WR Salaries

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Several new WR contract signings this offseason. A.J. Brown and Amon-Ra St. Brown now exceed Tyreek Hill in average annual salary, over $30M. Jaylen Waddle just got a new contract for $28M+. Even Nico Collins got a new contract and makes slightly more than D.J. Moore. Implications for the Bears re-signing D.J. and Keenan Allen to new contracts. I don't see D.J. signing for less than Waddle just got, more likely he's going for that $30M+. I don't think Allen's going to give any kind of discount.
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:14 am Several new WR contract signings this offseason. A.J. Brown and Amon-Ra St. Brown now exceed Tyreek Hill in average annual salary, over $30M. Jaylen Waddle just got a new contract for $28M+. Even Nico Collins got a new contract and makes slightly more than D.J. Moore. Implications for the Bears re-signing D.J. and Keenan Allen to new contracts. I don't see D.J. signing for less than Waddle just got, more likely he's going for that $30M+. I don't think Allen's going to give any kind of discount.
After the season, all Allen will give us is a 5ht round comp pick.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:03 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:14 am Several new WR contract signings this offseason. A.J. Brown and Amon-Ra St. Brown now exceed Tyreek Hill in average annual salary, over $30M. Jaylen Waddle just got a new contract for $28M+. Even Nico Collins got a new contract and makes slightly more than D.J. Moore. Implications for the Bears re-signing D.J. and Keenan Allen to new contracts. I don't see D.J. signing for less than Waddle just got, more likely he's going for that $30M+. I don't think Allen's going to give any kind of discount.
I don't see Allen on the team next year. But the team has enough high draft picks to select a replacement if Scott doesn't pan out.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:17 pm

I don't see Allen on the team next year. But the team has enough high draft picks to select a replacement if Scott doesn't pan out.
Maybe
There's 4 early picks.
DE, 3T, FS, WR3, C, G are 6 areas that stand a good chance of needing early help.
(And we're not rolling in cap space anymore)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

That can be used to offset a FA signing though and hopefully still get a 3rd Rounder for Jenkins