DJ Moore = Dumba$$

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pant ... h-penalty/

Selfish. After the fact it didn't even seem to bother him. He was laughing on the side line having a good ole time. Glad they got beat. He showed he was a me player.

Pushed the xp back to make it a 48 yd attempt for the win.
Xee
Site Admin

I personally am more of a, celebrate after you win guy, but I can understand players wanting to celebrate an individual play. That said, how hard is it to keep your frickin helmet on? I mean, there are extra steps you have to do to unsnap it so it is literally easier to just keep it on, do whatever dance you've choreographed, and then let the kicker do his job.

Btw, I had no idea Eddie Pineiro was still in the league. Makes me appreciate Santos even more.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:14 pm https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pant ... h-penalty/

Selfish. After the fact it didn't even seem to bother him. He was laughing on the side line having a good ole time. Glad they got beat. He showed he was a me player.

Pushed the xp back to make it a 48 yd attempt for the win.
now I guess I'm glad the Bears didn't trade for Moore as many were suggesting they do ... any time being a dumbass overshadows actual ability is a warning sign to go elsewhere
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

This thread has not aged well :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I thought the penalty was like that incredibly stupid one called on the Bears player for celebrating in the Monday night game against the Steelers. Totally overblown by a ref. Happens often, rarely called.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
IE
Hall of Famer

I hated that play. My friend came back from over 20 points down against me in FF to win on that one play... a 62 yard reception, plus TD plus a 10 point bonus for a WR going over 100 yards. Mofo.

Besides hating DJ for that I double-hated him because I had just traded him to my friend for Monty.

The truth is DJ isn't a primadonna or showboat at all. He's actually a quiet & reserved guy and that was way out of character for him. Although it was an amazingly huge play & he thought he just won the game for them. It sucks that they penalized him for a game-winning play with the clock at zero. At that point the game was literally over except for the PAT. Shitty call.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wulfy
MVP

IE wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:13 pm I hated that play. My friend came back from over 20 points down against me in FF to win on that one play... a 62 yard reception, plus TD plus a 10 point bonus for a WR going over 100 yards. Mofo.

Besides hating DJ for that I double-hated him because I had just traded him to my friend for Monty.

The truth is DJ isn't a primadonna or showboat at all. He's actually a quiet & reserved guy and that was way out of character for him. Although it was an amazingly huge play & he thought he just won the game for them. It sucks that they penalized him for a game-winning play with the clock at zero. At that point the game was literally over except for the PAT. Shitty call.
I'd call it a Crime of Passion/Stupidity vs a Character Flaw.

And I actually won my Fantasy Matchup that week on that play!!
UOK
Site Admin

Necromancing old threads with bad takes is stupid and a practice I abhor. Be better.