The funniest show on tv is back

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

karhu
Head Coach

I almost never make it through two seasons of a show. Probably a personality defect, but I've gotten this far blaming producers and writers for running out of steam.

But.

The first few minutes of South Side's season three had me laughing so hard that my dog started howling along.

Hope springs eternal that Letterkenny will get it back together (Shoresy was a beaut), and this could be a helluva December. War, famine, recession, and the increasingly savage depredations of a planet that wants us gone notwithstanding.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:12 pm I almost never make it through two seasons of a show. Probably a personality defect, but I've gotten this far blaming producers and writers for running out of steam.

But.

The first few minutes of South Side's season three had me laughing so hard that my dog started howling along.

Hope springs eternal that Letterkenny will get it back together (Shoresy was a beaut), and this could be a helluva December. War, famine, recession, and the increasingly savage depredations of a planet that wants us gone notwithstanding.
I hear you on the 2 seasons part. Yellowstone, first 2 seasons some of the best TV I had seen. 3rd season, especially the finale, was just too much. Watched the 4th season off and on to keep the wife happy. This year, season, no thanks.

Glad 1883 was just 10 episodes. I just don't want to tie myself down to watching a series anymore. I have gotten ADD when it comes to TV anymore. That is why some sports are the fix. Fast paceed action and usually over within about 2.5 hrs.
karhu
Head Coach

The world's a big place, and it's good that we all like different things. And I have a decent idea of how this board's demographic skews. I get that I'm probably the only one here with warm and fuzzy memories of Englewood.

But come on--no one's watching South Side? Is anyone else here from the South Side? Even if you've never been there, for what it's worth, the real draw isn't the novelty of an excellent comedy set in a working-class neighborhood. It's the writing and the acting. This show hits at angles that have never been tried. From the first episode of season three: "She used to be my sister; she writes the checks." A casual little line, but it's completely weird, totally appropriate to the scene, and fucking hilarious all at once.

Seriously. Give it a shot.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I've never even heard of South Side, but I'll give it a shot