GB losing, refs start throwing flags

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Just read this too:
Packers made run at Raiders TE Darren Waller ahead of trade deadline

The Packers stood pat at the trade deadline, much to the chagrin of their fans who wanted some action.

However, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Sources say Green Bay made a strong run at Raiders star tight end Darren Waller, attempting to acquire the dynamic offensive weapon at the deadline. For Las Vegas, Waller was deemed too valuable to deal, especially because they just signed him to a three-year, $51 million extension on Sept. 10.

That was not the only big-time star the Packers were in on, as they also offered a second-round pick to the Steelers to attempt to pry Chase Claypool from them, sources say. Pittsburgh chose the second-rounder from the Bears instead, believing it would be an earlier pick.

The Packers also called on Panthers WR D.J. Moore, sources say, but it was a non-starter for a Carolina team that wanted to keep its young core together.

This was the second time Green Bay had made a run at Waller, with the first time coming in the offseason, according to sources with knowledge of the talks. They had discussions about him while the two organizations were in talks on the deal that eventually landed Las Vegas star receiver Davante Adams.

"The compensation for whatever players we were going after just didn't make sense," Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters on Wednesday. "So I trust (Packers GM) Brian (Gutekunst). We had some good conversations. We were in on some things. It just didn't pan out."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-made-r ... e-deadline
Poor Erin and the Packers. Nobody wanted to trade with them. :evilgrin:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

docc wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:18 pm Image

Packer fans seeing their future
:rofl: :grovel:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Rodgers threw 3 picks yesterday?

Giggle.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:10 pm Just read this too:
Packers made run at Raiders TE Darren Waller ahead of trade deadline

The Packers stood pat at the trade deadline, much to the chagrin of their fans who wanted some action.

However, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Sources say Green Bay made a strong run at Raiders star tight end Darren Waller, attempting to acquire the dynamic offensive weapon at the deadline. For Las Vegas, Waller was deemed too valuable to deal, especially because they just signed him to a three-year, $51 million extension on Sept. 10.

That was not the only big-time star the Packers were in on, as they also offered a second-round pick to the Steelers to attempt to pry Chase Claypool from them, sources say. Pittsburgh chose the second-rounder from the Bears instead, believing it would be an earlier pick.

The Packers also called on Panthers WR D.J. Moore, sources say, but it was a non-starter for a Carolina team that wanted to keep its young core together.

This was the second time Green Bay had made a run at Waller, with the first time coming in the offseason, according to sources with knowledge of the talks. They had discussions about him while the two organizations were in talks on the deal that eventually landed Las Vegas star receiver Davante Adams.

"The compensation for whatever players we were going after just didn't make sense," Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters on Wednesday. "So I trust (Packers GM) Brian (Gutekunst). We had some good conversations. We were in on some things. It just didn't pan out."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-made-r ... e-deadline
Poor Erin and the Packers. Nobody wanted to trade with them. :evilgrin:
Read an article this a.m. that the Pack made trade offers more so Erin thought they were making an effort to help him, they really didn't want to do anything. LOLOL.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

Green Bay: Hey is your star offensive weapon available?

Them: No

Green Bay: Hey we tried!
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I love all of this
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I would caution against wanting the Packers to collapse.

Let’s have them go between 6-11 and 10-7 with no playoff appearance or as the token Wild Card who goes into a place like Philly and gets destroyed.

I do not want them to go 2-15 or 4-13 and then draft the next Andrew Luck.

The circumstances around Favre and Rodgers were both lightning strikes that are just pure luck. Let’s not hand them the next HOF QB.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:37 am I would caution against wanting the Packers to collapse.

Let’s have them go between 6-11 and 10-7 with no playoff appearance or as the token Wild Card who goes into a place like Philly and gets destroyed.

The circumstances around Favre and Rodgers were both lightning strikes that are just pure luck. Let’s not hand them the next HOF QB.
I tend to agree, but keep in mind that they landed Rodgers with the 24th pick...in what just happened to be a confluence of perfect circumstances.

Aside from a handful of players over the last 10 years, the Packers haven't really been known as a team that drafts really well.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:37 am I would caution against wanting the Packers to collapse.

But ... they already have Jordan Love, first round pick ....
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I think we might finally have a player in Justin Fields where we don't have to worry as much about what the Packers are doing anymore - they need to be worrying about us instead.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

No. You let me have this. I've been married to a Packer fan for 20 years and spent every holiday surrounded by them. I am going to lord this over them for decades!!!
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Packers just beat the Cowboys in overtime helped by the Cowboys getting stiffed with an offensive holding call on a good run leaving them with 2nd and 19 followed by a non-PI call which would have been a first down when the Packer defender clearly, even in real time, arrived early.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

yeah that non PI call on lamb was pretty brutal.
dplank
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:08 am Image
Exactly.

Right up there with swamp gas, moonlight reflecting off of Venus and bullets found in pristine condition after having allegedly gone through multiple layers of bone.

The Chef Wiggum method of addressing problems.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

The NFL referees of 2022 are as crooked as a dog's hind leg.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS