Bears release QB Trevor Siemian

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

wulfy
MVP

I think that was fairly obvious that this one was coming.

Siemian must have known also because he put his place in Chicago up for sale right after the season.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I have no idea what Siemian did or didn't do that convinces you he isn't the guy you deliberately signed a year ago or what's so great about PJ Walker.

But this isn't within spyglass distance of the top 20 issues facing the team, so I give it two shrugs up.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wulfy
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:23 pm I have no idea what Siemian did or didn't do that convinces you he isn't the guy you deliberately signed a year ago or what's so great about PJ Walker.

But this isn't within spyglass distance of the top 20 issues facing the team, so I give it two shrugs up.
Agree - it's a non-issue until Fields' ankle gets rolled up on by Adrian Hutchinson.

I do think it's interesting that the coaching staff no longer feels that JF1 needs another veteran voice in the QB Room.

Like we did with Mark Sanchez for Mitch Trubisky ... and then did again with Nick Foles for Mitch Trubisky ... and then did again with Andy Dalton for Nick Foles for Mitch Trubisky. :frustrated:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Didn’t disgrace himself, wish him well :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:22 pm I think that was fairly obvious that this one was coming.

Siemian must have known also because he put his place in Chicago up for sale right after the season.
I know he went to NW. Did he already have a Chicago place or did he buy it for one year?

Crazy that these guys on 2 year deals go and buy a house for basically 6 months of work.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Side note on Greg Gabriel. Don't get me wrong. I really like the guy, and he often has very astute takes, but damn he can be woefully wrong at times too. Here's what he said after the PJ Walker signing:

"I don’t think Walker was signed to be #2 but rather the #3 QB. Simian is still on the roster. What’s nice is he’s another mobile QB"

Oops. lol
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:16 pm Side note on Greg Gabriel. Don't get me wrong. I really like the guy, and he often has very astute takes, but damn he can be woefully wrong at times too. Here's what he said after the PJ Walker signing:

"I don’t think Walker was signed to be #2 but rather the #3 QB. Simian is still on the roster. What’s nice is he’s another mobile QB"

Oops. lol
Look , he occassionally has valuable things to say.

But he's also frequently just an unhinged old man shouting at clouds and tooting his own horn (half the words out of his mouth are an appeal to authority because DID YOU KNOW HE USED TO WORK IN THE LEAGUE?!)
thunderspirit
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:02 pm
Yogi da Bear wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:16 pm Side note on Greg Gabriel. Don't get me wrong. I really like the guy, and he often has very astute takes, but damn he can be woefully wrong at times too. Here's what he said after the PJ Walker signing:

Oops. lol
Look , he occassionally has valuable things to say.

But he's also frequently just an unhinged old man shouting at clouds and tooting his own horn (half the words out of his mouth are an appeal to authority because DID YOU KNOW HE USED TO WORK IN THE LEAGUE?!)
He did? Golly, I didn't know that.
:lol:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
MoFugger
Head Coach

No matter how old I am, I will always remember this moment when I first heard....