Why am I the 5th seed?

For you fantasy football weirdos and degenerate gamblers

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

So right now Daisycutter and I are sitting at 10-2 in our division. I've won both of our head-to-head matchups, yet I'm in second place in the division. That makes me the top wild card at 5 but seems like I should be winning the division. That would put Pigskin Playas and me tied at 10-2 for best record and I should own that tie breaker as well since I won our head-to-head match up.

Thanks.
IE
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 am So right now Daisycutter and I are sitting at 10-2 in our division. I've won both of our head-to-head matchups, yet I'm in second place in the division. That makes me the top wild card at 5 but seems like I should be winning the division. That would put Pigskin Playas and me tied at 10-2 for best record and I should own that tie breaker as well since I won our head-to-head match up.

Thanks.
Division leaders just like the NFL. Just like the Bears lost to the Pack twice in a season and still won the division. With the second best record and tie-breakers (e.g. scoring), you're still the wild card. :)
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:38 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 am So right now Daisycutter and I are sitting at 10-2 in our division. I've won both of our head-to-head matchups, yet I'm in second place in the division. That makes me the top wild card at 5 but seems like I should be winning the division. That would put Pigskin Playas and me tied at 10-2 for best record and I should own that tie breaker as well since I won our head-to-head match up.

Thanks.
Division leaders just like the NFL. Just like the Bears lost to the Pack twice in a season and still won the division. With the second best record and tie-breakers (e.g. scoring), you're still the wild card. :)
I would have thought head to head would have been the first tie breaker, but it is what it is.
IE
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:26 pm
IE wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:38 pm

I would have thought head to head would have been the first tie breaker, but it is what it is.
I think "quality of losses" should be the next criteria. :)
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!