TMP's Post JF1 Mock Draft Of Heresy

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Post Reply
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 910 times
Been thanked: 1294 times

No I have not changed my mind about keeping JF1.

HOWEVER....

I've been doing more reading and watching about Daniels because I've ignored him thus far and I'm sold on the guy. I'd be fine with either him or Maye.

Without further ado....

Keep in mind that this mock does not factor in any picks obtained from trading JF1. What I'm telling myself here is that given my Trade Down Draft A QB Anyway strategy is that I would be fine taking a higher round pick in 2025 for JF1 v a lower round pick in 2024.

Starting off with the 1, I'm convinced that Trade Down QB + Additional Support > Caleb Williams.

With the hypothetical that I'd be moving on from JF1 :( I did not want to trade down lower than 3 to guarantee one of either Maye or Daniels.

I traded with Washington down to 2 (They took Williams.) and then down to 3 with NE (They took Maye.)

I got my guy Daniels at 3.

Odunze was sitting there at 9 which was the biggest No Brainer of this whole thing.

Drafted EJax's replacement, Kinchens the top rated safety, with a trade down pick.

Given that after Moore the cupboard is bare at WR and I have no intention of paying Mooney taking a 2nd WR was easy. Say hello to McConkey.

From there I knew I wanted a RB because I believe in drafting one every couple of years to refresh the stable with a fresh set of legs. Benson was a stud at Florida State so I'm happy here.

The rest of the draft is BPA. The LB may look out of place with Edwards and Edmunds, however Jack Sanborn is an Urban Legend and nothing more. While I know we have Sewell from last year, Trotter is a legit prospect and I'm fine adding quality players instead of forcing a pick of a lower prospect based on need.

This draft also gives me Washington's 25R1 and NE's 25R2 so in 25 we'd have 2 firsts and 2 seconds while our QB and both Ts on rookie contracts so we have a lot of flexibility here.

Edit: I deliberately ignored C and DE thinking that Poles was going to address these in FA.


Image
Image
User avatar
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach
Posts: 4039
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 902 times

I like Fields better than Maye or Daniels to be honest.

Caleb has the potential to elevate that position, but Mitch (Maye) and Daniels are just treading water.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Image
User avatar
Grizzled
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Good draft if it unfolds as you say. Coleman's a tank. Carter is underrated. Orhorhoro would be an excellent pick also. I know the Bears need WRs but I'd like to see a C in the 2nd if they get those picks. I'm afraid, the way Odunze hit it out of the park at the combine with his interviews and then his testing, the odds are getting very slim he'll still be there at 9.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
cblaz11
MVP
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:02 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Just to be clear…we’re trading Fields and passing on Caleb? Lol

Rome…I just don’t see it…solid player but I don’t see anything that makes this guy a top 10 pick.

I see Kichens falling into the 3rd/4th based on his combine but who knows…I like the player

I love your last 4 picks
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Posts: 11038
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 517 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:32 am No I have not changed my mind about keeping JF1.

HOWEVER....

I've been doing more reading and watching about Daniels because I've ignored him thus far and I'm sold on the guy. I'd be fine with either him or Maye.

Without further ado....

Keep in mind that this mock does not factor in any picks obtained from trading JF1. What I'm telling myself here is that given my Trade Down Draft A QB Anyway strategy is that I would be fine taking a higher round pick in 2025 for JF1 v a lower round pick in 2024.

Starting off with the 1, I'm convinced that Trade Down QB + Additional Support > Caleb Williams.

With the hypothetical that I'd be moving on from JF1 :( I did not want to trade down lower than 3 to guarantee one of either Maye or Daniels.

I traded with Washington down to 2 (They took Williams.) and then down to 3 with NE (They took Maye.)

I got my guy Daniels at 3.

Odunze was sitting there at 9 which was the biggest No Brainer of this whole thing.

Drafted EJax's replacement, Kinchens the top rated safety, with a trade down pick.

Given that after Moore the cupboard is bare at WR and I have no intention of paying Mooney taking a 2nd WR was easy. Say hello to McConkey.

From there I knew I wanted a RB because I believe in drafting one every couple of years to refresh the stable with a fresh set of legs. Benson was a stud at Florida State so I'm happy here.

The rest of the draft is BPA. The LB may look out of place with Edwards and Edmunds, however Jack Sanborn is an Urban Legend and nothing more. While I know we have Sewell from last year, Trotter is a legit prospect and I'm fine adding quality players instead of forcing a pick of a lower prospect based on need.

This draft also gives me Washington's 25R1 and NE's 25R2 so in 25 we'd have 2 firsts and 2 seconds while our QB and both Ts on rookie contracts so we have a lot of flexibility here.

Edit: I deliberately ignored C and DE thinking that Poles was going to address these in FA.


Image
How do you cut and paste that into the post. I tried it and it didn't work.

I like that draft.
Image
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 910 times
Been thanked: 1294 times

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:01 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:32 am No I have not changed my mind about keeping JF1.

HOWEVER....

I've been doing more reading and watching about Daniels because I've ignored him thus far and I'm sold on the guy. I'd be fine with either him or Maye.

Without further ado....

Keep in mind that this mock does not factor in any picks obtained from trading JF1. What I'm telling myself here is that given my Trade Down Draft A QB Anyway strategy is that I would be fine taking a higher round pick in 2025 for JF1 v a lower round pick in 2024.

Starting off with the 1, I'm convinced that Trade Down QB + Additional Support > Caleb Williams.

With the hypothetical that I'd be moving on from JF1 :( I did not want to trade down lower than 3 to guarantee one of either Maye or Daniels.

I traded with Washington down to 2 (They took Williams.) and then down to 3 with NE (They took Maye.)

I got my guy Daniels at 3.

Odunze was sitting there at 9 which was the biggest No Brainer of this whole thing.

Drafted EJax's replacement, Kinchens the top rated safety, with a trade down pick.

Given that after Moore the cupboard is bare at WR and I have no intention of paying Mooney taking a 2nd WR was easy. Say hello to McConkey.

From there I knew I wanted a RB because I believe in drafting one every couple of years to refresh the stable with a fresh set of legs. Benson was a stud at Florida State so I'm happy here.

The rest of the draft is BPA. The LB may look out of place with Edwards and Edmunds, however Jack Sanborn is an Urban Legend and nothing more. While I know we have Sewell from last year, Trotter is a legit prospect and I'm fine adding quality players instead of forcing a pick of a lower prospect based on need.

This draft also gives me Washington's 25R1 and NE's 25R2 so in 25 we'd have 2 firsts and 2 seconds while our QB and both Ts on rookie contracts so we have a lot of flexibility here.

Edit: I deliberately ignored C and DE thinking that Poles was going to address these in FA.


Image
How do you cut and paste that into the post. I tried it and it didn't work.

I like that draft.
Create an Imgur account.

Upload the image there then use the Direct Link option to copy paste here.
Image
User avatar
Grizzled
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 509 times

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:20 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:01 pm

How do you cut and paste that into the post. I tried it and it didn't work.

I like that draft.
Create an Imgur account.

Upload the image there then use the Direct Link option to copy paste here.
Or (showing my age), save the image to your computer and upload as an attachment in the full editor.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
RichH55
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7995
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 516 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Grizzled wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 am Good draft if it unfolds as you say. Coleman's a tank. Carter is underrated. Orhorhoro would be an excellent pick also. I know the Bears need WRs but I'd like to see a C in the 2nd if they get those picks. I'm afraid, the way Odunze hit it out of the park at the combine with his interviews and then his testing, the odds are getting very slim he'll still be there at 9.
I wasn't that much a fan of Coleman at Senior Bowl week- though maybe thats because he's Guard only and they gave him some Tackle reps
User avatar
Grizzled
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 509 times

RichH55 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:44 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 am Good draft if it unfolds as you say. Coleman's a tank. Carter is underrated. Orhorhoro would be an excellent pick also. I know the Bears need WRs but I'd like to see a C in the 2nd if they get those picks. I'm afraid, the way Odunze hit it out of the park at the combine with his interviews and then his testing, the odds are getting very slim he'll still be there at 9.
I wasn't that much a fan of Coleman at Senior Bowl week- though maybe thats because he's Guard only and they gave him some Tackle reps
I thought he played T at TCU. But I'd want him for G for the Bears.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
User avatar
thunderspirit
Head Coach
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm
Location: Greater Chicagoland, IL
Has thanked: 619 times
Been thanked: 617 times

Grizzled wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:03 pm
RichH55 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:44 pm

I wasn't that much a fan of Coleman at Senior Bowl week- though maybe thats because he's Guard only and they gave him some Tackle reps
I thought he played T at TCU. But I'd want him for G for the Bears.
He played both LG and LT over his starts at TCU. He was quite a bit better at LT in 2022 than he was in 2023 (which may be moire indicative of Max Duggan at QB in 2022 than anything).
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
RichH55
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7995
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 516 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Grizzled wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:03 pm
RichH55 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:44 pm

I wasn't that much a fan of Coleman at Senior Bowl week- though maybe thats because he's Guard only and they gave him some Tackle reps
I thought he played T at TCU. But I'd want him for G for the Bears.
Yeah - I meant he can't play Tackle in the Pros. He did get a bit better as the week went on - but he had a LOT of 1 on 1 losses on Day 1. He didn't look great in general
User avatar
Grizzled
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 509 times

RichH55 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:37 pm
Grizzled wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:03 pm

I thought he played T at TCU. But I'd want him for G for the Bears.
Yeah - I meant he can't play Tackle in the Pros. He did get a bit better as the week went on - but he had a LOT of 1 on 1 losses on Day 1. He didn't look great in general
Even at guard?
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Posts: 11038
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 517 times

I think this is where I am at with the draft and Caleb Williams. Even if his name wasn't Caleb Williams, and he was a 6'4" QB wonder kid, I still wouldn't want him. This team is not 1 QB from being a good team. We have a lot of holes to fill if we are going to be competitive next year; QB, OG, OC, TE, WR, S, and depending on what happens with JJ...CB. Holding the #1 pick in the NFL draft allows you to go out and get those pieces, by trading the pick and accumulating draft capital, or key players. This draft is deep in some key positions. And by drafting Caleb Williams #1 you are foregoing A LOT of really good players. You are betting the farm on one player, hoping that he can elevate the play of the team around him. Despite what I think of Williams, he won't be able to do that. If we draft Williams, I would not be shocked if we had a worse record next year than the last.
Image
User avatar
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 pm
Has thanked: 682 times
Been thanked: 186 times

If Poles is all about Daniels, I'd take this draft all day.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Post Reply