Chiefs
55%
Eagles
45%

Total votes: 11
dplank
Hall of Famer

Who you got today?

I’m going Eagles in a close one. I like their DL pressuring Mahomes and keeping their rush attack to a minimum
thunderspirit
Head Coach

It's so hard to go against Mahomes.

But, these games usually come down to who is the most physical, and that's the Eagles. So they're my pick, though I continue to waffle, because Mahomes.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Depends on if Mahomes is 100% fit.
If he is then he wins
If he isn’t fit, the Chiefs are in trouble
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Heinz D.
MVP

The Eagles are going to run over the Chiefs defense all game long. Mahomes has a good game, but the time of possession will be so lopsided that it won't matter.

Eagles, 24-17
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Supposedly the fix is in 37-34 eagles win.
I think the eagles are the better team and believe they will win. But I think the Chiefs are good enough to keep it closer than it should be.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If Minshew was starting the choice would be obvious.

But he's not and that's going to be fatal for Philadelphia.

In all seriousness now, you need a really good reason to pick against Mahomes.

Philly has a good team, but Mahomes has beaten good teams before.

Chiefs win.
Z Bear
MVP

My ex wife is from KC so I am going Eagles.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Man this eagles offense is the fucking blueprint.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yep! They go QB run on a lot of their critical downs. Hurts looks great. Take notes Bears, this is our path.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Slants, chucking up 50/50 balls, and run it down their throat. I love it so much.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

WRs, TE, RBs, QB, everyone of them is pretty explosive. All but Goedert can take it to the house any play. Speed kills.

Love the Eagle OL also. Got to build upfront for shit to go.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Heinz D.
MVP

Heinz D.
MVP

Oh!

And a batshit crazy Super Bowl, by the way!

No way in hell I saw that one coming. And it was a 38-35 game that didn't feel high-scoring? What a fuckin' WEIRD Super Bowl...
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Chiefs really stuck it to them the 2nd half doing anything they wanted on Offense, and just enough on defense.

IDK if the eagles got happy after the first half, but they sure didn't look the same the 2nd.

Great game, the right team won as I can't cheer for anyone willing to sign Suh. Maybe they won't burn philly to the ground, or maybe they will.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I wasn't going to live in the past anymore with Pace's f*up. I actually hoped the Bears would draft Watson. I thought Mahomes was a product of an air raid offense, which usually doesn't translate too well to the pros, Kliff Kingsbury notwithstanding. But it gets harder and harder to see Mahomes' success although the Chiefs are my second team after the Bears (I was born in KC). For those who said Mahomes would have failed with the Bears, perhaps he's the guy who would have elevated the team to succeed.

BTS, anyone notice Matt Nagy in the Chiefs celebratory mob scene immediately after the game? Talk about a delerious guy. Good for him.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

Grizzled wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:41 am
I wasn't going to live in the past anymore with Pace's f*up. I actually hoped the Bears would draft Watson. I thought Mahomes was a product of an air raid offense, which usually doesn't translate too well to the pros, Kliff Kingsbury notwithstanding. But it gets harder and harder to see Mahomes' success although the Chiefs are my second team after the Bears (I was born in KC). For those who said Mahomes would have failed with the Bears, perhaps he's the guy who would have elevated the team to succeed.

BTS, anyone notice Matt Nagy in the Chiefs celebratory mob scene immediately after the game? Talk about a delerious guy. Good for him.
Nagy and Mahomes are incredibly close.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:54 am
Grizzled wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:41 am

Nagy and Mahomes are incredibly close.
I don't know how much actual management Nagy did with Mahomes but certainly Mahomes' performances this year can only reflect positively on Nagy. However, if Nagy is being considered for other jobs (probably OC at this time), it may play against him, i.e. how well will he do without Mahomes? What happened this year won't completely wash away his failures with the Bears although it seems the NFL has a short memory span.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

I imagine Brown's message boards in 2000 were funny and very similar to here when Belichick was hired as the new Pat's coach.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I thought the Eagles outplayed them, but that fumble by Hurts really, really hurt as they could have had a really big halftime lead. Instead they were within striking range and the Chiefs offense played great in the 2nd half.

I didn't like the holding call that ended the game at all. I agree that it was the right call, but in the super bowl they really let guys play and grab and stuff all game long. There were very few flags all day, and I can't believe this was the first infraction of that type all game. For them to throw the flag there and literally end the game on a fairly ticky tack call was an awful way to end things IMO. They should've let it go, as they had done all game long. JMO.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

This was one of my favorite things from last night:

Somehow Andy Reid is the GOAT when it comes to redzone offense. No one will ever understand better than him how to exploit a bunched up defense. I'm putting him in the hall purely for this reason.
wab
Mod

This felt like the most boring high-scoring close super bowl game ever. It sorta just had a "week 12" vibe to it and not the electricity you'd expect from the super bowl.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I enjoyed this SB quite a bit. One of the better ones of late. Lost a $100 unfortunately. Took the Eagles as I got sick of my brother talking shit. Found myself rooting for both teams actually. Hurts kicked ass outside of the fumble. He was impressive.

Eagle D disappeared. No sacks, No TOs. That hurt the Eagles as well.

Toney's punt return was a big play as well.

No problem with the penalty being called there. The DB admitted he held. No matter when it happened, it's a penalty. I think the Eagle D, fumble return for the the TD were the bigger problems for the Eagles.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:45 pm This felt like the most boring high-scoring close super bowl game ever. It sorta just had a "week 12" vibe to it and not the electricity you'd expect from the super bowl.
It was certainly the most boring half-time show ever. It was interminable.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:12 pm
wab wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:45 pm This felt like the most boring high-scoring close super bowl game ever. It sorta just had a "week 12" vibe to it and not the electricity you'd expect from the super bowl.
It was certainly the most boring half-time show ever.
Didn't see.
But, weirdly, I heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it before or after, until this post.

I mean, nothing. Not a word. Had no idea who even did it, until you prodded me to look it up.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

It seemed from the reporting that the HT show was Rhianna getting her pregnant uterus out to prove she’s pregnant.

I had the Jack Dee response “So what?”

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Guys seriously.

Get yourself NFL Gamepass or some way to watch Chiefs games for the next 10 years.

You don’t have to be a fan or anything. Just enjoy good football.

Watch every Mahomes game you can and just soak it up because one day he’s going to retire like The GOAT and that’ll be it.

Burrow is really close to that.

I see Mahomes and it’s Michael Jordan all over again. I hope to say the same thing about JF1 one day.

But during those Jordan years, the Knicks, Heat, Charlotte, Seattle, Utah, Phoenix and a couple others all had teams that could’ve won at least one title but they never got shit.

Jordan wrecked the NBA for a decade.

We’re seeing the same thing here and it’s just getting started. And this is AFTER Mahomes signing the mega deal that eats a bunch of their cap.

What a treat to watch this guy and he’s likeable on top of it.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Yeah all of the above.
I like Mahomes a lot and the other thing I like is that he’s tough. He was clearly impeded by his ankle and he got a first half hit on the injury.
Yet he showed the skill and the mental resilience to lead the team to victory.
I appreciate that, almost as much as incredible plays. That resilience and leadership is a great thing. :clap:

Fields has this in abundance.

LacertineForest
MVP

I'm still in disbelief that the Eagles couldn't get pressure on a gimped Mahomes - not a single sack! How did that actually happen?