The worm begins to turn....

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

karhu
Head Coach

Pretty cool breakdown the other day in the Athletic about the Hawks' prospect pool. Wheeler puts them at 5th in the league.

https://theathletic.com/4150348/2023/02 ... ings-2023/

Also, add another wrinkle to my misgivings about the logo. I live 2,000 miles from Chicago, next to a rez where I like to buy my gas and such. Went in the other day and the guy behind the counter was decked out in a Toews sweater, Hawks cap, the works. I'm wearing my White Sox cap, so I go "Heyyy!" and point back and forth and such. Thought I had to say something, so I pointed to my chest and blurted out "Looks better on you than it would on me." He laughed, but man, it made me think twice about my decision to keep my Hawks stuff (and my kids') stored away. And it made me regret that I wasn't wearing my Fightin' Whites shirt.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

So why is your Hawk stuff put away?

I could not access the article. I know that had some embarrassing stuff happen (Beach incident) a year or so ago, but hell, I still sport my red and black as soon as the Bears season is over. I am a fan of the team.
karhu
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:36 pm So why is your Hawk stuff put away?

I could not access the article. I know that had some embarrassing stuff happen (Beach incident) a year or so ago, but hell, I still sport my red and black as soon as the Bears season is over. I am a fan of the team.
Put it away because of the Beach stuff, and since my oldest kid is only 10 now, I had to really think about bringing it back out. Which gave me enough time and enough vinegar to really think about the logo.

I've always liked this one.

Get rid of the tomahawks and frame the logo with "Chicago" in Potawatomie and "Black Hawks" in Sac and Fox, and you'd make the best uniform in North American sports exponentially better.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Thought I remember more than one Native American who didn't take offense the 'Redskins' name of Washington's football team. No idea how other Native American sports team names, high school/college/pro, are receivved by them.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:07 pm Thought I remember more than one Native American who didn't take offense the 'Redskins' name of Washington's football team. No idea how other Native American sports team names, high school/college/pro, are receivved by them.
Well, there are lots of NAs in the world, and they're pretty life-like, each with their own opinions and such. Anyone who's looking for a specific take in a population that big (which is to say above one or so) will find it.

To me, it's more important to ask how I want to roll. And I don't want to roll with the logo. Like I told the guy at the gas station, it looks better on him than on me.

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Does anyone like those black jerseys they wore at the outdoor games? I'm trying to decide between the white (which I had as a kid and wore when playing hockey), the red, and the black.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.