Rashee Rice sought by police

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Report: Police believe car registered to Rashee Rice was street racing before crash

Police continue to search for Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice after a car registered to him was involved in a major accident on Saturday.

According to WFAA.com, police believe the car registered to Rice was street racing with another car on the Central Expressway in Dallas. The two cars involved in the accident were a Corvette and a Lamborghini. The Lamborghini swerved into the shoulder and hit a dividing wall. That sparked a chain reaction, with six total vehicles involved in the crash.

Police say the occupants of the Corvette and Lamborghini ran from the scene. Rice has not yet been named a suspect.

Full article: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... n%20Dallas.
Other articles on this story:

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/31/first-ph ... ing-scene/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/a ... hiefs.html

Obviously details are still emerging, but the implication appears to be that he was racing and fled the scene because he was driving under the influence. Fortunately nobody seems to have been seriously injured or worse.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

It's been reported that a witness saw one of the men take 'guns and bags from the vehicles' before leaving the scene.

There's also this:
A woman involved in the collision - identified as 27-year-old Kayla Quinn - said the accident put her four-year-old son in danger and the men speeding walked away from the crash site without sympathy.

'No one stopped,' Quinn said to the DMN. 'We had children, like, we had kids, you know what I’m saying?

'It’s the fact that there was no sympathy shown to where y’all can even have the decency to stop and check to make sure someone’s OK, someone’s alive, you know?

'I’m just blessed that I was able to walk out of there because it could have been so much worse.'

Quinn's son was checked out by paramedics at the scene of the accident and was deemed to be alright.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/a ... crash.html
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Rice has retained counsel. Texas law cites the person behind the wheel, not the vehicle's owner. Rice might have been a passenger, not the driver although he supposedly fled the scene.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

It’s a bad look, any way it shakes out.

I suspect not much will come of it.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:14 am It’s a bad look, any way it shakes out.

I suspect not much will come of it.
At even odds? I would bet heavily he gets exposed and charged with something.

Actual penalties?
Probably disgustingly light. Fine, probation, and 2 game suspension is my bet.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

What is it with NFL players and racing cars?

Go to a f-kin race track if you want to race, you have the money to hire the track.

Stop putting other less fortunate innocent civilians in mortal danger with your f-kin toys.

Honestly, must be some of the dumbest fucks on the planet.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dplank
Hall of Famer

Looks like I95 between Miami and West Palm Beach - I see these fools doing this shit all the time. The penalties need to be significantly more severe IMO, people die from this stupidity all the time. This was middle of the day on a crowded road, not some late night street race on an empty street. It's unacceptable.
wab
Mod

This f'd up traffic so bad here on Saturday. I see this a lot on the Dallas North Tollway, but I75 is already dangerous enough that people generally avoid racing on it.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

It’s about time GMs and owners grew a pair and cut these bastards.

Sorry but this stuff really annoys me and they don’t deserve the money and adulation they get if they can’t behave.

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:54 am It’s about time GMs and owners grew a pair and cut these bastards.

Sorry but this stuff really annoys me and they don’t deserve the money and adulation they get if they can’t behave.
If Rice was a fringe roster guy, he probably would already have been cut, no matter the outcome, being charged or no.

Guys who play are looked at very differently, though. Same as it ever was.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:54 am It’s about time GMs and owners grew a pair and cut these bastards.

If Rice was a fringe roster guy, he probably would already have been cut, no matter the outcome, being charged or no.

Yeah gutless owners/GMs

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:02 pm
thunderspirit wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm

Yeah gutless owners/GMs
I don't blame owners and GMs as much. They're obviously pulled 2 ways by self-interest and the right thing, at least.

Commissioner, OTOH, there's just absolutely no reason not to drop the hammer hard. The game of football and the NFL's bottom line wouldn't have a blip you could see with a electron microscope if he were banned for life. (Not saying it needs to be that high, just hypothetically speaking. Two years would be my choice.)

Sure, the NFLPA would fight it, and jackass arbiters might side with them. But there's still absolutely no reason for the Commissioner not to do his best.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Apparently the Dallas police believe Rice was the driver of the Corvette rather than a passenger.

It beggars belief that a guy could drive like that when it's only been 6 months or so since Henry Ruggs was sentenced for causing a death doing the same type of thing. If that wasn't a salutary lesson then what the hell is?
wab
Mod

If you can get a 6 game suspension for messing up your supplements, then you should get at least that for causing a 5 care pile-up, and then fleeing the scene with your abandoned car in the middle of northbound traffic on Easter weekend when tons of people are travelling.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Chiefs WR Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities following reported crash, lawyer says

A lawyer for Kanas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice said on Monday that Rice "is cooperating with authorities" after a report of a multi-vehicle crash this past weekend in Dallas involving a car associated with Rice.

Police stated that "the occupants of the Lamborghini and the Corvette all ran from the scene without stopping to determine if anyone needed medical help or providing their information." Two people were treated for minor injuries at the scene, while two others were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, per authorities.

Rice's attorney, Royce West, said on Monday that Rice's thoughts are with those impacted by the accident and he will "take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly."

Chiefs president Mark Donovan responded to Rice's alleged involvement in the accident during a radio interview on Monday.

"In all these situations you have to wait until you have all the facts and frankly, we don't have all the facts at this point," Donovan told KCMO-AM. "The one comforting fact that we do have is that there was a multi-car crash in Texas, in Dallas, and fortunately, it doesn't appear that anyone was hurt and we should be grateful for that. We'll get to the bottom of it, we'll gather the facts and we'll react accordingly."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-wr-rash ... awyer-says
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

A corvette and lambo, any wonder a high percentage of players are broke a year after being done.
wab
Mod

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:18 pm
Chiefs WR Rashee Rice cooperating with authorities following reported crash, lawyer says

A lawyer for Kanas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice said on Monday that Rice "is cooperating with authorities" after a report of a multi-vehicle crash this past weekend in Dallas involving a car associated with Rice.

Police stated that "the occupants of the Lamborghini and the Corvette all ran from the scene without stopping to determine if anyone needed medical help or providing their information." Two people were treated for minor injuries at the scene, while two others were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, per authorities.

Rice's attorney, Royce West, said on Monday that Rice's thoughts are with those impacted by the accident and he will "take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly."

Chiefs president Mark Donovan responded to Rice's alleged involvement in the accident during a radio interview on Monday.

"In all these situations you have to wait until you have all the facts and frankly, we don't have all the facts at this point," Donovan told KCMO-AM. "The one comforting fact that we do have is that there was a multi-car crash in Texas, in Dallas, and fortunately, it doesn't appear that anyone was hurt and we should be grateful for that. We'll get to the bottom of it, we'll gather the facts and we'll react accordingly."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-wr-rash ... awyer-says
I mean... there's dash cam footage of them racing, crashing, and fleeing....leaving their crashed cars in the middle of I75. I wonder what other facts they can wrap around that.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

If I’m the attorney for any of the other people involved I’m making a phone call asking how much they want to pay before I file suit.

The last thing he wants to do from a PR stance is get deposed and have to keep invoking his 5th amendment right to remain silent.

Glad no one was injured significantly and they will be getting paid. Unlike when I got rear ended a year ago by a guy high on meth with minimal coverage who was pretty much judgment proof. My underinsured coverage paid off my car (went from 0% financing to 6% so that’s fun) he had $25k in bodily injuries and that gets eaten up quick with ambulance ride, ER visit, MRI and a few months of PT.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 am
I mean... there's dash cam footage of them racing, crashing, and fleeing....leaving their crashed cars in the middle of I75. I wonder what other facts they can wrap around that.
Chewbacca is a Wookie from the planet Kashyyyk & he lives on Endor with 2ft tall Ewoks?

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 am
Something to do with mental health?

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 pm
That and a lot of money will make everything right . Wonder if the team and/or the NFL will take disciplinary actions.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Arrest warrant issued for Chiefs' Rashee Rice in connection with multi-car crash

The Dallas Police Department on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice "in regard to a serious bodily injury crash" that took place March 30 on a Dallas highway.

Rice, 23, is facing eight counts -- aggravated assault, collision involving serious bodily injury and six counts of collision involving injury -- stemming from a chain-reaction collision that involved a Lamborghini that Rice was driving, a Corvette and four other vehicles. The crash left four people with minor injuries, police said.

Theodore Knox, 21, who was determined to have been driving the Corvette, has also been issued an arrest warrant and is facing the same eight counts, according to the police statement.

The passengers in the vehicles will not be charged, per DPD, and Rice and Knox are not in custody at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

The NFL has been closely monitoring developments in the incident, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported per a league spokesman.

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/arrest-warrant ... -car-crash
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

And Rice has apparently now turned himself in to police and is in custody at the Regional Jail in DeSoto.