Eddie Jackson vs. Mike Brown - The first 6 years

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Burl
Crafty Veteran

Just curious how Eddie stacks up to beloved Bear legend Mike Brown thus far in his career. The numbers are strikingly similar, and considering how much I remember Brown's physicality, I'm a bit surprised he's behind Jackson in a couple of the categories. I know EJ gets mixed reviews around here, but putting it into context of the best Bear Safety I really remember watching, he stacks up pretty nicely.

Mike Brown (2000-2005)
Games Started: 78
INT: 14
PD: 32
FF: 7
TD: 4
TFL: 7
Sacks: 4
Solo tackles: 352

Eddie Jackson (2017-2022)
Games Started: 88
INT: 14
PD: 39
FF: 10
TD: 3
TFL: 14
Sacks: 2
Solo tackles: 323
IE
Hall of Famer

Damn I loved Mike Brown. He's one of my all-time favorite Bears.. he and Peanut are tops with me.

Eddie came roaring back into all-time Bear talk relevance this past season for sure. I DO think he was robbed a time or two over those two "dry" years where his INTs and TDs went to zero. It seems like he's set to continue back on that trend in this defense and his apparent buy-in and leadership under the new regime. That is AWESOME because he's just turned 29. He should have a good number of years left at the top of his game.

Mike Brown retired at 31 but injuries seemed to take a toll on him and he started playing when he was 22 and played 9 years. Eddie didn't start with the Bears until he was 24 and had time off in college too due to injury. He's only played 5 years and if he can stay fit & healthy I see no reason he can't play 5 more years for the Bears with most of that at his current level.

:party:
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm blown away Eddie Jackson's numbers are that similar to Mike Brown.

#30 was an all-time favorite Bear of mine.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

I'll wait until Eddie's career/Bears tenure is up before comparing to Mike Brown. Brown would be one of the best safeties in NFL history if he could've stayed healthy, but his body betrayed him. He lost so much time and opportunity to injury, and it's an incredible shame, because he was so fun to watch.