The Chiefs get their rings

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Hopefully the Bears will be getting their own versions of these soon...

Kansas City's most recent title bash was a private ceremony in which the Chiefs were presented rings by Josten jewelers.

The rings were created in 10-karat white and yellow gold with rubies and diamonds, rife with historic details and tributes.

Among the ring tops are interlocked Chiefs arrowhead logos shaped from 16 custom-cut rubies -- symbolizing the franchise's number of outright division titles -- with the arrowhead fashioned in yellow gold and set with 50 diamonds. The logo rests proudly atop the franchise's four Super Bowl victories. Each ring has "back-to-back" emblazoned upon it in all caps, paying homage to the team's 2022 and 2023 season championships.

Other features include:
  • Super Bowl years '69, '19, '22 and '23 on flags within GEHA Stadium
  • "142.2" and "Loud" as nods to the Chiefs Kingdom
  • 22 sequential diamonds representing the points scored by Kansas City in the second half and overtime of the Super Bowl
  • The game-winning play drawn out using coach Reid's handwriting
  • 19 diamonds within the Super Bowl LVIIII logo that represent 11 consecutive winning seasons and eight straight AFC West titles
  • A commemorative patch honoring Norma Hunt
  • In all, the Chiefs' rings feature 14.8 carats, 505 round diamonds, 19 baguette diamonds, five marquise diamonds and 38 custom-cut genuine rubies
https://www.nfl.com/news/back-to-back-b ... ship-rings
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

It's going to be nice to knock Mahommes and the stupid Chiefs off their pedestal. Caleb Williams is coming for that crown.
Heinz D.
MVP

Wow. Those are truly strange.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Bears rings will be so much nicer
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

No a jewelry guy at all (don't wear a watch, just my plain ass wedding ring), but those are too over the top for me. They would never see the light of day. Hell, might even consider selling them.
dplank
Hall of Famer

My brother has two super bowl rings, they stay in a safe deposit box and never see the light of day.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:10 am My brother has two super bowl rings, they stay in a safe deposit box and never see the light of day.
OK, I'll bite. Tell us more!
dplank
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:23 pm
dplank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:10 am My brother has two super bowl rings, they stay in a safe deposit box and never see the light of day.
OK, I'll bite. Tell us more!
Worked for the Ravens for 25 years
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

A have a few friends that have one and their rings get the same treatment.

It's amazing how big they have gotten. The ring the Giants got the last time they won a Super Bowl is about half the size of that one. (that's just my guess having seen that one several times, it's no where near as over the top)>
wab
Mod

I have a buddy who has a 97 Bulls championship ring. I've only seen it once...the day he got it. t's been locked away for years.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:01 am It's amazing how big they have gotten. The ring the Giants got the last time they won a Super Bowl is about half the size of that one. (that's just my guess having seen that one several times, it's no where near as over the top)>
A few years back the NFL put on a display of the Super Bowl rings for the first 50 championships before a Wembley game. They've definitely got bigger and more elaborate with each passing year! They look as if they're practically unwearable now.
Arkansasbear
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:56 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:01 am It's amazing how big they have gotten. The ring the Giants got the last time they won a Super Bowl is about half the size of that one. (that's just my guess having seen that one several times, it's no where near as over the top)>
A few years back the NFL put on a display of the Super Bowl rings for the first 50 championships before a Wembley game. They've definitely got bigger and more elaborate with each passing year! They look as if they're practically unwearable now.
This give a good perspective (so saying twice the size was a bit by me)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

They are really crazy. They might as well switch to a miniature statue or trophy, because they aren't viable jewelry any more (both in terms of size/comfort and of making you a giant target, unless you travel with bodyguard crew).
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:58 pm

They are really crazy. They might as well switch to a miniature statue or trophy, because they aren't viable jewelry any more (both in terms of size/comfort and of making you a giant target, unless you travel with bodyguard crew).
Right! If these things have to have their own armed guards, what's the fucking point? Everything is dumb.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

These rings have gotten way out of control. Who approves these designs anyway? Goes to show, most NFL owners have no taste what so ever. Pretty soon they will have to switch to Super Bowl Tiaras to get more bling on them.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Happily, it finally involves the Bears.... :toast: :headbang: :transform: :jump:
malk
Head Coach

Christ they're ugly! Admittedly my wedding ring is a plain titanium band so I don't think I'm the target market lol but still, yikes.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)