17%
Chiefs @
12%
Bills
15%

Total votes: 60
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

All Allen had to do was throw it underneath, but he HAD to go for it all. Brutal.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Patrick Mahomes. 6 years as starter = 6 AFC Championship games.
docc
Head Coach

he's pretty good..on a pretty good team.. 8-)
docc
Head Coach

Amazing games this weekend..enjoyed them..and of course..da puke loss..
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

So again, all the narrative that the chiefs were poor, Nagy was hosing them, lack of talent. Where are those voices now?

Predicting a niners chiefs Super Bowl.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Xee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:31 pm
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:31 pm

So did we draft slow players?

I think it’s coaching and coaching is being played down in the enthusiasm to draft a shiny new can’t fail QB.
How do you ever know which it is? I feel you can argue either side depending on which side you're trying to defend.
If they were slow players, you’d think it wild show up at the combine or something
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

spudbear
MVP

I wish they could invent a Swift-mute button. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE QUEEN SWIFTY GETTING EXCITED AT THE GAME! I had just gotten over my sorrow of the Bears missing out on Mahomes, enjoying how the Chiefs could score points, and then we get this crap. At least she got booed before the game. Poor Bills, they keep coming close but can't best baby GOAT.

- It's a shame Allen didn't play defense too.
- Even if the kick had not gone wide right it felt like Mahomes would still lead them to a walkoff FG. Pacheco and Rice are a dangerous scoring duo.
- Does Mayfield get a big payday now? If not with TB then probably somebody else.
- Lions D is still suspect. They will have a hard time keeping up with SF's scoring.
- Glad Purdy finally woke up at the end. Opposing teams are starting to figure him out. Losing Samuels will be difficult for them.
- On paper the Pukers D should suck but they apparently rise to the occasion. I'll be curious to see what they do in the offseason.
- If Stroud ever gets a decent OL, watch out. He doesn't need elite receivers to pass the ball downfield. Houston did well considering they played two of the best defenses in the playoffs back to back and made a decent show of it.

- Are the Baltimore Ravens the blueprint that Poles uses? Except for the 3-4 defense, maybe. I'd like to see the Bears get stronger in the trenches like Baltimore.

While the Baltimore-KC game looks to be epic, I have a hunch the Baltimore D will make life miserable for Mahomes. Similarly, it feels like the Niners will blow out the Lions.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The 9ers looked a little iffy on Saturday. I am not sure they blow out the Lions. Actually, I think the Lions can win that game.

I believe the Bucs keep Baker. Why not? Not sure they want to redo the entire O by bringing in a new QB. I believe Baker wants to stay put as well.

While I have rooted for Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs the past 6 yrs, that ended yesterday. I was really hoping for a Bills win. Kind of soured on Mahomes after his idiotic rant over the offsides call. I want to see Baltimore kick KC's ass (plus I have money on Baltimore to win it all). I still like watching KC play, but want to see Baltimore in the SB.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Couple good videos in the link. One of Campbell after the game and one of Barnes, LB with big INT. Gotta pull for these guys man.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/a- ... f8741&ei=4
wab
Mod

I think the Lions can definitely beat the Niners. They are on a roll.

Baltimore is going to be a tough out. I'm looking at Ravens/Lions with the Ravens winning.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I thought the ravens looked pretty suspect for 3/4 of the game vs a very overmatched Texans team.

Niners played tight for 3/4 of the game as well, I just can’t see them not beating a team that was handled by the bears.

The chiefs seem to be peaking at the absolute best time and their defense is very good as well, hard to bet against Mahomes, especially given Jackson’s past struggles in the playoffs.
Xee
Site Admin

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:22 am
Xee wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:31 pm

How do you ever know which it is? I feel you can argue either side depending on which side you're trying to defend.
If they were slow players, you’d think it wild show up at the combine or something
Claypool was just one of many guys who had all the metrics you want but never could put it together on the field. It became very clear by his third team it was a him problem and not a coaching problem. I’m just saying, if you’re that first team, without being able to look into the future, sometime it’s not so clear.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I want the Fairy Tale ending of Detroit winning the whole thing.

Have them beat Mahomes for the cherry on top.

Then Hollywood will definitely make a movie about this. I need another good football movie besides Draft Day and The Longest Yard.
I Take The Field With Fields

LacertineForest
MVP

As much as I like Detroit having some playoff success, I also can't bring myself to want them to win a SB (mostly because it would highlight just how shitty of a franchise the Bears have been if a team that hadn't won the division for 33 years has the same number of SB wins as the beloved).

I'm thinking we're getting a Ravens / 49ers rematch, with the Ravens taking the whole thing. It's hard to bet against Mahomes, but the Ravens are at home and just really damn good. I don't think the Lions have enough to take down SF, but we'll see. Should be entertaining.
wab
Mod

I don't think Detroit can beat wither KC or Baltimore. I do think they can beat San Fran though.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

LacertineForest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:51 pm As much as I like Detroit having some playoff success, I also can't bring myself to want them to win a SB (mostly because it would highlight just how shitty of a franchise the Bears have been if a team that hadn't won the division for 33 years has the same number of SB wins as the beloved).

I'm thinking we're getting a Ravens / 49ers rematch, with the Ravens taking the whole thing. It's hard to bet against Mahomes, but the Ravens are at home and just really damn good. I don't think the Lions have enough to take down SF, but we'll see. Should be entertaining.

And you think people do not know this has been a shitty organization? People know this has been a trainwreck for awhile. Throw in a good year every now and then, but it has been a shitty organization. it is no secret.
Xee
Site Admin

I personally don’t have any beef with Detroit and hope they win the whole thing just because it would be their first. I can’t imagine what downtown Detroit would look like if that happened.
spudbear
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:11 pm I thought the ravens looked pretty suspect for 3/4 of the game vs a very overmatched Texans team.

Niners played tight for 3/4 of the game as well, I just can’t see them not beating a team that was handled by the bears.

The chiefs seem to be peaking at the absolute best time and their defense is very good as well, hard to bet against Mahomes, especially given Jackson’s past struggles in the playoffs.
Was that the combination of having a week off and losing an "edge" as well as generally playing tight as the #1 seed? You work so hard during the season to earn the bye, but then you get it and may not handle it correctly. All you hear for two weeks is how this is YOUR year to win it all. Still have to prove it out in the field. Chiefs D rose to the occasion, the Bills D couldn't seem to make the stops when they needed to, and they were playing without some key guys as well. Still a close game.

I'm not convinced the Lions D is championship level.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
wab
Mod

Xee wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:02 pm I personally don’t have any beef with Detroit and hope they win the whole thing just because it would be their first. I can’t imagine what downtown Detroit would look like if that happened.
Same.

Having the champion in the same division makes things more interesting too. Not only would the Bears need to get the Packers monkey of their backs, they'd have to face the champs twice.

If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best...and all that jazz.
LacertineForest
MVP

Otis Day wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:38 pm
LacertineForest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:51 pm As much as I like Detroit having some playoff success, I also can't bring myself to want them to win a SB (mostly because it would highlight just how shitty of a franchise the Bears have been if a team that hadn't won the division for 33 years has the same number of SB wins as the beloved).

And you think people do not know this has been a shitty organization? People know this has been a trainwreck for awhile. Throw in a good year every now and then, but it has been a shitty organization. it is no secret.
Oh, I agree with that, but there's something psychologically satisfying to me about there being even shittier organizations out there...Detroit being one of them.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I can't believe some of you. I hope our division rivals are crushed by that shit bag team from San Fran.

Much more interested in the Ravens Chiefs game. I'm pulling for the Ravens, but think the Chiefs are gonna win. Should be a classic.
Xee
Site Admin

HurricaneBear wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:50 pm I can't believe some of you. I hope our division rivals are crushed by that shit bag team from San Fran.

Much more interested in the Ravens Chiefs game. I'm pulling for the Ravens, but think the Chiefs are gonna win. Should be a classic.
For now I still see the Lions as underdogs who have been beaten into the ground for most of their existence so it's hard not to feel bad of them and thus, want to root for them. Part of me still thinks they'll lose in some mind-boggling mixture of bad luck and miracle plays by their opponents.
spudbear
MVP

Xee wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:58 pm
HurricaneBear wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:50 pm I can't believe some of you. I hope our division rivals are crushed by that shit bag team from San Fran.

For now I still see the Lions as underdogs who have been beaten into the ground for most of their existence so it's hard not to feel bad of them and thus, want to root for them. Part of me still thinks they'll lose in some mind-boggling mixture of bad luck and miracle plays by their opponents.
Late in the game, the Lions are down by three, they're at the five yard line 4th and goal. The extra tackle comes in and reports as eligible, he lines up slightly offsides but the play resulted in a TD. Campbell goes running onto the field screaming at the ref and gets a 15 yard misconduct penalty. Campbell still decides to go for the TD, Goff throws a strike and scores but it's called back due to illegal motion penalty. Campbell brings on the FG unit only the kick doinks off the sidebar. But only one doink.

[very funny to hear the Lions crowd cheer when they announced the tackle reporting as eligible during the last game]

George Halas