Another Disappointing Bulls Season

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

2 victories over top teams Boston, Milwaukee, and Miami. Then absolutely abysmal losses to the worst teams in the league. Time to blow this mess up and start over, which isn't looking good for the GM and coach, who they just re-upped.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Reinsdorf and Krause fucked that franchise but good.

More than 25 years since the Jordan Era. Nothing to show for it.

The Bulls should've been a magnet to every talent out there but the reputation got out after that POS Krause broke up the team. Then it was the way they did it.

How many failed attempts at a rebuild?

Curry and Chandler
Baby Bulls
D-Rose
Then last year.

This is another team, like the Bears, that'll only succeed out of pure luck until new ownership is in place.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:06 pm Reinsdorf and Krause fucked that franchise but good.

More than 25 years since the Jordan Era. Nothing to show for it.

The Bulls should've been a magnet to every talent out there but the reputation got out after that POS Krause broke up the team. Then it was the way they did it.

How many failed attempts at a rebuild?

Curry and Chandler
Baby Bulls
D-Rose
Then last year.

This is another team, like the Bears, that'll only succeed out of pure luck until new ownership is in place.
Yeah, I think, just like the 'Hawks didn't find success under the old man, the Bulls need a new owner. Just not Elon Musk ....
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The makeup of this team is just kind of strange. The 2 alphas just don't seem to jive together. Does the absence of Ball hurt them that much? Levine and DeRozan seem to be allergic to defense. Vuc is just too inconsistent as is Williams.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

This team can't defend nor rebound. The coaching isn't cutting it. Major changes needed, maybe the dreaded teardown and rebuild. If so, I don't know if the current management will survive.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Trade deadline Feb. 9. Any pools on how many guys get dealt? I'm voting for 'alot' but didn't they do a rebuild 2 years ago?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Yes, they have been in a rebuild. They can get rid of LaVine and that might be addition by subtraction. maybe that will open up things a little for Williams and if LaVine can bring in a mid range scorer I think that would help. Let DeMar be the alpha.
karhu
Head Coach

I wonder if we'll get much back for LaVine, but yeah--just getting him off the roster should improve things. I don't hate him, but he's the least aware "star" I've ever seen. Every time he gets the ball, it feels like the offense takes a microsecond's little intermission before Act II: The LaVining. And that's the good part. Kids might be reading this, so I won't comment on his defense.

Turns out the most important player in that whole rebuild is the one who might never play again. Put that on AKME's gravestone.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Bulls along with the Cavs were the only teams to make no moves at the trade deadline. So much for this team this year. If by some miracle they make the playoffs, it will be a quick one-and-done.
karhu
Head Coach

It's amazing how Jerry Reinsdorf turns executives into clones of each other. Karnisovas and Kenny Williams grew up seven years and 6,000 miles from each other, but as team execs they're twins.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Not Bulls related but I liked this. LeBron sat out the game Saturday night with an ankle injury, on the bench in street clothes and sat next to a fan, who reacts as one would expect:

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Lorenzo Ball has been officially shut down for the rest of the year. Wonder if they'll cut him in the offseason. I had my right knee scoped, also with what was thought to be a minor meniscus tear, it was 3 years before the knee felt normal again.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:45 am Lorenzo Ball has been officially shut down for the rest of the year. Wonder if they'll cut him in the offseason. I had my right knee scoped, also with what was thought to be a minor meniscus tear, it was 3 years before the knee felt normal again.
Was there a new diagnosis?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:27 am
Grizzled wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:45 am Lorenzo Ball has been officially shut down for the rest of the year. Wonder if they'll cut him in the offseason. I had my right knee scoped, also with what was thought to be a minor meniscus tear, it was 3 years before the knee felt normal again.
No, he just has no mobility, can't run, cut, etc.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:16 pm
Moriarty wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:27 am

:lol:

I meant yours
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:35 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:16 pm

:lol:

I meant yours
Mine was back in '96. Afterwards, the surgeon said he took out more meniscus than originally thought to be necessary once he got in there and also cleaned up some "floaters". He wasn't the most communicative guy, I just waited it out.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Another season, pretty much a flop. The GM says no tear down and rebuild so I'm not sure what the team can realistically do to improve. Try to sign some bargain basement 3 point shooters? Actually sign a real point guard? I think Vuke's a free agent, is there really a reason to re-sign him? Can they give Ball some kind of injury settlement, it's already been announced that he's not going to play in '24 and I doubt he has any future. Trade DeRozan to a contender for a high draft pick? Trade Levine? Signing him was nothing but a mistake. He's a #2 at best, inconsistent, a non-factor on defense. Hell, trade Patrick Williams, that vaunted potential is still somewhere out there, hasn't developed yet. '24 is shaping up already to be another yawner.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Frustrating team for sure. Outside of Caruso and Ayo, no one cares to play D. Too much one on one bullshit. I guess that can fall back on Donovan. No shooters. Everybody wants theirs and this is what you end up with.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:23 am Frustrating team for sure. Outside of Caruso and Ayo, no one cares to play D. Too much one on one bullshit. I guess that can fall back on Donovan. No shooters. Everybody wants theirs and this is what you end up with.
Just like they're locked into many of the players, they re-upped Donovan before this season started so not much hope for next year at all.
karhu
Head Coach

Meanwhile, your Chicago Mulligans:

PG: Ty Halliburton
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Franz Wagner
PF: Lauri Markkanen
C: Wendell Carter

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Passing over Haliburton still makes me shake my head. Damn, I loved him in the 2020 draft. And peddling Carter Jr for Vuvecic was always just asinine.

Trading Butler for essentially LaVine is almost excusable. I love JB but they hadn't built anything around him (their fault, not his) so it was trying to reset. I don't agree with it but I get it. And I have zero problem with losing Markkanen.

More bad than good, though. And always, always cheaping out. Just like every Reinsforf team. Sigh.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Jimmy Butler was named the ECF MVP.

Good thing we traded that guy.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Butler and the Bulls just couldn't co-exist anymore. His ego was out of control, he wouldn't play with other team mates. Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't have a strong enough GM and Head Coach to tell him he was going to play with the team. Miami has those guys (Riley and Spolstra) and Butler just plays his ass off for them.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Why anybody supports a Reinsdorf owned team is beyond me.

The guy backed into Michael Jordan who was the real reason behind the six titles.

What exactly does Reinsdorf have to show for owning two sports team for something like seventy combined years?

Seventy combined years of ownership. The Sox have one World Series. The Bulls wouldn’t have had shit without Jordan.

Reinsdorf is just a disaster.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Try being a Wizards fan fellas….just a brutally bad franchise
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:40 am Butler and the Bulls just couldn't co-exist anymore. His ego was out of control, he wouldn't play with other team mates. Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't have a strong enough GM and Head Coach to tell him he was going to play with the team. Miami has those guys (Riley and Spolstra) and Butler just plays his ass off for them.
His coach was Fred Hoiberg. For two years. Getting out wasn't evidence of an ego run amok; it was the only rational choice for a sane man. He played his ass off for us, too. But for a completely lost coach.

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:03 am
Grizzled wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:40 am Butler and the Bulls just couldn't co-exist anymore. His ego was out of control, he wouldn't play with other team mates. Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't have a strong enough GM and Head Coach to tell him he was going to play with the team. Miami has those guys (Riley and Spolstra) and Butler just plays his ass off for them.
His coach was Fred Hoiberg. For two years. Getting out wasn't evidence of an ego run amok; it was the only rational choice for a sane man. He played his ass off for us, too. But for a completely lost coach.
Agree on all counts. Big mistake getting rid of him but the team with GarPax down to the coach was out of kilter. I don't know how much better it is today. Personally I think they should strip it down and rebuild but the GM says 'no'.
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:36 am
karhu wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:03 am

Agree on all counts. Big mistake getting rid of him but the team with GarPax down to the coach was out of kilter. I don't know how much better it is today. Personally I think they should strip it down and rebuild but the GM says 'no'.
And here we are making a DPE request a week too late to let us do anything in FA besides a couple of run-it-back moves and a decent addition of a guy five years too late. Maybe we're trying to get in on the Lillard trade as a facilitator? But...so what?

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:53 am
Grizzled wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:36 am

And here we are making a DPE request a week too late to let us do anything in FA besides a couple of run-it-back moves and a decent addition of a guy five years too late. Maybe we're trying to get in on the Lillard trade as a facilitator? But...so what?
No Lilliard for the Bulls, they ain't a team he would go to nor do they have the assets to acquire him. Does not look like Rozan and/or LaVine are going to be traded. If they were, it would be for draft picks. Not much left out there to replace them by this time. Maybe they'll make moves at the trade deadline if the season has gone south.