UOK
Site Admin

OK then
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My Sox fan friends are 7th heaven.
UOK
Site Admin

Sounds like they're promoting from within and hiring some KC Royals exec. Jerry Reinsdorf needs to sell.
karhu
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:21 pm Sounds like they're promoting from within and hiring some KC Royals exec. Jerry Reinsdorf needs to sell.
Good news is that we're hiring Chris Getz, who's been running our [checks notes] farm system for the last five years or so.

Goddammit.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
karhu
Head Coach

I don't know why I'm so pissed off about something everyone saw coming. But I am. 40% of this city's major sports teams are being held hostage by an elderly idiot who's too stupid to learn from his failures or his successes.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
UOK
Site Admin

karhu wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:40 pm I don't know why I'm so pissed off about something everyone saw coming. But I am. 40% of this city's major sports teams are being held hostage by an elderly idiot who's too stupid to learn from his failures or his successes.
I feel for Sox fans. I used to be a bitter Cubs asshole who enjoyed the White Sox misfortunes, but after 20+ years of Reinsdorf self-sabotaging the Bulls and White Sox with his cronyism, it's now just sad. The White Sox being discussed as relocated? Seriously? Heritage franchise of the sport and they're thinking Nashville??!

Nothing against Nashville, but come the hell on.
UOK
Site Admin

Listening to Getz' on WSCR, the guy sounds like he's in way, way, way over his head. This is a disaster.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:12 pm My Sox fan friends are 7th heaven.
Now they are right back in hell. All complain that this is the guy who was heading up the team's failed minor league system. These people want Reinsdorf to either sell the team or die.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:40 pm I don't know why I'm so pissed off about something everyone saw coming. But I am. 40% of this city's major sports teams are being held hostage by an elderly idiot who's too stupid to learn from his failures or his successes.
right there with you

and instead of a refresh, the Sox look like they will be a clown show
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wonder how much influence idiot assed caveman LaRussa had in trading Dylan Cease to San Diego for basically nothing?

Reporter : "Cease was a solid innings grinding part of the Sox rotation, so why would he be traded rather than accepted as a building block?"

LaRussa : "He simply doesn't look like the pitcher he needs to be. I don't like that moustache."

Reporter : "um ......
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin