losing.. but our problem is NOT Justin Fields. He’s the only thing keeping us in these games.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Fields' mistakes contributed to the Bears being behind in the game.

At the same time, Fields' playmaking is the only reason the Bears even had a chance to win.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

I wish this was game 17. This team needs to finish dead last and purge.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:10 pm I may not watch another game this season. The Bears are a disgrace to the sport and making me hate football.
This is about where I am at. They are the worst team in the league, and I don’t think it’s close. They are getting worse, not better, JF1 is getting worse, not better, the defense is getting worse, not better, and on and on. Getsy as a play caller is atrocious. I don’t think he understands situational play calling, or stacking plays, or any of it. The team plays with no pride, or passion, or fire. I feel like Flus is draining the passion for the game from them. Don’t give me the “lack of talent” or “they’re young” crap. I don’t see anyone on the field getting fired up…about anything.

In my opinion Fields is already damaged goods. Both Nagy and Getsy have fucked him up, and he’s not even sure what he should be doing. He’s not playing, he’s thinking…way way too much.

I drew this correlation as a joke a few weeks back, but I’m not sure it is. Flus maybe the defensive minded version of Marc Trestman. God I hope I’m wrong.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

And "tight window" means wide the F open in the NFL if you throw on time
RichH55
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:33 pm Fields' mistakes contributed to the Bears being behind in the game.

At the same time, Fields' playmaking is the only reason the Bears even had a chance to win.
He didn't get to 10 points. Save it for a week.

He was bad.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:04 pm Fields sucked (multiple missed plays and missed a layup TD). The OL sucked (gave up huge pressure all game long). The WR's sucked (so, so many drops - including the game winner). ST's sucked (VJJ, I mean, what can be said. He's cost us 2 games in a row. But the coaches keep benching Jenkins for some odd reason, why is he the only one held to a performance standard?). Refs sucked (clear interfernce on the 3rd down play - clear as day, no call. But we got two very weak PI's on their scoring drive. Typical)
Apologism! Mount Up!
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:00 pm Is Fields gonna make it thru the entire season without missing some time, getting maimed, killed?
Its pure Steve McNair - Its gonna take multiple seasons.

He will play through everything - but absolutely let you know he's playing through it. Milk every hit
RichH55
Hall of Famer

malagabears wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:38 pm
It's almost like holding onto the ball LITERALLY the longest in the NFL - and pass rushers eventually getting near you

is absolutely and totally correalated.

Weird.

But Im sure its Pettis and the Refs fault we didnt get to - double digit points
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:26 pm
That leaves out like 80-85% of NFL Offensive plays.

He took a sack where he had two guys open - early- and he held the ball more than 4 seconds.

I'm not sure what OC has a play that works under that scenario