RIP Toby Keith

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Died yesterday after a bout with stomach cancer. I like his older stuff better. I was not a big fan of the Red Solo Cup song and some of his other drinking songs. I saw an episode of Sammy Hagar's Rock n Roll Road Trip that featured keith. Pretty good show. Helluva mansion and he turned an old filling station into his man cave bar.

He wrote a song years ago for his buddy, Waymon Tisdale, after he died. Touching song. I had seen Waymon Tisdale in concert. After bball he pursued a career in jazz. He was a helluva bass player.
wab
Mod

Damn, I didn't know he passed. His transition into drinking songs was weird, but I enjoyed his older stuff as well.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Yeah, cancer sucks.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:59 am Died yesterday after a bout with stomach cancer. I like his older stuff better. I was not a big fan of the Red Solo Cup song and some of his other drinking songs. I saw an episode of Sammy Hagar's Rock n Roll Road Trip that featured keith. Pretty good show. Helluva mansion and he turned an old filling station into his man cave bar.

He wrote a song years ago for his buddy, Waymon Tisdale, after he died. Touching song. I had seen Waymon Tisdale in concert. After bball he pursued a career in jazz. He was a helluva bass player.
That was the first song I queued up when I read the news this morning.

I have several of his songs in my play lists. I put him in with Travis Tritt and Joe Diffie, among others...

Rip Toby!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!