Skip Bayles is an ASSHOLE !

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Eriebear
Journeyman

Bayless (Or mindless) thinks we should draft a QB in Rd,1 . He's " Not sold" on JF1. Thinks both #1 QB picks are " Better Passers ". I think he's crazy . ALSO , I'm tried of a has been trying to be important. AND Skip , your negative stuff is getting old.
dplank
Hall of Famer

How he’s still employed after his real time tweet while Hamlen was in cardiac arrest is unbelievable to me.
docc
Head Coach

Anus sucking waste of oxygen..
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I also just learned water is wet today.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

He’s baiting us
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bayless is another worthless hot taker like 1,000 another dolts that work in sports media.

These people are never held accountable and they're paid to get offended and scream like teenage girls.

It's why I never pay attention to sports media.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I mean Poles should definitely do proper research on the QBs.

If he feels strongly enough he should draft one. Especially if hes not sold on Fields.

That said its complete crazy talk. Justin may not have proven hes a great passer, but he is electric. He needs an offensive line and a defense.
bearsoldier
Assistant Coach

Agree with the OP 100%!

Never have liked the guy and do not pay any attention to what he says.

His name is appropriate. Every time he is on the air I always SKIP to another channel.
“Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” - Mike Ditka
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:10 am Bayless is another worthless hot taker like 1,000 another dolts that work in sports media.

These people are never held accountable and they're paid to get offended and scream like teenage girls.

used to be, long long ago in a land far away, sports reporters did just that - reported on sports ... some were better at it than others, but they were mostly all on the same page as far as what their job responsibilities were ... hell, most would actually do some research and verify details before ever opening their mouths ... too bad those days are gone ... because now the idiots like Skippy Brainless are the majority ... forget reporting on sports, they feel the need to take 1 nugget of sports information and run amok ... talk shows where the way they determine who is right is by who can yell the loudest

there are still some decent shows out there ... Rich Eisen comes to mind and Good Morning Football ... so there are some shows worth a listen

unfortunately the scream media jackasses like Bayless seem to get most of the attention and should not be considered viable sources of anything but a headache
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:45 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:10 am Bayless is another worthless hot taker like 1,000 another dolts that work in sports media.

used to be, long long ago in a land far away, sports reporters did just that - reported on sports ... some were better at it than others, but they were mostly all on the same page as far as what their job responsibilities were ... hell, most would actually do some research and verify details before ever opening their mouths ... too bad those days are gone ... because now the idiots like Skippy Brainless are the majority ... forget reporting on sports, they feel the need to take 1 nugget of sports information and run amok ... talk shows where the way they determine who is right is by who can yell the loudest

there are still some decent shows out there ... Rich Eisen comes to mind and Good Morning Football ... so there are some shows worth a listen

unfortunately the scream media jackasses like Bayless seem to get most of the attention and should not be considered viable sources of anything but a headache
When I was a kid, I loved a show on Sunday mornings on ESPN called The Sports Report (I believe?) with Dick Schaap. He'd have some consistent co-hosts like Mike Lupica and Bill Conlin(?). Mitch Albom was another. That show was good. Lupica would get dramatic and uppity at times, but otherwise Schaap was fantastic.

Now it's a cesspool. I don't even bother anymore.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Always has been an asshole. It was a great day when he left Chicago. Don't care what he says about the Bears. Never have.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:55 am

When I was a kid, I loved a show on Sunday mornings on ESPN called The Sports Report (I believe?) with Dick Schaap. He'd have some consistent co-hosts like Mike Lupica and Bill Conlin(?). Mitch Albom was another. That show was good. Lupica would get dramatic and uppity at times, but otherwise Schaap was fantastic.

My dad used to watch The George Michael Sports Machine on Sunday nights. It's basically what got me into sports.

I miss the world before "infotainment".
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I think there are two types of loud screaming "reporters." There are the complete hacks like Bayless who think they know everything and don't know squat. They preach to those that tune in (although I don't know why anyone does that) and think their word is not to be challenged. Then you have the loud screamers who are simply trying to make it entertaining. Berman is the best example of this. Although I would never say his reporting was amazing, he was more a play by play looking at the tape and it was fun to watch. To a large decree I think that is what Good Morning Football has become. It's not so much giving insight and reporting, it's making comments and trying to be an entertainment show rather than a news show. I can take them for about 30-45 minutes while I"m getting ready in the morning for "back-ground noise" that may have something I find interesting and pause to watch.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 am

My dad used to watch The George Michael Sports Machine on Sunday nights. It's basically what got me into sports.

Sport Machine was the best. At one point it was the only show I could tune into to get up to speed on what was going on as didn't have ESPN yet (or at least that's what I seem to remember). There was also some music video show we would tune into late Saturday nights in high school when we were at people's houses that didn't have cable/MTV (back then MTV showed music videos).

TMP I think it was the Sports Reporters.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 am

That one was another gem.
dplank
Hall of Famer

The Sports Machine was awesome, I'm from the DC area originally and watched that religiously. Don't forget Warner Wolf "Let's go to the Video Tape!"

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:31 pm Don't forget Warner Wolf "Let's go to the Video Tape!"
Are you sure that's not Mel Kiper using a fake name?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bayless isn't alone on this:

Love the other guys' reactions. :lol:
Ormazd
MVP

The two sports talk bobbleheads I refuse to listen to are Skip Brainless and Screamin' A Smith
EricTighe
MVP

That's why they are commentators and not in the NFL front office anywhere.

Heard a guy on radio talking about how the Bears are in a perfect position unless Anderson is our number one guy.

Said we could do this.
Trade 1 to Houston for #2 and 2nd rounder in 2023,
Trade 2 Claypool and Jenkins to Colts for #4, 2nd (2023) 1(2024) Deforrest Buckner, Quinton Nelson and Pierce.

But if Anderson is our guy then trading to 4 is out of the question unless Arizona would be dumb enough to pass on him. Which he thinks won't happen.

Alos said if that happened and Anderson wasn't available at 4 you could get a haul from LV if they want a QB. Mentioned that Crosby, Adams, Waller, Jacobs and Renfrow don't like McDaniels and the direction the Raiders are heading. He didn't say we could get all of them just said they could be available.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I would pay to watch skip burn.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

These people just don’t watch football - that’s the only explanation
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

It's just a "hot" take to generate exactly what it's doing. Clicks and comments.
BigDaddy
Practice Squad

Let’s face it, our experience drafting QBs sucks. I’m sure that all these pundits that are suggesting trading Fields and drafting Young are doing so because Fields has not established himself as a passer to date. They may be right, they also may be wrong. But to tradeFields and draft Young? That just doesn’t make sense. I don’t care about starting the rookie clock over. If You ng fails, we are fucked. I would rather get Fields the WR and o line he needs and see what he does. If he fails fine, then we’ll draft another QB. I don’t think any QB in this draft is a franchise altering addition. I would take a flyer on one in later rounds though. Who knows, we may find another QB like Purdy in San Fran.
dplank
Hall of Famer

EricTighe wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:11 am That's why they are commentators and not in the NFL front office anywhere.

Heard a guy on radio talking about how the Bears are in a perfect position unless Anderson is our number one guy.

Said we could do this.
Trade 1 to Houston for #2 and 2nd rounder in 2023,
Trade 2 Claypool and Jenkins to Colts for #4, 2nd (2023) 1(2024) Deforrest Buckner, Quinton Nelson and Pierce.

But if Anderson is our guy then trading to 4 is out of the question unless Arizona would be dumb enough to pass on him. Which he thinks won't happen.

Alos said if that happened and Anderson wasn't available at 4 you could get a haul from LV if they want a QB. Mentioned that Crosby, Adams, Waller, Jacobs and Renfrow don't like McDaniels and the direction the Raiders are heading. He didn't say we could get all of them just said they could be available.
Count me in for Trade 2....wow
BigDaddy
Practice Squad

Oh hell yeah, count me in on trade 2.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:18 am These people just don’t watch football - that’s the only explanation
This is so true! Bayless and Colin Coward are two of the same. No nothing about football but run their mouths regardless. They even tout top RBs on the Bears that do not exist. Anderson???? Bears had no Anderson on the roster this year. These two and their ilk are not even mildly tolerable to listen to.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Response to the topic headline (meaning no disrespect of flaming)

DUH!!
Heinz D.
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:55 am When I was a kid, I loved a show on Sunday mornings on ESPN called The Sports Report (I believe?) with Dick Schaap. He'd have some consistent co-hosts like Mike Lupica and Bill Conlin(?). Mitch Albom was another. That show was good. Lupica would get dramatic and uppity at times, but otherwise Schaap was fantastic.
"The Sports Reporters". Yes, it was fantastic. The Chicago sports channel at the time (it's gone through so many iterations I have no idea what it was back then), had a similar show, with local guys, that was also great (although a bit more abrasive, and pretty much everybody smoked cigars throughout).
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.