Larry Allen Done at 52

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.aol.com/sports/larry-allen- ... 25253.html

Younger'n me

Football (and 325 pounds) is not good for your health.

(And how the hell did this guy ever become a R2 pick out of Sonoma State?!?!?)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Sux, probably a heart attack. I wonder how well he kept up with his health after the game, a lot of these guys lose tons of weight (and they need to). I also wonder about steroids with him, or any of these guys really...
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Absolutely great player, one of the relatively few Guards in the HOF. Tragic loss for his family.
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

Back in the day they had a piece about what he ate. It was unreal amount of eggs and bacon on some supersized sandwich.
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:53 pm Back in the day they had a piece about what he ate. It was unreal amount of eggs and bacon on some supersized sandwich.
As I think about it it might not have been him but some other Dallas OL. But I think it showed them all eating it. Players have come on long way on what they eat, drink and overalll lifestyle
wab
Mod

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:53 pm Back in the day they had a piece about what he ate. It was unreal amount of eggs and bacon on some supersized sandwich.
As I think about it it might not have been him but some other Dallas OL. But I think it showed them all eating it. Players have come on long way on what they eat, drink and overalll lifestyle
For some reason I thought that was Leonard Davis...but I do remember the sandwich.
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:58 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:55 pm

For some reason I thought that was Leonard Davis...but I do remember the sandwich.
It was Nate Newton.

"So he’s just the kind of guy Jay Khorrami, owner-manager of the Coppell Deli, a favorite lunch-time hangout tor many Cowboys players, is looking for. Six years ago, when the team was struggling through its infamous 1-15 season, Khorrami approached Dallas offensive lineman Nate Newton, who at the time lived across the street from him, and invited him to visit the deli. “I told him I’d fix him something that would cheer him up,” Khorrami recalls,

What resulted was the creation of a sandwich that to this day is the top-seller on the deli’s menu, a behemoth now named in honor of former Cowboys tight end Daniel Stubbs, who found it to be such a perfect meal that he ate one or more daily during his tenure in Dallas. “The Stubbs,” as the sandwich is called, includes eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese, and is served between two thick slices of buttered Texas toast. Cooper Clinic dietitians estimate one Stubbs packs 1,553 calories and 110 grams of fat."

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/ ... wboys-eat/

Also Madden talked about on a broadcast one time.