2024 HBCU

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

You and I are possibly the only ones who care about this. :lol:

I did look at these on Tuesday. Interesting that we have measurements and testing for just a handful of the bowl game participants.

If the Bears didn't have the Panthers' pick this year, Davius Richard would be my Annual UDFA Guy to Sign Please. (Last year's was Tyson Bagent, in fact, though I thought he'd get drafted; but previous years were Chase Garbers [2022], Brady White [2021], Tyler Huntley [2020], and Luis Perez [2018], so I have no particular affinity for it, just guys I end up obsessed with, LOL.)

Not many of the rest had a ton of production at the FCS level, so that's a little disappointing — you'd like to see guys really blow up at that level, but then they'd have a shot at higher-quality showcase bowls if they did it for multiple seasons. (Richard was invited to the Hula Bowl.)

Darrian Brokenburr has some agility but was sick at the testing, so I suspect he's a little better than his times suggest. Still just a UDFA, not someone I'd spend draft capital on. And the one other guy who has legit NFL size, speed, and all-around athleticism — John Huggins — was dismssed from Florida for numerous incidents which would make my interest absolute zero.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
bearsoldier
Assistant Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:04 pm You and I are possibly the only ones who care about this. :lol:
Add 1 more... :ugeek: Thanks for sharing this Moriarty.

Jackson State Safety, John Huggins, has some nice burst.

[media]https://www.nfl.com/videos/s-john-huggi ... cu-combine[/media]

Stumbled upon this when looking for tape on Huggins... Too bad he seems to be a POS as his character is a major red flag.
“Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” - Mike Ditka
karhu
Head Coach

I just went back to the HBCU combine results, and yeah. Lots of terrific college players there, but no one jumped out at me (Huggins was never a consideration). It'd be down to a developmental guy, probably at QB or OL.

Ah, well. Saves me from a repeat of the year I wanted Jequez Ezzard.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.