NFL expands uniform policy to allow third alternate helmet design

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

Per NFL.com
NFL expands uniform policy to allow third alternate helmet design

Two years after alternate helmets designs were approved to return to the NFL, the league has expanded its uniform policy to allow for a third helmet to be added to teams' uniform closets, the league announced via a memo sent to clubs on Wednesday.

The NFL approved an adjustment of the uniform policy in 2021 to allow alternate helmets in the 2022 season, a change from the "one-shell" rule which had been in place for a decade. Now, after further evaluation of the uniform policy as part of a continued focus on player health and safety, the league has further expanded the policy to allow for teams to pursue another helmet design.

Teams going through a re-design process for the 2024 season have been offered a third helmet option, and it will be available for all teams for the 2025 season. The teams must inform the league office of their intent to utilize an alternate color helmet for the 2025 season by no later than May 1, 2024.

The second and third helmets, also known as "alternate color helmets," can only be worn with one of the club's authorized optional uniforms (classic, alternate and/or color rush). In addition, if either alternate color helmet is paired with a classic uniform, the helmet colors and designs must be historically compatible.

All use of alternate color helmets will also be subject to the following requirements:

* Clubs must obtain an entire new set of alternate color helmets for all players
* Alternate color helmets must be the same make, model, and size as the applicable player's primary helmet
* Alternate color helmets must be made available to all players at the start of training camp and should be fit at the same time as the primary helmet
* Alternate color helmets must be worn in practice at a minimum during the week leading up to the game in which they will be used.

These conditions were put in place to maintain player health and safety, ensuring that the alternate color helmets fit properly and players have had enough time to practice with them on before wearing them during game action.

Thirteen teams wore alternate helmets in 2022, and more teams added alternate looks in the 2023 season.

Article here: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-expands-un ... met-design
Now it's time to get that Polar Bear look happening!

“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell
IotaNet
MVP

“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell
Heinz D.
MVP

The first set is pretty cool. Don't like the classic Bear image on the white helmet, though. And I'm not quite sure why...
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
LacertineForest
MVP

Yes, please

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'm ok with the all white and would welcome it as a replacement for the orange bullshit the keep trying to tell us is so awesome
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I'm down for all white but I don't want the Bear logo on the helmet. Give me wishbone C, damn you.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Browns update their helmets.

From this...

To this...

"Browns making a hype video for white face masks is the most Browns thing ever"
— Big Apple Browns Backers | NYC (@bigapplebrowns)

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:38 pm
Nay. The 'C' is cool.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Heinz D. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:59 am The first set is pretty cool. Don't like the classic Bear image on the white helmet, though. And I'm not quite sure why...
I feel the exact same way. Always thought Id like it on the helmet, but I dont.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Just started a new thread for new uniform designs, but as part of the Texans' here's a look at their 3 new helmets:

wulfy
MVP

I’d like the Bears to bury the Orange helmets at sea, never to be seen again.