venue: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
television: CBS
radio: ESPN 1000
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (0-3)
DENVER BRONCOS (0-3)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Broncos 29
Bears 17

Feels like the boobirds will be out in Soldier early and often on Sunday, with the only offense coming off of a fluke play and Broncos mishaps.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Broncos defense just had a 70-burger hung on them by Miami. There will be no better example of the ineptitude of this offense as when Denver holds the Bears to under 17 points. With most of the scores being FG's, and a TD in garbage time. The Bears defense will struggle, and continue to provide ZERO pressure on the QB, effectively giving Russell Wilson all day to throw. This will be another example of how poorly Matt Eberflus has this team prepared to play an NFL football game, and how totally dysfunctional the whole organization is. It will be the beginning of the end of the coaching staff, and after the complete undressing of the Bears against the Minnesota Vikings at home in week six, the staff will be fired midseason for the first time in Bears history. This game will be the beginning of the end.

Broncos - 31
Bears - 16
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well Sean Payton is pissed. He is a very good coach who will get his team to rise up for this Toilet Bowl. I think the Bronc players will come in with more passion, intensity and drive than the Bears. Not sure Eebz can get a team in a frenzy. I believe Payton will be of the mindset, "I have to embarrass them" to feel good about himself.

Another uninspiring performance by the entire Bears team. It may be the start of something us fans have never seen, getting Eebz fired in season.

Broncs 31

Bears 10
G08
Hall of Famer

Was having a private chat with @wab about this earlier today... I think these next two games in a 5 day span (Sun and Thurs) will either help us get off the schneid or will plunge us further into the depths of football hell.

Dave Wannestdt said in his experience what happens in the Sunday game tends to bleed into the Thursday game since you have no time to officially reset. So a win here and a win in Washington would be much welcomed heading into a 10 day break before we play the Vikings at home. 2-3 sounds a hell of a lot better than 0-5.

They can't stop the run and we would be fools to not exploit that weakness while shortening the game. I think Justin hits Moore deep on a PA TD and rushes for 78 yards. Defense plays fine, nothing special, but progress is noted. Maybe an INT from Edmunds.

Bears - 24
Broncos - 20
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

One team picks itself up off the mat and beats an opponent who should be beaten. Denver will rebound:

Broncos: 27
Bears: 13

I'm just wondering how long until the booing and 'Fire Flus' and 'Bagent' chants start.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 am One team picks itself up off the mat and beats an opponent who should be beaten. Denver will rebound:

I'm just wondering how long until the booing and 'Fire Flus' and 'Bagent' chants start.
Oh...if they come out again and look like they did against KC. This game for sure. "FIRE FLUS!" will be echoing throughout Soldier Field. What will be telling will be which QB is active for Sunday's game. Is it Peterman or Bagent. If it's Bagent, then the hook is coming for Justin, and Flus & Getsy are going to try and throw a Hail Mary to save their skins. If he's dressed on the sidelines you will start to hear "BAY-GENT...BAY-GENT" pretty quickly if Justin struggles. We are officially in NFL hell.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:59 am Well Sean Payton is pissed. He is a very good coach who will get his team to rise up for this Toilet Bowl. I think the Bronc players will come in with more passion, intensity and drive than the Bears. Not sure Eebz can get a team in a frenzy. I believe Payton will be of the mindset, "I have to embarrass them" to feel good about himself.

Another uninspiring performance by the entire Bears team. It may be the start of something us fans have never seen, getting Eebz fired in season.

Broncs 31

Bears 10
Toilet Bowl is a good phrase for this.

Tank it for Williams.

Broncos 37
Bears 13
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:17 am We are officially in NFL hell.
Seems to have been the Bears motto most years I've been a fan.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
artbest01
Crafty Veteran

Sean Payton has to be salivating at the thought of facing the Bears' non-existent defense. As for the Broncos defense, it's coming off a historically inept afternoon. It has to be thinking about getting well against a laughably dysfunctional Bear offense.

Broncos 38
Bears 16
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Broncos 21
Bears 16
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:17 am
Grizzled wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 am One team picks itself up off the mat and beats an opponent who should be beaten. Denver will rebound:

Oh...if they come out again and look like they did against KC. This game for sure. "FIRE FLUS!" will be echoing throughout Soldier Field. What will be telling will be which QB is active for Sunday's game. Is it Peterman or Bagent. If it's Bagent, then the hook is coming for Justin, and Flus & Getsy are going to try and throw a Hail Mary to save their skins. If he's dressed on the sidelines you will start to hear "BAY-GENT...BAY-GENT" pretty quickly if Justin struggles. We are officially in NFL hell.
I don’t agree with the NFL hell idea.

In 2024 it’s entirely likely that we have two top five picks with a great chance one of them is #1. We then have about $100M in cap space.

That accomplishes a lot.

This is nowhere near Fox, Trestman, or Wannstedt territory.

I’d also rather be at this point right now than in the last two years of McNagy.

I want a playoff team or the shittiest team in the league. I do not want mediocrity.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Bears 39
Broncos 6
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

UOK
Site Admin

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:50 am Bears 39
Broncos 6
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Broncos 17
Bears 9

A washed up WIlson versus a clueless Fields....
I heard my neighbor is painting his fence on Sunday, I will probablz watch it dry
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Both the Bears and the Broncos have this weekend circled on their calendars with the word "slumpbuster" written in red sharpie.

What we have here is a classic Aliens vs Predator matchup:

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Shadow wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:35 am Broncos 17
Bears 9

I heard my neighbor is painting his fence on Sunday, I will probablz watch it dry
I don’t give a shit what the score is. I don’t care if we lose to the Packers in the Super Bowl. I would never choose to spend time with my mother-in-law over watching a Bears game.
wab
Mod

I think the Bears win this one. It'll be one of those wins that doesn't feel like a win and doesn't really inspire much confidence.

Bears 20
Broncos 19
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:04 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:50 am Bears 39
Broncos 6

13 Field goals for Cairo :clap:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 am
Shadow wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:35 am Broncos 17
Bears 9

I don’t give a shit what the score is. I don’t care if we lose to the Packers in the Super Bowl. I would never choose to spend time with my mother-in-law over watching a Bears game.

I would in a second. My mother in law was an awesome woman. Miss her dearly.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Broncos 31 Bears 13

Damn its hard to pick them to lose all the time.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Z Bear
MVP

In case anyone was wondering the fire Flus and start Bagent chants were happening in Arrowhead. I think Flus lost any support when he kicked a field goal on the 3 yard line down 41-0.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

ah, a game perfectly made for the toilet ... a festering moist pile of excrement waiting to be flushed ... only chance the Bears may have is if they wear their idiot orange unis again in an attempt to confuse the Broncos

this may actually be a closer game than expected, but due more to repeated errors on both sides rather than any stellar play ... that said, neither deserves to win ... and neither will ... in a sloppy mistake prone turnover fest that extends to OT, I say :

Broncos 20
Bears 20

Fields throws 3 ints, Wilson 2 ... 6 fumbles, 3 by each team ... each defense scores a TD

G08 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:08 amDave Wannestdt said in his experience what happens in the Sunday game tends to bleed into the Thursday game since you have no time to officially reset.
Dave Wannstedt is a perfect example of a coach/former coach being able to talk a good game but when required to put his knowledge into practice fails completely ... whch I guess makes him a perfect pretender to be a talking head for the Bears ... the Bears suck and so does he ... a match made in hell
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

LacertineForest
MVP

Bears 21
Broncos 27
UOK
Site Admin

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:06 am
UOK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:04 am

13 Field goals for Cairo :clap:
You are the winner of the first ever...(and I present this in love and warmth)

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Broncos 24
Bears 7
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Broncos 24
Bears 13
otis
Pro Bowler

broncs 26 bears 12. payton will out couch flus and be the slumdog millionare! but claypool will have a good game and be traded for a 4th. and the tank will be on
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

From nfl.com...
NFL Power Rankings, Week 4

Rank 31: Denver Broncos

It’s hard to know where to start. Denver has lost games by one, two and 50 points. The talk has now temporarily shifted from the Sean Payton-Russell Wilson relationship to whatever in the world is happening with the defense. In Week 1, that unit played well enough to win. In Week 2, Sam Howell carved Denver up. Week 3 was just an ambush, the likes of which we’ve not seen in many, many years. Would you believe that the Broncos have the sixth-most-expensive defense in the NFL, per Over the Cap? Wilson and the passing game have done some nice things, but not nice enough to overcome that. The defense needs to straighten out fast.

Rank 32: Chicago Bears

There have been better weeks in franchise history. Justin Fields seemed to throw the coaching staff under the bus before clarifying that he wasn’t blaming anything on the coaches, and then he struggled to get loose again in Sunday’s 31-point loss. The defense, now run by head coach Matt Eberflus after Alan Williams resigned, was even worse. The good news is that in Week 4 the Bears face another 0-3 team, one that lost by a bigger margin on Sunday. But if the Bears fall to the Broncos this Sunday, it will be hard to blame fans if they want to start thinking about going into hibernation until draft season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rank ... nfl-season