Would you really trade the Number 1 Pick in the draft?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

I think Godwin could be available - Big base salary there......Evans is older though (but most of his contract is bonuses not base)
Heinz D.
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:03 am At this time, these are the teams needing a QB: Houston, Indy, Atlanta, Carolina, Washington, Tampa Bay, Jets, Saints, Raiders. Others possibly needing one include Seattle and Tennessee. Carr, Garopolo, Brady, maybe Rodgers (depending on his retirement plans) are vets who will be available. There will be buyers if the Bears want to trade down.
And Brady's retiring (well, probably anyway) and Garropolo is hardly an actual long term solution. Absolutely no one knows what Rodgers is going to do, and hard to say if anyone trusts his word--which makes a trade really, really, difficult. Carr will probably end up with the Jets, as they have shown interest in acquiring a vet. Maybe he goes to the Saints, I dunno.

Indy has come right out and said they want a QB BADLY. No way in hell they'll sit at four if they think someone will jump ahead of them to grab the guy they really want. Carolina has made overtures they're of the same frame of mind.

If the Bears want to trade the pick (and that sure seems likely) they will have partners.

I'm willing to make a Pony avatar bet the Bears trade the first pick.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 pm
Grizzled wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:38 pm Trask hasn't impressed so far so I imagine they're going to have to look hard. They might be willing to trade away guys or might be cutting high contracts. Jensen appears to have made a full recovery from his knee injury; he'd make a great piece at C. Mike Evans as a #1 receiver although, obviously, the Bears aren't giving up that first rounder as it stands for him.
Trask really hasn't had a chance.
Not much of one. So does Tampa stand pat or ?
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?