NFL Players, Former Players & Health

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Former NFL player Sam Gash focusing on positives after going through multiple battles with cancer

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-nfl-pla ... ultiple-ba
Good to know that the latest CBA included some health support for former players. Hopefully the next one will include comprehensive health cover for life. The NFL can surely afford it given its revenue.
dplank
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:56 pm
Former NFL player Sam Gash focusing on positives after going through multiple battles with cancer

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-nfl-pla ... ultiple-ba
Good to know that the latest CBA included some health support for former players. Hopefully the next one will include comprehensive health cover for life. The NFL can surely afford it given its revenue.
A little inside baseball that will infuriate you…NFL employees (Marketing, Finance, IT, etc) have incredible pensions. The people I know who have retired have a military type setup, they have significant pension income + health care for life - then often go get a job in the “private sector” and coast.

But the players who destroy their bodies for short careers don’t get health care for life? Crazy.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:56 am
HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:56 pm

A little inside baseball that will infuriate you…NFL employees (Marketing, Finance, IT, etc) have incredible pensions. The people I know who have retired have a military type setup, they have significant pension income + health care for life - then often go get a job in the “private sector” and coast.

But the players who destroy their bodies for short careers don’t get health care for life? Crazy.
Really? That's crap.

What about the pensions? What's that like for a player?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Players are private contractors.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!